PDA

View Full Version : This thing is cool

HappyOne
09-16-2008, 08:44 PM
I just got back from the pond:bounce:

WOW!

This BJ26 was fun when I first bought it and ran 2 x 7.4 3600.
BUT.....
After changing to the Fuller's hardware, adding a sharpened and balanced X642, adding a separate water pickup, cutting the fins down to 1" and bending them inward plus running 2 x 2S 8000 lipos...:flame42:

It really moves, runs like it is on rails and gave a good long run without getting the motor too hot or making the batteries more than slightly warm. I am going to have to put a GPS on board next time:w00t:

This is so cool - I am hooked:banana:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures but at least you can see the setup and the stand. I used a pushrod boot for around the antenna and added a clasp at the rear of the lid from a SV27. This way I don't have to tape the hatch for it to stay secure. I did run some weatherstripping around the inside of the lid so I see almost no water in the hull after a run.

The stand is pretty close to what others have done except that I slanted the rear support posts.

kwiktsi
09-16-2008, 10:16 PM
I just got back from the pond:bounce:

WOW!

This BJ26 was fun when I first bought it and ran 2 x 7.4 3600.
BUT.....
After changing to the Fuller's hardware, adding a sharpened and balanced X642, adding a separate water pickup, cutting the fins down to 1" and bending them inward plus running 2 x 2S 8000 lipos...:flame42:

It really moves, runs like it is on rails and gave a good long run without getting the motor too hot or making the batteries more than slightly warm. I am going to have to put a GPS on board next time:w00t:

This is so cool - I am hooked:banana:

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures but at least you can see the setup and the stand. I used a pushrod boot for around the antenna and added a clasp at the rear of the lid from a SV27. This way I don't have to tape the hatch for it to stay secure. I did run some weatherstripping around the inside of the lid so I see almost no water in the hull after a run.

The stand is pretty close to what others have done except that I slanted the rear support posts.

How many "C"s are the 8000's rated at and where did you get them? I need to find some bigger lipos than what I am currently running, but they have to be at least 20 C.
Joe

HappyOne
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
They are from True RC. They are posted as 10C but remember 10C continuous on an 8000 Mah battery is 80amps. The stock ESC is 45Amp continuous with 55amp peak so these batteries never really get much of a workout,

rockwerks
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM
How many "C"s are the 8000's rated at and where did you get them? I need to find some bigger lipos than what I am currently running, but they have to be at least 20 C.
Joe

They dont have to be 20C because of the high MAH, a 12C will be good.

a 10C 1000mah would have a max continious amp discharge of 10 amps

a 10C 8000mah would have a max rating of 80 amps.

beat me to it LOL

HappyOne
09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
So i had another run tonight and it ran great. I put a Garmin handheld gps in the boat and it only showed a maximum speed of 47.5km - which isn't even 30 mph!

It sure seemed faster than that:confused2:

The strut is set pretty high (almost fully up) so I think I will drop it down a bit and put a little angle on the prop to raise the nose up. I also roughed up the back part of the hull.

Any other suggestions?

SLAUGHTER_AUS
09-17-2008, 10:30 PM
My mates stock item went 53.5kmh out of the box on 7.2v 5000mah 20c venom lipos...
he hasnt changed to the fullers gear yet though.

kwiktsi
09-18-2008, 01:13 AM
They dont have to be 20C because of the high MAH, a 12C will be good.

a 10C 1000mah would have a max continious amp discharge of 10 amps

a 10C 8000mah would have a max rating of 80 amps.

beat me to it LOL

A couple of my boats draw lot more than 80 amps :). That's why I wanted to know the c rating of those packs. Thanks.
Joe

kwiktsi
09-18-2008, 01:14 AM
They are from True RC. They are posted as 10C but remember 10C continuous on an 8000 Mah battery is 80amps. The stock ESC is 45Amp continuous with 55amp peak so these batteries never really get much of a workout,

I agree- good match for your setup and should have pretty good run time. I just need more than that for my other boats. Thanks.
Joe