PDA

View Full Version : How many people do you have on your ignore list?

JMSCARD
02-07-2015, 04:04 PM
I've been on and off this forum for quite some time. I absolutely think 97% of you guys are fabulous...:biggrin: but honestly I see many people sometimes who obviously have a short temper, and can be just plain rude... which I'm not fond of, but mostly it pertains to people getting grumpy over swap shop items.... I wonder why anyone would want to sell to someone who is either A. beating them up on price in a rude way. B. Getting upset over things they cant control and acting as though someone just took away their next 10 birthdays... is it just me or are other getting to the point where I am feeling like I need to use the ignore list here on a forum in which I never thought I would have to.

To the rest of you, thanks for all!!:bowdown:

question is how many if any folks here do you have on your ignore list?

tlandauer
02-07-2015, 04:48 PM
I've been on and off this forum for quite some time. I absolutely think 97% of you guys are fabulous...:biggrin: but honestly I see many people sometimes who obviously have a short temper, and can be just plain rude... which I'm not fond of.

question is how many if any folks here do you have on your ignore list?

Jason, that is a good and fun question.:biggrin: I was just thinking about that and also wondering if I put someone on the ignore list, will that person be able to find out??:lol: My guess is not, it is confidential.
There was an experienced boater calls himdelf xxxxx 6x, under his handle he puts No.6x on Ignore List, i am sure he is being humorous, but what if the person knows he is No. xx on someone's list??? :w00t::w00t::w00t:
hahahaha.....
I have yet to put anyone on the list, I try to avoid responding to someone whom I feel might have potential issues with my style of posts here.
I am sure I am on someone's Ignore List, but that's fine.
With more than 4000 posts, I got on people's nerve may be three or four times. I try to avoid confrontations here since for me personally this is a place to relax and enjoy.

Fluid
02-07-2015, 04:50 PM
I probably have around 30 on my list. I've been adding folks to the list for at least four years; most of those on my list are long gone, either banned or they stopped trolling OSE. I probably should purge them but really, why bother....

I find I enjoy the forum much more without posts by annoying members. If I miss out on anything, I'm sure it wasn't important.

JMSCARD
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Yes I think I need to follow your advice here... Sometimes I can't help myself to jump in and say something when I feel folks are veering bashed..... I guess I'm old school in my ways and def no computer bully, I find it even more impressive when people threaten over the computer lol....

I'm going to jump on the wagon though as I think fluid has a good hold in things lol.... Some people I'd be better off not to see their posts and also would be better not to forget who they are and accidentally sell them something and have either problems arise or help them out lol... Seems like the same ol troops are always great it's some of the new folk who get out of line and torn up about petty things.... :) I'm going to ad a few and see how it goes, and take a little advice from the above post ta boot!

Jason, that is a good and fun question.:biggrin: I was just thinking about that and also wondering if I put someone on the ignore list, will that person be able to find out??:lol: My guess is not, it is confidential.
There was an experienced boater calls himdelf xxxxx 6x, under his handle he puts No.6x on Ignore List, i am sure he is being humorous, but what if the person knows he is No. xx on someone's list??? :w00t::w00t::w00t:
hahahaha.....
I have yet to put anyone on the list, I try to avoid responding to someone whom I feel might have potential issues with my style of posts here.
I am sure I am on someone's Ignore List, but that's fine.
With more than 4000 posts, I got on people's nerve may be three or four times. I try to avoid confrontations here since for me personally this is a place to relax and enjoy.

Luck as a Constant
02-07-2015, 05:19 PM
I don't have anyone on mine,
Everyone has bad internet days.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray schrauwen
02-07-2015, 06:13 PM
None but, I might be on some ignore list, lol... can't says I blame them either :w00t:

Fluid
02-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Did Ray say anything important in the post above?

:wink: j/k Ray

Doug Smock
02-07-2015, 06:27 PM
I don't know, he's on my ignore list too. LOL J/K

Doby
02-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Everyone is on my ignore list...............

JMSCARD
02-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Everyone is on my ignore list...............

Doby the misses would say she's on my ignore list :) I'm talking OSE here!

JMSCARD
02-07-2015, 07:02 PM
I hear ya there but, even in your worst days your still not intolerable :hug1:

I don't have anyone on mine,
Everyone has bad internet days.....

tlandauer
02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
I tell my ex that when I am mixing two-part epoxy, everyone is on my Ignore List. She has therefore concluded that I am mixing epoxy CONSTANTLY 24/7
:w00t::w00t::lol::lol::thumbup1::thumbup1:

(it's true to some extend: too many times I poured either part A or Part B twice, well, you can imagine my dismay after realizing that....)

T.S.Davis
02-07-2015, 08:42 PM
None but, I might be on some ignore list, lol... can't says I blame them either :w00t:

I ignore Ray without the list. I'm positive he knows I'm teasing him.

I have well over 10000 posts globally. I've placed 4 people on my ignore lists ever. That's on a half dozen different forums.

One passed away. 2 accused me of corruption. The last truly believes he is God's gift to FE. His posts are always about him first and......well nothing else now that I think about it.

They all know they are my ignore list. Don't care. Because I'm ignoring them most of the time.

Doby
02-07-2015, 09:05 PM
I ignore Ray without the list. .

Ray who????????

Make-a-Wake
02-07-2015, 09:14 PM
I have none on my list..........

Would this list be more politically correct......... "ignore" is kinda harsh........
:laugh:

Spartanator
03-02-2015, 01:18 PM
I've had up to 2 but one made its way out... Not sure how many are currently being ignored.... Lol

Diegoboy
03-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Doby stays in "Invisible mode".
My ignore list is empty, and will stay that way.

T.S.Davis
03-02-2015, 03:04 PM
Would it be more fun to speculate how many ignore lists you've managed to get on?

Doby
03-02-2015, 03:47 PM
:spy::spy::spy:..............................

JimClark
03-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Black Helicopters coming your way Doby

Zero on my ingored list

Doby
03-02-2015, 04:42 PM
They have to find me first.

tlandauer
03-02-2015, 06:00 PM

They have to find me first.

That is no small accomplishment. Judging how few words Doby has to waste and yet deliver his usual deadly blow, I agree he is all stealth!!!
:bowdown:
:beerchug:

Doby
03-02-2015, 06:53 PM
That is no small accomplishment. [B][U]Judging how few words Doby has to waste and yet deliver his usual deadly blow:

That's because I only know a few words....

tlandauer
03-02-2015, 07:41 PM
That's because I only know a few words....

He who has precision needs only a few war heads! :banana::banana::laugh::laugh:

Spartanator
03-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Would it be more fun to speculate how many ignore lists you've managed to get on?

Probably more than a few! Lol

Fluid
03-03-2015, 07:57 AM
My ignore list is empty, and will stay that way.Doh, how could you possibly moderate the forums when all the trouble makers are on your ignore list? :wink:

Luck as a Constant
03-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Doh, how could you possibly moderate the forums when all the trouble makers are on your ignore list? :wink:

^ he's rite you know

tlandauer
03-03-2015, 11:29 AM
Doh, how could you possibly moderate the forums when all the trouble makers are on your ignore list? :wink:

No wonder the moderators are cranky.:wink:

Luck as a Constant
03-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Without troublemakers there would be no one to moderate.
We give them a job to do haha

Jk

drwayne
03-14-2015, 10:20 AM
I have a large web presence of both rc and formal work .. often those lines blur ..
There's just one name, on just one ignore list , and he plagues this place infrequently..
After declaring something I posted was infinitesimally incorrect, he dedicated weeks to 5+ daily posts bickering about semantics for this yet to be defined error ... ( of his judgement ? )
I grew weary of swatting gnats, so blocked his irritating ass .
Adieu and good riddance...
:lol:

JMSCARD
04-14-2015, 10:43 PM
I have a large web presence of both rc and formal work .. often those lines blur ..
There's just one name, on just one ignore list , and he plagues this place infrequently..
After declaring something I posted was infinitesimally incorrect, he dedicated weeks to 5+ daily posts bickering about semantics for this yet to be defined error ... ( of his judgement ? )

Lol, I think I know of whom your talking about, his name started with a X if we're talking about the same user... lol, funny because when I went back and looked at my list... I must have put him on awhile ago too, he was my only one! Haha.

drwayne
04-15-2015, 12:07 AM
Lol, I think I know of whom your talking about, his name started with a X if we're talking about the same user... lol, funny because when I went back and looked at my list... I must have put him on awhile ago too, he was my only one! Haha.

err.. xf* ?.. he didnt reach the same level of frenetic determination to prove himself a troll ... as k* LOL.
All good now, the ether has cleared .
ergo .. if you dont have the 'correct' answer, dont say my detail is wrong.. sheeshhhh .

kevinpratt823
04-18-2015, 10:07 AM
err.. xf* ?.. he didnt reach the same level of frenetic determination to prove himself a troll ... as k* LOL.
All good now, the ether has cleared .
ergo .. if you dont have the 'correct' answer, dont say my detail is wrong.. sheeshhhh .
OK Doc, you asked for it.......for the record,
I walked away from that thread, and have not been back on it since, so lets review the facts; you spouted misinformation, and I did give you the "correct answer" right out of the gate, your ego was just too big to acknowledge that you were mistaken. You stated an example of a 6' power cord carrying 22.7 amps @220v to a hypothetical toaster, and you stated that if you put "that same 22.7 amps" through that cord at 25V DC it would heat up and melt. This went against everything I thought I knew from studying and working with electricity for over 20 yrs, but because of your background I asked for your logic behind the statement hoping to learn something new. You proceeded to give hints to irrelevant electrical phenomenon ("Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"), which basically showed you had no sound logic behind the statement, it was pure MISINFORMATION, on a thread that is there to inform people. Despite all the facts, documented sources, personal experience, identical online discussion, and AMPACITY CHARTS I linked, coupled with the fact that you actually had to ask me what the term "ampacity" meant, which was the basis of the entire discussion, you continued to deny it yet produced no valid theory to support your false claim. I then bowed out of the debate, knowing that it was likely anybody that was following now recognized the original statement(Oh I'm sorry, "detail") was bogus.

Clearly I did give you the CORRECT ANSWERS, right out of the gate, including (but not limited to) the fact that-
*DC amps and household RMS AC amps produce the same amount of heat
*The ampacity of a wire has nothing to do with the voltage type or magnitude of voltage (save for extreme cases far outside of this discussion)
*The only relevance in this case of the length of wire was voltage drop

And because you still can't accept it, I just made this little video for you, of a 7', 14gauge appliance cord rated at 18 amps/300v AC, carrying 23 amps @23-24v DC for over a half an hour and barely getting warm, proving beyond any reasonable doubt IMO, that you were full of it.
You blocked me because I am the one person here who threatened your ego and credibility in the world of electrical theory and it's practical application. Now Doc, I guess you can't even see this right now from way up there on your pedestal, but maybe somebody will be kind enough to forward it to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhmF4tQJhF4

Luck as a Constant
04-18-2015, 10:42 AM
I walked away from that thread, and have not been back on it since, so lets review the facts; you spouted misinformation, and I did give you the "correct answer" right out of the gate, your ego was just too big to acknowledge that you were mistaken. You stated an example of a 6' power cord carrying 22.7 amps @220v to a hypothetical toaster, and you stated that if you put "that same 22.7 amps" through that cord at 25V DC it would heat up and melt. This went against everything I thought I knew from studying and working with electricity for over 20 yrs, but because of your background I asked for your logic behind the statement hoping to learn something new. You proceeded to give hints to irrelevant electrical phenomenon ("Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"), which basically showed you had no sound logic behind the statement, it was pure MISINFORMATION, on a thread that is there to inform people. Despite all the facts, documented sources, personal experience, identical online discussion, and AMPACITY CHARTS I linked, coupled with the fact that you actually had to ask me what the term "ampacity" meant, which was the basis of the entire discussion, you continued to deny it yet produced no valid theory to support your false claim. I then bowed out of the debate, knowing that it was likely anybody that was following now recognized the original statement(Oh I'm sorry, "detail") was bogus.

Clearly I did give you the CORRECT ANSWERS, right out of the gate, including (but not limited to) the fact that-
*The ampacity of a wire has nothing to do with the voltage type or magnitude of voltage (save for extreme cases far outside of this discussion)

And because you still can't accept it, I just made this little video for you, of a 7', 14gauge appliance cord rated at 18 amps/300v AC, carrying 23 amps @23-24v DC for over a half an hour and barely getting warm, proving beyond any reasonable doubt IMO, that you were full of it.
You blocked me because I am the one person here who threatened your ego and credibility in the world of electrical theory and it's practical application. Now Doc, I guess you can't even see this right now from way up there on your pedestal, but maybe somebody will be kind enough to forward it to you.

^ this.

Luck as a Constant
04-18-2015, 10:46 AM

You know what's irritating?
Humongous egos. Like yours bro.
You're so enamoured by your own magnificence and intelligence.
Ever consider you're wrong?

Getoveryourself

Brushless55
03-19-2016, 01:40 PM

Dude, that charger rocks !
great video by the way

ray schrauwen
03-20-2016, 02:46 PM
And so it is what it is. Cool video. Now tell us your trick? Lol, just kidding Kevin.

Stillwet
08-21-2018, 12:30 AM
i just read this thread. Ignore List? ya'll meant snore list. HA!
tlandauer said it best "I try to avoid confrontations here since for me personally this is a place to relax and enjoy."
most of you that posted here i've learned a lot over the years and still find new things to try, i know when someone is ignoring or annoying me.
cause of most of ya's i do not think i'll never stop building boats, I can't wait to do a Cocktail Racer stumbled on those looking for scale boat parts, somethn' new to me.

T.S.Davis
08-21-2018, 06:19 AM
This made me check again. I have 5 on there. 4 haven't posted in years.

You don't have to read posts from guys that are perpetually argumentative or annoying. Me too. By all meams put me in yer ignore list if im super annoying. Enjoy this site on your own terms.

Works for Bookface too. Only two for me on there.

tlandauer
08-21-2018, 10:26 AM
This forum in comparison with the RCGroup Forum is smaller and friendlier. It's also a dedicated forum. I have put quite a few people onn my list over there not because of arguments but from other people's complaints that those people are not reliable sellers or buyers. Sometimes I buy items there and l don't want a potential deal go sour.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

gearhd48
08-21-2018, 05:41 PM
I have been blessed by having you boatheads around and have never had a problem! You are a great bunch of nuts that have been willing to share your thoughts and advice with almost anyone! You have made this hobby and passion very enjoyable for those learning! As in real life there are those who just don't get it! I thank you all! But I also think everyone who knows Ray should still keep him on that list ! LOL JK