PDA

View Full Version : Revolt 30 motor mount question

Aclinml
02-09-2015, 05:25 PM
OK, when I took the motor out these aluminum grommets came out also. Happened so fast, I was unsure which way the grommets go back in. does the wider end go in from the bottom or the top?

Thanks again.......

tlandauer
02-09-2015, 05:43 PM
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-revolt-rtr
Picture 5.....

Aclinml
02-09-2015, 09:31 PM
Kinda hard to tell, but it looks like they go in from the top.....

tlandauer
02-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Kinda hard to tell, but it looks like they go in from the top.....

What aluminum grommet are you referring? There are four "TRIM WASHERS" that sit on the wood, are those that you are talking about?

turbovr6jetta
02-09-2015, 11:45 PM
The "wide end" goes down towards the wood. That's why they all fell out when you lifted it up. They can be a tiny bit tricky to get back in. Cause they fall out easily

tlandauer
02-10-2015, 02:22 AM
The "wide end" goes down towards the wood. That's why they all fell out when you lifted it up. They can be a tiny bit tricky to get back in. Cause they fall out easily
What he said!
My bad, I see how it is configured, thought was trim washer. 127908

Phoebe
06-16-2015, 09:11 AM
What he said!
My bad, I see how it is configured, thought was trim washer. 127908

Next time the motor is out, Dab a bit of RTV on each ferrule as you reinsert them into the rubber grommets. This way they'll stay in place until you want to pull them out.

And while you're at it place a drop or two of CA in each hole of the motor mounting blocks, wait until it's thoroughly dry, and reinstall the motor mount screws. Your wooden mounts will last an eternity this way.