PDA

View Full Version : Swap Shop Suggestion

tlandauer
02-18-2015, 11:42 PM
In light of so many people who are either uninformed or couldn't be bothered to follow the rules, I wonder if it is at all possible to have a check box in the section like when one is closing a financial transaction. One must read and agree to the terms ( rules) before allowed such endeavors.
It will be a pain for people who have sold and followed the rules, but it seems REPEATED admonishments by Moderators goes ignored by these people.
I truly don't get it, as I take a tremendous pride in observing the rules and so do 99% of all the other members. Why let the 1% of them ruin our day?
Another way is to have the Forum remember the names of members who have sold items without violations and exempt these people from having to do the check box. First time sellers must go through this process.

I don't know, may be I am being silly again, but it bothers me that the rules are being ignored and Moderators have to spend their time going after these people.

Luck as a Constant
02-19-2015, 12:16 AM
It's really sad that I see guys that have been around and know the rules blatantly ignoring them.
Good thing I don't have mod status otherwise I would just ban them before they could make a sale thru pm.
Unfortunately, the more these threads show up, the more the mods want to just be done with swap shop all together I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make-a-Wake
02-19-2015, 01:30 AM
I cant stand the scenario where the OP says "all forum rules apply, no pm's" then the VERY FIRST reply post is 'PM sent'!!!! WTH???????????? Just happened again!:doh:

What in the world can be so secretive about a freakin prop or hull for sale that they cant just type "how long is it", "are there any scratches" etc etc............................ i imagine cuz its some sneaky BS.

We're not selling top secret military items here...................for Pete's sake!

Spartanator
02-26-2015, 07:45 PM
A lot of times PM sent means that they are exchanging PayPal info. I do not want my email in the open so the bots can get it. Not going to lie, I have bought something via a PM. It didn't come in the condition that was advertised.... Poor FASTech.... I won't be doing doing that again, lesson learned....

I don't like to post tracking numbers either, if it is a UPS tracking number the delivery address could be changed. I have some of MY stuff re-routed to my work.

Unfortunately rules will always get broken. I think 2016 will be the end of the Swap Shop..... Hope not...

Possibly a 24 hour rule on offers????

Make-a-Wake
02-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Here's rule #5

5. The first reply post that shows intent to buy pending more information in the thread (NOT via PM) is first in line to buy the item.

'PM sent' is not "intent to buy" in the thread............ and 'NOT via PM' is .......well..........not via PM

Spartanator
02-26-2015, 09:54 PM
I know that but sometimes the seller doesn't like that first offer, then gets a second offer, maybe even a third-All of which were higher than the original. Is the seller "allowed" to say no to the lower offering guys and sell it to the higher buyer? I have read the rules but I just find grey areas in certain spots, or maybe I am just over thinking it.... lol

Make-a-Wake
02-26-2015, 10:30 PM
My take on that is if someone offers 60 on a 100 price, then the seller should at least counter back to the first poster...........or state that the price is firm. If someone else offers an acceptable price before the first guy replies, I would sell it.................the first guy shouldn't have been lowballing which 90% of folks do here. If the item is priced fairly why not just pay a fellow boater that price, folks on here acting like saving(pinching the seller) 10 bucks is gonna stop them from having to dig out of a dumpster for dinner

Spartanator
02-26-2015, 10:35 PM
I lowball every now and 5 minutes.... There is lots of good deals here but we still pop lowballs out.

Make-a-Wake
02-26-2015, 10:37 PM
What if a guy priced a NIB leopard 4074 at 40 bucks..........................you gonna offer him 30 or quickly buy it before someone else does?

Diegoboy
02-26-2015, 10:40 PM
I love this conversation. Let's keep it going...

Spartanator
02-27-2015, 08:04 AM
What if a guy priced a NIB leopard 4074 at 40 bucks..........................you gonna offer him 30 or quickly buy it before someone else does?

I might.... Just depends who it is..... If it was Someone who I have delt with before then probably pay that asking. This isn't a retail shop so I do not want to pay retail prices.
It might erupt into a bidding war...
I doubt you want to pay everyone's asking price though.

I love this conversation. Let's keep it going...

It might get interesting....

kfxguy
02-27-2015, 09:09 AM
I think it should be like this:

Part for sale, 60 bucks or best offer.

Guy a says he'll give 40 for it.

Seller hasn't responded just yet....

Guy b comes along and says I'll pay what your asking....

First off the seller said Obo...the asking price is the best offer and the offerer needs to understand he's taking a chance. Now had the seller agreed to the 40 bucks, well it's sold to him even if a guy comes behind and offers full price (once the offer is accepted the item should be considered sold no matter what at that point).

Doby
02-27-2015, 09:46 AM
A seller can sell to whoever he/she wants to.

Spartanator
02-27-2015, 10:16 AM

At the end of the day yes, but some get irritated when 3 people offer differently.... The first offer is a lowball, 2nd offer is a mid ball, 3rd is asking price and the seller picks the last offer which is highest. It's not really confusing but I keep overthinking it.

If it has a price I will make an offer, even if it's $5 below asking. I've paid over asking before.... I've been told to pick my price before, I don't say: OK, $10 for a $40 item...

Sorry Tim, mind of de-railing your thread...

T.S.Davis
02-27-2015, 10:29 AM
The PM deals do piss me off. No pictures is super annoying too. Some of the rules are silly IMO

You can't offer additional information about something being sold unless you are the seller. If you see a sale item that you are familiar with you should be able to vouch for it's quality. The rule mongers immediately send messages to the mods about bumping a buddies sale item. I wouldn't "bump" a sale item for my mother. I would say "I've seen it, it's a nice build, I've had my butt kicked by it". If I saw an opportunity for a fellow boater to pick up something nice I would like to help do that. But noooooooooooo. Rule violation! Rule violation! Delete! Delete!

Incidentally, I don't blame the mods for that. They're only trying to keep their in box from exploding. I might even get a text from one saying "Cut it out tool! I got stuff to do today."

If there was a radio button saying you read the rules would guys read them? It will be like loading software. Yes yes yes continue install yes ugh ugh ugh yes just do it already. There's a box on the NAMBA form where you verify that you've read the rule book. I still know guys with multiple years of race experience that haven't read it.

Spartanator
02-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Maybe a rule could be added that you must know about what your selling, no exceptions. If you don't know something about it then you need to post a feeler thread (need a feeler thread section).
In that thread, other people could post info about it and then the seller could QUOTE them in the FS thread.

Hold the prop, MAYBE you must run a FS thread past an admin/moderator before it goes in the swap shop....? Would waste time but would prevent 4 posts saying you need a price or pictures... That's 4 bumps for you brown nosers that are sending a PM to the mods/marshals. Getting 4 PMs about the same post or thread is annoying....

To be honest, I think several would just click yes multiple times and then lost the thread. I'd read it every now and then but eventually just click yes. Could put a timer on it? 12 minutes seems fair...

What if a "sale helper" sent a PM to the seller....

If
And
But
:(

Make-a-Wake
02-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Spartanator, I hope my comments don't seem argumentative to you, they are not at all meant to be, my emoticons don't work and I would be adding my "peace signs" I use quite often.

T.S., Yep the PM thing is "sneaky". If the first poster says "PM sent", rule violation to start with, what can they be asking? If they want the item they should post in the thread, if they have a question(will you ship to Canada? etc.........) about it they should post in the thread for all to know the answer. Those are the only two valid comments/questions at this point. If they are asking for the paypal addy they should have already posted that they will take it in the first post.....................and of course if they are offering the usual lowball they should also post it. Either way, the "PM sent" reply is bogus and sneaky at that point.

I too however have posted a comment about the item or defended the OP's price, knowing full well it would get deleted and my motive is solely for the OP. I have even PM'd the OP to tell them to stick to their price and not even entertain all the lowballs. I really don't have a personal reason to say these things, its just that ethical/friendly behavior towards the seller seems to lack much of the time.

Spartanator
02-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Spartanator, I hope my comments don't seem argumentative to you, they are not at all meant to be, my emoticons don't work and I would be adding my "peace signs" I use quite often.

Don't worry about offending me or anything like that, I am pretty much un-offended unless you mention my Dog, OffShore Cigarettes', or a Classic car....

EDIT: No worries, this thread is kind of an argument anyways. No harm done over here.

tlandauer
02-27-2015, 08:53 PM
T.S., Yep the PM thing is "sneaky". If the first poster says "PM sent", rule violation to start with, what can they be asking? If they want the item they should post in the thread, if they have a question(will you ship to Canada? etc.........) about it they should post in the thread for all to know the answer. Those are the only two valid comments/questions at this point. If they are asking for the paypal addy they should have already posted that they will take it in the first post.....................and of course if they are offering the usual lowball they should also post it. Either way, the "PM sent" reply is bogus and sneaky at that point.

I too however have posted a comment about the item or defended the OP's price, knowing full well it would get deleted and my motive is solely for the OP. I have even PM'd the OP to tell them to stick to their price and not even entertain all the lowballs. I really don't have a personal reason to say these things, its just that ethical/friendly behavior towards the seller seems to lack much of the time.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Doug Smock
02-27-2015, 09:20 PM
I too however have posted a comment about the item or defended the OP's price, knowing full well it would get deleted and my motive is solely for the OP.

Regardless what your motive is it causes us unnecessary work and is not at all appreciated. :ThumbsDown01:

There are several guys that do this.
Danny perhaps we should try other methods to get a handle on it. :smile:
It would of course be much better if they would show a little respect and find something better to do with their time.:olleyes:

keithbradley
02-27-2015, 09:26 PM
Isn't it crazy that you actually have to say that? Strange times we are living in fellas...

tlandauer
02-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Another thing which I don't get, if that certain buyer is trying to ask something other than being underhanded, and let's not pretend that he or she doesn't know the rules, then, in the name of FE Boats, why would this person advertise "PM sent"????? Not that I recommend to be underhanded, but that just begs people to get up set , even if the subject of the PM was really not designed to seal a deal in private. It is understandable that some people just have to ask questions in private and I suppose there really is no way to prevent and stop them from doing so.
I have done that, because I had a question I thought if I posted in the open might attract negative opinion from other potential buyers and it would not be fair to the seller, and i am well aware that only I would come up with such a question , I PM the seller and right on the top I explain and told him after the answer I will resume my normal procedure. The seller in this case is 100% aware of my intentions and is put at ease that I am not trying to pull a fast one.
However, I will absolutely abide by the rule and ask such questions in the open if the seller writes specifically "all questions need to be posted in the open, no PM would be answered". then it is the seller's call and he or she should not get upset if one's question might ultimately reduce the opinion/value of the product that is being sold.
Please feel free to correct me, I am by no means trying to write a "how to", just reflecting and thinking out loud.

T.S.Davis
02-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Doug, I've refrained from commenting on the sale forum to keep the piece.

Is it okay to send a PM to someone asking about an item to tell them what you know about it? That seems harmless.

The last purchase I lost to a PM offer sold for 80% of what I was willing to pay. So I got hosed and the seller missed out on $50 on the sale.

Make-a-Wake
02-27-2015, 09:45 PM
Regardless what your motive is it causes us unnecessary work and is not at all appreciated. :ThumbsDown01:

There are several guys that do this.
Danny perhaps we should try other methods to get a handle on it. :smile:
It would of course be much better if they would show a little respect and find something better to do with their time.:olleyes:

I have only posted a few times in that manner Mr. Sunshine and I do show a little respect

Doug Smock
02-27-2015, 09:50 PM
I have only posted a few times in that manner Mr. Sunshine and I do show a little respect

Nice.... :olleyes:

tlandauer
02-27-2015, 09:52 PM
........ I think 2016 will be the end of the Swap Shop..... Hope not...

:crying::crying: I hope not, I really love this place! I know it is difficult for the moderators, may be it is not wise to incite resentments??
It will be what it will be....
I will do my part to abide by the rules and conduct myself in an honorable way, that is all I can say from my end.....:tiphat:

Doug Smock
02-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Doug, I've refrained from commenting on the sale forum to keep the piece.

Is it okay to send a PM to someone asking about an item to tell them what you know about it? That seems harmless.

Absolutely.
It would be great to allow it in the thread. Unfortunately........................

Spartanator
02-27-2015, 10:29 PM

I guess it would be unless you post that you sent a PM.... .lol

Doug Smock
02-27-2015, 10:36 PM
I guess it would be unless you post that you sent a PM.... .lol

Yeah don't do that or you'll get a visit from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBxTT2Th9s4 LOL

tlandauer
02-27-2015, 10:49 PM
yeah don't do that or you'll get a visit from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxtt2th9s4 lol

lol....

ray schrauwen
02-27-2015, 11:15 PM
I'm not sure if it's my crappy tablet, could be but, I can't load a SSS 4074 into my cart. It keeps asking me to choose an option and the only option is a cooler, I click on that and it doesn't work.

Just letting you know. I like it so far, no complaints.

Doby
02-27-2015, 11:24 PM

Doug "Mr. Sunshine" Smock...has a nice ring to it.

tlandauer
02-28-2015, 02:17 AM
I'm not sure if it's my crappy tablet, could be but, I can't load a SSS 4074 into my cart. It keeps asking me to choose an option and the only option is a cooler, I click on that and it doesn't work.

Just letting you know. I like it so far, no complaints.

Ray, had it occurred to you that you could have just "send" a PM to your shopping cart?! And your problem would "magically" disappear.... :lol::lol::lol:

ray schrauwen
02-28-2015, 10:36 AM
Hit me in thehead with a hammer and call me stupid but, that went way over my head.... :confused1:

No worries, I was just going to check basic shipping rates to FL.

Ray, had it occurred to you that you could have just "send" a PM to your shopping cart?! And your problem would "magically" disappear.... :lol::lol::lol:

Spartanator
02-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Hit me in thehead with a hammer and call me stupid but, that went way over my head.... :confused1:

No worries, I was just going to check basic shipping rates to FL.

To me, it means if you sent a PM about the item then the problem would get deleted. Pm'ing is a problem in items for sale threads..
It makes since if you don't think about it... lol

keithbradley
02-28-2015, 08:34 PM
Maybe a rule could be added...

Yes... and a tax, and some more guidelines, and punishments, and maybe we could subsidize some of the for sale threads while we're at it. People aren't smart enough to think for themselves. What we need is a group of elected officials telling us what to do, and making sure those of us that choose not to still get our share.

Hmm...I feel like I've seen this somewhere else before...

The problem with the swap shop isn't the rules, or the lack of rules. It's the idiots who are sending PMs to mods saying that they think they are entitled to something more than someone else (or whatever else they're PMing about). If you want something and it's worth the price, buy it. If you want to make a lower offer because you don't think the item isn't worth the asking price, you shouldn't be upset if someone else gets it, because you've already decided you didn't want it at that price anyway...nothing lost. If you DID think it was worth the asking price but decided to offer less just to try to screw the seller out of a little more...HA! I say you got what was coming, and I applaud your time spent cheating yourself out of a good deal, and providing a moment of entertainment for the rest of us. Way to step over a dollar on your way to pick up a dime.

Spartanator, just to be clear, my comments are not personal comments to you, I just used your quote.

I sometimes get people who ask about boat builds, and after I take the time to quote them something out, they offer a lower price or ask "what's the best price you can do for that". That's the part of the conversation where I say "I think you may have come to the wrong place for a boat."

Luck as a Constant
02-28-2015, 08:40 PM
Keith, my thread that I sold my mean machine was one of those threads.
Someone wanted it for a lower price, I wasn't to sure... Then he tried to force me into making up my mind that second. Well, I gave it a half hour and someone else came in and offered asking price.
Long story short.... I got dozens of angry replies in thread and pms from the guy all pissed off I sold it to someone else.
The mentality of people is just beyond my comprehension....

tlandauer
02-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Keith, my thread that I sold my mean machine was one of those threads.
Someone wanted it for a lower price, I wasn't to sure... Then he tried to force me into making up my mind that second. Well, I gave it a half hour and someone else came in and offered asking price.
Long story short.... I got dozens of angry replies in thread and pms from the guy all pissed off I sold it to someone else.
The mentality of people is just beyond my comprehension....

I remember that thread. I laughed (please forgive me) so hard till I was in pain. Your MM was so nicely built.....
I agree with Keith, if I see something I want and the price is within my capability, I will honor the seller's asking price. Otherwise I would walk away, if it's not meant to be mine, then why muddle up someone else's thread. Buying from people who have a track record also helps, I think these people know the true value and they are not trying to pull a fast one.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

T.S.Davis
02-28-2015, 09:13 PM
"what's the best price you can do for that"

Oh man. I get this all the time in my day job. I always want to say "the one we gave you". Another favorite is "I got a price from the other guy of X, can you do it for that?" To which I want to say "nope, give it to that other guy that's going to screw it up" Keith, you mean to tell us you don't build them just for practice?

It rarely occurs to me to offer less on the swap shop. I always think I'm either willing to pay the asking or I am not. Maybe twice I've considered offering less.

keithbradley
02-28-2015, 11:55 PM
Oh man. I get this all the time in my day job. I always want to say "the one we gave you". Another favorite is "I got a price from the other guy of X, can you do it for that?" To which I want to say "nope, give it to that other guy that's going to screw it up" Keith, you mean to tell us you don't build them just for practice?

It rarely occurs to me to offer less on the swap shop. I always think I'm either willing to pay the asking or I am not. Maybe twice I've considered offering less.

I do build some for practice. Every personal boat I build is something "experimental". I haven't built a "proven setup" type boat in years. If I already know something works well, it's a waste of my time to build it for myself. My boats are all practice boats, and they all help me learn how to build them better. When I build one for you though, you're gonna have to reach for your pocket book (not you specifically but you know what I mean...). I've had a waiting list for boat builds for 3 years, and that's not gonna change any time soon. When someone tries to beat me up on price it really is a total waste of my time and theirs. It's like you've been waiting outside an exclusive club, hoping to get in. When the bouncer finally says "you" and points at you, signaling you to go in, you stop and tell him you think the cover charge is too much and you want a better deal. Nice move, idiot. :tiphat: :bash:

I'll "lowball" someone from time to time. If I see an item that someone is obviously having a hard time selling, I might think to myself "self, what's the most you would be willing to pay for that". Once I've answered my own question, I'll take that amount and offer it. If the seller accepts, I feel like I've helped him out by giving him some cash for something he was sitting on for a while. If he doesn't accept the offer, I'm not only fine with it, I'm usually relieved, because 90% of the time I'm making an offer on something I don't really need. I waste more money doing this type of thing than anything. :noidea:

Spartanator
03-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Spartanator, just to be clear, my comments are not personal comments to you, I just used your quote.

Keith, no worries. Very hard to offend me unless you mention 3 certain things.... My Dog, Offshore Cigarettes' or a Classic Car.

I REALLY like that Twin Donzi you are putting together... Take a kidney for trade? Just kiddin', lol.
I should read the rules more as well as others. If someone does say "What's the best you can do" on a price I would be more than tempted to say "The one Posted"! lol

I am often relieved as well when someone turns down my offer because by then I found something better or that I actually WANT.

I thought of the new rule.... YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING FOR SALE!

Make-a-Wake
03-02-2015, 05:53 PM
There' only one minor hiccup on this thread cuz he had about a 5 minute delay posting a pic...............BUT, this is how a sale thread should look.

Quality item to start with in this case, fair pricing but he wasn't "cheap selling it" either. First guy noticed that it was fair and instead of dickering around for 10 bucks less etc.................he simply said I will take it, paid, was shipped and he replied that it got there safely............

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?50728-Neu-1515-1Y-2200KV

Doug Smock
03-02-2015, 06:35 PM
There' only one minor hiccup on this thread cuz he had about a 5 minute delay posting a pic...............BUT, this is how a sale thread should look.

Quality item to start with in this case, fair pricing but he wasn't "cheap selling it" either. First guy noticed that it was fair and instead of dickering around for 10 bucks less etc.................he simply said I will take it, paid, was shipped and he replied that it got there safely............

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?50728-Neu-1515-1Y-2200KV

Well almost. You can't see it but there was one post that had nothing to do with the thread & two posts (butted in) that shouldn't have. All were deleted.

So this is a good example of what happens here. As short and sweet as it was, that thread required a moderator four times.

But you are right. It would be fantastic if they all "looked" that way without a little help from your friends.:smile:

Make-a-Wake
03-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Yes sir, I had one I cant find now but it was "perfect" in that sense, a mod gave a thumbs up on it at the end.

tlandauer
03-16-2015, 01:29 PM
In addition to the "Ignore" feature , there should be an " Avoid List" feature so buyers and sellers can ear mark certain names and avoid dealing with the listed ones. That way unnecessary conflicts can be avoided.
Different Strokes For Different Folks......:spy:

kfxguy
03-16-2015, 01:52 PM
In addition to the "Ignore" feature , there should be an " Avoid List" feature so buyers and sellers can ear mark certain names and avoid dealing with the listed ones. That way unnecessary conflicts can be avoided.
Different Strokes For Different Folks......:spy:

Lol......great idea!

Spartanator
03-16-2015, 08:54 PM
Maybe a trader rating system. When you go the profile of the seller/buyer they have a rating? Almost along the lines of having X amount of red flags bans your from the Swap Shop.

Hopefully that Swap Shop stays around, I like to see what comes through there. So glad I am not a moderator, I'd ban myself... lol

These toy boats are sure getting on the expensive side.

Make-a-Wake
03-16-2015, 09:03 PM
The one thing I really cant stand is the listing of a great product at a very fair price and the first reply is where they offer 10 bucks less............trying to widdle down a fellow rc boater. If someone cant afford to pay $175 for a Neu motor, how is paying $165 gonna help them realistically.............they need to get out of the hobby and put their money towards feeding their kids if their budget is that tight.

Doby
03-16-2015, 10:04 PM
The one thing I really cant stand is the listing of a great product at a very fair price and the first reply is where they offer 10 bucks less............trying to widdle down a fellow rc boater. If someone cant afford to pay $175 for a Neu motor, how is paying $165 gonna help them realistically.............they need to get out of the hobby and put their money towards feeding their kids if their budget is that tight.

So you pay asking price on everything?

Make-a-Wake
03-16-2015, 10:58 PM
If it is a fair deal, yes. In fact I don't think I have ever offered less in the six years I have been a member here. If its out of whack on price I just don't mess with it.

I'm mainly talking about the tiny discount...............just so they can feel like they won, I have been in the car business 25 years and the customer needs to feel like he won.........here it should be different.

Doby
03-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Why?

Spartanator
03-16-2015, 11:16 PM
I don't think letting it go for $10 less would kill the deal for me (unless I don't like they buyer). If it was mine and he offered $165 I'd come back at him with a $170 Shipped Priority Mail. Now if someone is asking near new price on an item that is a hard sale then I bite on them a little bit. I have a small RC budget so what's in the PayPal account is what the budget is until next check. It's important to let the buyer to THINK they won.... haha

Small budget as in my Slash 4x4 is about to sit without a motor and ESC for the next year. Getting a new toy boat!!! :w00t:

Make-a-Wake
03-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Why?

Because this is supposed to be a boating fraternity..........linked by a hobby we all like and are interested in. Heck, the forum members even gift others at Christmas.......giving things freely to other members. I am not saying to pay whatever someone posts as the price................like $500 for a Feigao motor, I'm talking about the ones that know the price is a good deal and have to cut it just a hair. It really looks ridiculous to offer $190 on an item listed at $200 if its a good deal. So in this case the item is worth 190 but 200 is way too high and out of the question?? C'mon.......its nit picky and petty. I guess I have a different view of it being in retail sales for years. I get a real kick out of watching the "10 dollar cutter" get taken out by the next guy who pays the full/fair price and then throws a fit. Its happened a bunch and it serves 'em right.

Doby
03-17-2015, 08:45 AM
Fair price is in the eye of the beholder.

Make-a-Wake
03-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Fair price is in the eye of the beholder.

That is true

tlandauer
03-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Great points from both gentlemen!
I have walked in this path as both of you have described and fared well, although I am sure many people here privately would think I tend to over pay. The bottom line is it depends on how badly I want the item and how quickly it will be snatched up , these two factors in the end dictates the price.
I also choose carefully who I buy from. If a picture looks good and the feel is right , then I buy. But if there are lingering questions after seeing a picture and asking the seller then no matter how desirable the item is I would give myself sometime to cool down, and if during this period someone else gets if, I am OK with that.