PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Michigan Cup June 26,27,28

Pages : [1] 2 3

T.S.Davis
01-31-2015, 11:22 AM
MMEU Racing is pleased to announce that there will indeed be a Michigan Cup this summer.

There will be more information to follow but we wanted to let guys start planning (this means you John :moon::tt2:)

The race will be held at the Elks Lodge again.

Open water Thursday June 25th.

This will not be a "shootout" style race like we did years ago.

Class list has already been reviewed and approved by the core council. 3 rounds of each. With the exception of 1/8 scale.

Friday
Sv27
P lim offshore
P lim hydro
OPC
1/8 scale
P & Q cat
Kids mono

Saturday
P lim cat
P lim Sport
P Mono
P offshore
1/8 scale
Q Sport
Kids mono

Sunday
P hydro
P Sport
Q hydro (replaced by T sprint cat/mono)
Q Offshore
P lim mono
1/10scale
Kids mono

Q and P Cat will run together and be scored separately. We'll certainly pull them apart if we get the numbers.
1/10th Vintage and Modern same thing.

There was a request for a kids class like we've done in previous years but we don't seem to have the numbers for it.

If leading up to the closing hours of registration we find a class is unsupported entirely we will add something in it's place.

Doby
01-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Finally !!!!:laugh::hug1:

photohoward1
01-31-2015, 12:31 PM
Can we start Bitchin yet? Core Council. Is that like the Klingon High Council? :)

Doby
01-31-2015, 12:53 PM
On Sat it says "P lim Sport"......bicycle? submarine? cactus?

On Sun it says "P Sport"........tricycle? buggy? lawn-chair?

Doby
01-31-2015, 01:00 PM

ray schrauwen
01-31-2015, 06:11 PM
Can we start Bitchin yet? Core Council. Is that like the Klingon High Council? :)

, po' rap

madmikepags
01-31-2015, 07:09 PM
i like p sport lawn chair myself!!!!
and P-lim sport cactus should be in the Az race!!!

T.S.Davis
01-31-2015, 08:01 PM
If you don't know that P limited sport is hydro you're not allowed to come. There isn't a sport mono/cat/crackerbox/scale/OPC in either rule book.

The core council is elected by the MMEU members and is expected to represent the club and be primary organizers of club events. In other words.........club slaves.

tjcast
02-01-2015, 10:26 AM

Someone has to make the decisions on classes and if we leave it to you Yahoos, we'd have 85 classes :doh: with only 1 or 2 boats :confused1: just to appease someone :frusty:! And if we are considered the Klingon High Council then so be it AND I want to be the one on the left!! LOL

Doby
02-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Not Bitching...just asking...any chance for an open class or two.....big-assed monos and cats perhaps?

If not, no big deal...

tjcast
02-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Classes are not set in stone. Will bring it up at our NEXT MEETING!! (nudge, nudge) which should be very SOON ( nudge, nudge)

Todd Fleury
02-01-2015, 12:13 PM
Well, won't be able to make this race.

photohoward1
02-01-2015, 01:24 PM
oops!

photohoward1
02-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Not Bitching...just asking...any chance for an open class or two.....big-assed monos and cats perhaps?

If not, no big deal...

Pleaase..Please?

chris
02-01-2015, 03:45 PM
T cat and T mono ----Please # 2

ray schrauwen
02-01-2015, 06:14 PM
Howard, Chris & Doby make 3

T.S.Davis
02-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Haines would make 4. We'll talk about it. I doubt seriously that we can field a heat of Q hydro. What if we just have maybe a fatty sprint class. Cats or mono up to T for 6 laps. We did that in 2008. Worked out.

madmikepags
02-03-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm in to for BIg cat/mono class or even both!!!! we can drop Q hydro. pretty much be me and haines anyway.

photohoward1
02-03-2015, 04:32 PM
T Mono and CAT! Please.

Doby
02-03-2015, 08:40 PM

Doby
02-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Just spoke to my buddy Daniel about this race...looks like he is good to go as well.

madmikepags
02-12-2015, 08:42 PM
if you decide to run big cat and mono please put them on sunday? Will camping be allowed at the site???

TRUCKPULL
02-18-2015, 04:29 PM
What - No N2 Classes????

I will be there anyway

Larry

T.S.Davis
02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
What - No N2 Classes????

I think there are 6 N2 boats in our district. Of those, 5 of them are in my basement. haha

madmikepags
02-18-2015, 04:54 PM
lol!!!! I have a N2 tugboat????

madmikepags
02-18-2015, 04:55 PM
BTW N2 boats are too small for us old blind idiots to see???

T.S.Davis
02-18-2015, 05:02 PM
Oh, forgot to tell you guys. Q hydro is being swapped out for T sprint. Cats and monos.

T being 6s plus.

ray schrauwen
02-18-2015, 05:51 PM
They have glasses for that :cool:

BTW N2 boats are too small for us old blind idiots to see???

ray schrauwen
02-18-2015, 05:53 PM
I love my GF. She actually mentioned MI before I did this year!! Woo Hoo! Hopefully we have the funds to do it... we'll figure it out.

Larry, I'll try to keep up with you in N2 Sport Hydro but, that's all I got for the N classes. I better get gluing!!

Larry, you get a C-PAP machine yet??

BTW, you don't need to run every class from N to P Larry, there is a thing called relaxing in between heats... for some that is...

TRUCKPULL
02-18-2015, 09:04 PM
N2 Sport
N2 Mono
N2 Offshore
These are some of my best boats
If you run N2 Hydro - I would my N2 sport in the class

Mike I wear bi-focals , they work great

Larry

T.S.Davis
02-18-2015, 09:10 PM
there is a thing called relaxing in between heats... For some that is...

What!!! :noidea::noidea:

NNevaaAAAA!!!

TRUCKPULL
02-19-2015, 11:25 PM
there is a thing called relaxing in between heats... for some that is...

If you got time to relax - you need another boat:laugh:

Larry

rayzerdesigns
02-25-2015, 09:44 PM
well looks like I will be making this event...someone might have to hold my hand..lol

tjcast
02-25-2015, 11:27 PM
Great to hear that Ray

madmikepags
02-26-2015, 02:28 AM
The cup will be a rocking race again this year!!! To me this is the premier FE event of the year!!!

Ken Haines
02-26-2015, 10:42 AM
BTW, you don't need to run every class from N to T, there is a thing called relaxing in between heats... for some that is...

Ok.....someone please explain to me how to not enter every class that I have a boat to race.
Apparently I have no concept of this relaxing thing that you speak about..........hmmm :help:

Terry,
(1) I like the Q Hydro swap for T sprint idea....a much more fun class.
(2) Still hoping for some Kids classes for my step-son, I understand you need more entries.
(3) I will run any N2 class if that helps .....although it does not really matter to me
(4) I am assuming that you will bring the pads of butter ?

Getting excited for the fun again.....I really have enjoyed the past 2 years at your race.
Ken :bounce:

ray schrauwen
02-26-2015, 12:26 PM
Only thing I'm peaved about last year was missing the draw for one of those build/setup boards you donated to the draw. Home depot sourced a simple square piece of Corian for me for a mere $240.00 Pfffft! Forget about it... lol... If we were all as organized as you Ken, running a gazillion classes would be easy right? :bounce:

Ken Haines
02-26-2015, 12:54 PM
Hi Ray,
I will see what I can do for another setup board....no promises, but I will try :bounce:

ray schrauwen
02-26-2015, 01:04 PM
Muchos Gracias Ken, thank you!

Doby
02-26-2015, 01:48 PM
Only thing I'm peaved about last year was missing the draw for one of those build/setup boards you donated to the draw.

You lie...you were peeved at everything and everyone last year..Terry- to loud, Bob- to tall, Tom -to quiet, Pags -to many kids, Daniel -to much beard, Chris-couldn't understand him, water - to wet, clouds -blocked the sun, to sunny -need more clouds, Ken-to many classes, grass -to tall, Elks-to accommodating.....

Me well I'm perfect so you couldn't complain....

chris
02-26-2015, 02:27 PM
You forgot ---128496police wannabe

Doby
02-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Are you referring to Ray or Tom in the background?

T.S.Davis
02-26-2015, 04:37 PM
Haha. That pic was minutes before that boat burst into flames in a blaze of glory.

I can't promise you guys great racing but I can promise you'll go home thinking you had more fun that should allowed by law.

I'll start working on Brian to bring back the fireworks. How cool was that!

madmikepags
02-26-2015, 05:18 PM
yes fireworks were sick!!!!!

T.S.Davis
02-26-2015, 06:18 PM
It was a cost thing this passed year. Maybe a fund raiser? IDK.
As cool as that place is its still no cash cow.

Doby
02-26-2015, 07:14 PM
When do the sign-ups start?

madmikepags
02-26-2015, 07:20 PM
I signed up allready

madmikepags
02-26-2015, 07:49 PM
p sport lounge chair
and p limited sport stapler

Doby
02-26-2015, 07:53 PM
p sport lounge chair
and p limited sport stapler

I hope they add those classes...

T.S.Davis
02-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Well that explains a lot. That display we had a couple years ago was 3k. Yikes.

T.S.Davis
02-26-2015, 08:16 PM
John, are you guys staying on site? I could totally see us adding those classes. The heats will start on the party deck at 9:30 pm. I can not promise I'll be able to hold my lane by the third heat.

Doby
02-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Daniel and I will be getting rooms at a hotel this year...its only 3 nights as opposed to a full week last year....but staying late for those classes sounds fun.

tjcast
02-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Friday and Saturday nites starting at 9:30 on the party deck will be:

P-Limited lounge chair

P-Limited 12oz. curls :beerchug:

and for the really gutzy

Q-Sport (last person standing) Shots - one every 2 minutes :ohmy:

Todd Fleury
02-26-2015, 10:39 PM
Those are classes I could win! Now I'm angry I can't make this!

ray schrauwen
02-26-2015, 10:56 PM
Friday and Saturday nites starting at 9:30 on the party deck will be:

Q-Sport (last person standing) Shots - one every 2 minuets :ohmy:

This I'm in for but, only if there is 40 Creek Barrel Select or 40 Creek Copper Pot on the Menu.

If I bring a bottle of 40 creek and donate it to the lodge, will this fly? I'll pay twice for my own whiskey just so's I can get what I want and let you guys taste the finest Canadian Whiskey (if not the finest in N. America) at my favorite venue.

BTW, I'm only out IF I fall out of my wheelchair!!!

T.S.Davis
02-27-2015, 09:03 AM
Q-Sport (last person standing) Shots - one every 2 minuets :ohmy:

Minuet - a slow graceful dance in 3⁄4 time characterized by forward balancing, bowing, and toe pointing?

Um.......what?......just.......um......no. Plus I haven't had to race hung over in many many years now.

Ray, I don't think your chair is Michigan Cup legal. I'll have to check the rule book on that. We could maybe make a special provision and put it on the flier.................for some small fee.

I still say we need to have a target contest where we roll Ray from the top of the hill and launch him off the ramp to the drivers stand. First guy to hit the start buoy (with Ray:buttrock:) is crowned inter galactic champion of the underverse. "You keep what you kill" Riddick reference for the true super nerds.

No worries Ray. We'll pour you and your chair full of poly foam before the launching begins. :Sinking:

Ken Haines
02-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Minuet - a slow graceful dance in 3⁄4 time characterized by forward balancing, bowing, and toe pointing?

Um.......what?......just.......um......no. Plus I haven't had to race hung over in many many years now.

Ray, I don't think your chair is Michigan Cup legal. I'll have to check the rule book on that. We could maybe make a special provision and put it on the flier.................for some small fee.

I still say we need to have a target contest where we roll Ray from the top of the hill and launch him off the ramp to the drivers stand. First guy to hit the start buoy (with Ray:buttrock:) is crowned inter galactic champion of the underverse. "You keep what you kill" Riddick reference for the true super nerds.

No worries Ray. We'll pour you and your chair full of poly foam before the launching begins. :Sinking:

Wow Terry,
Your mind sort of runs all over the place, like Mork from Ork.
How do you turn it off to get any sleep.....hmmm
I guess that is reason for drinking
:bounce:

T.S.Davis
02-27-2015, 10:38 AM
It does run all over but it's more like pancake syrup.

Don't try to get into my head Ken. There's barely room for me in there.

I can sleep when I'm dead.

madmikepags
02-27-2015, 10:40 AM
I will make a BIG contribution to the fireworks display!!!! call me terry and we will talk!!!! BTW I have some really really BIG composite rocket engines (yes I've done about every hobby there is) can I use those for a RATO (rocket assisted take off) on Ray's chair??? I will start training now for the 9:30 "races" and if Regina is involved in those you are ALL in trouble!!!!

T.S.Davis
02-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Reg is coming? I was afraid I had rubbed her wrong. It was probably you though. haha I'll try to ring you on my commute.....s. Ton of miles to do today.

Your supposed to hit the start buoy with Ray. Not land him in the neighbors drive across the lake.

Ditmer from the Elks suggested we make potato guns and launch our own fireworks. I told him that you lunatics would probably over do that and start launching bowling balls out on the big lake across Army road.

In case any of you reading this are confused. It's not a perpetual party. There really is some killer competition that happens during the day. If you've only considered the prospect of going to a race, this is the one to get to. Great people, great competition, and great laughs. Many at my expense. I'm totally cool with that BTW.

madmikepags
02-27-2015, 11:21 AM
This is the premiere FE boat race of the year in my opinion, the race site is the best, the Elks are the bomb, the competition is always fierce and the people are my favorite people i've met in a 25+ year RC racing career. I will make this race every year as long as they hold it. Oh and BTW I am gunning for that cup this year, I have a loaded team!!!! and yes we will be "loaded". OH and another question, does REgina have to be a NAMBA member to take part in the 9;30 pm festivities!!!!

tjcast
02-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Speling was nver my srtong suite!! :doh:

We can always have the - Walk the Beach after having too many "adult beverages" Class:doh:, sponsored by Terry Davis :Shame_on_You:

Doby
02-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Any chance of a figure "8" offshore course this year??

Ken Haines
02-27-2015, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know of any vacation / short term rental properties near the lake or vacinty.
The Pags and I are thinking this might be a better solution than a hotel. We are open
to any suggestions or realtor contacts.
Thanks,
Ken :bounce:

madmikepags
02-27-2015, 01:12 PM
I've been thinking about a "20" man race for years (we used to do this at the end of some big car events) 20 guys (or how ever many want to run) and race for lets say 10 laps, anything goes rigger, cat, mono sport hydro, but maybe keep it to P power or under. If we advertise this you might want to bring an older boat that u don't really use and don't care if it gets banged around, and we get a bunch of guys this could be a blast???? last race of the event sunday afternoon what do some guys think???

rayzerdesigns
02-27-2015, 02:58 PM
that could be fun

madmikepags
02-27-2015, 03:15 PM
keep in mind that there's a good chance that your boat might get wrecked so don't plan to run anything you are fond of!!!! maybe a lemans style start??? no racing rules apply except for cut buoys.

Doby
02-27-2015, 04:16 PM
I'm in.....

photohoward1
02-27-2015, 07:21 PM
House Rental next to the lodge would be cool. Could drink and walk home.

ray schrauwen
02-27-2015, 08:04 PM
A cottage would be cool, doubt there is an accessible one close by. There was this one house I saw on the way from the highway to the lodge that has a very elaborate aluminum ramp system to enter a house. Maybe we'll stop there on the way and inquire... still too far though...
Get enough in me and I'll be a play toy for you guys, no need for 2 part foam, pool noodles and tie wraps will do.

T.S.Davis
02-27-2015, 08:21 PM
We could just tie a rope to Ray and make sure we drag him back to shore before he downs. Can you imagine the accident report? The agent asking "what's a jato rocket?"

I'll see if I can dig anything up. Brian might know somebody who knows somebody.

madmikepags
02-28-2015, 09:44 AM
if we're really are gonna launch him, we should get a shovel and an alibi!!!!

T.S.Davis
02-28-2015, 10:13 AM
Instead flotation we add weight.........

We're having way to much fun at Rays expense. Sorry Ray. Hope you know we're just goof'n.

Would you be willing to hold a hook on the retrieve? Maybe thrash about a bit? Apparently the Pike are out of control in this lake now. They're talking about some sort of harvest plan.

ray schrauwen
02-28-2015, 10:31 AM
I LOVE IT GUYS, oops cap locks... Pike are scary but, if it were muskies, might as well be sharks or pirrahna.... No, don't start breeding them in your house now either....:glare:

You know a big enough Muskie will go for small dear drinking by waterside, so I've heard.

T.S.Davis
02-28-2015, 11:43 AM
I'm surprised a pike didn't snag that baby deer we had swim across turns 1 and 2.
I got stabbed by a catfish when we were in the water battling weeds.

ray schrauwen
02-28-2015, 12:39 PM
So, that's where the fish comes from for the fish fries.

T.S.Davis
02-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Hey guys, I switched P hydro with P mono.

I had P mono and P limited mono the same day. Some could easily have swapped out a motor and ran their mono in two classes. This way they can.

rayzerdesigns
02-28-2015, 09:00 PM
now to find a hotel..whats the closest??

T.S.Davis
02-28-2015, 09:21 PM
I think the "best" option is the Royal Park Hotel in down town Rochester. Walking distance to restaurants and such.
http://www.royalparkhotel.net/

Pricey though.

I'm sure others will post where they have found Ray. Be patient.

Towns to look in are Oxford, Lake Orion, and Rochester.

Doby
03-01-2015, 01:07 AM
Lake Orion..."Red Roof Inn", used to be called the "Palace Inn", stayed there 2 years ago and its about the closest.

Just booked my room.

ray schrauwen
03-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Lake Orion..."Red Roof Inn", used to be called the "Palace Inn", stayed there 2 years ago and its about the closest.

Just booked my room.

Last year it was in transition from the Palace inn to red roof and it was the worst stay I've had in many years anywhere. They stole a special hair towel of Wendy's and a day later after asking no one to enter the room anymore, it appears back in my medical supplies with the smell of it beng clean, not the smell of Wendy's hair products.
The year before we stayed at the Red roof further south but,, it took longer to get there because of construction. That is the place I'd prefer to stay since it was cleaner, quieter and your door exited directly to our parking spot.
Even if the Palace is redone the idiots that work there might still be there and we'll never go back there. They were liers and ignorant and the room was a shoe box compared to the other one.

We are on stand by for this venue because of finances. Wendy has more bills with a new house now.

Doby
03-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Well, looking at the pictures, it would appear the transition is done, so hopefully it will be fine.....its just a place to crash for a few hours anyway.

ray schrauwen
03-01-2015, 12:20 PM
I'll check it out. Hopefully staff has changed also. Less sticky fingers wold be nice if you value your clothes.

Doby
03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
I'll check it out. Hopefully staff has changed also. Less sticky fingers wold be nice if you value your clothes.

I don't wear any.....

ray schrauwen
03-01-2015, 01:59 PM
eeewww, TMI....
Looks like it's about 23 min. to 2755 Lapeer rd. Red Roof doing twisty turny roads and 29 minutes (20 for Jay M.) down rochester rd (150) to 2580 Crooks rd. Rochester, Mi.

I just called 2755 Lapeer rd. and the room I stayed in has not changed and Mandy at front desk says staff has not changed so I wiil NOT be staying there even if it's free. They basically did a facelift of the front area and a name change. We'll drive a little extra....

I don't wear any.....

ray schrauwen
03-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Friday I'd ave two classes, lots of relaxation.... Saturday schedule is pretty knarly. The only class I don't run is 1/8th scale. That means back to back heats maybe depending on attendance and number of flights per class. I'd have to drop a class or two to keep up, no biggy...

jaike5
03-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Well its clear to me ....... it's cabin fever , you've all got it. I was trying to ignore this thread but it's pulled me in and I've come to realize I to have the dreaded Cabin fever as well :w00t: I'm in for T-cat and mono, Q-sport hydro, p-mono, p-sport hydro, p-spec hydro, p-spec cat, p-spec off shore, 1/8 scale, p-limited figure 8 with lemans start. Deb can run in the kids class if you need entries, 9:30p bob and weave with cigar and Mezcal Con Gusano! :banana:
Cheers,Jay.

ray schrauwen
03-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Definitely got cabin fever.... And a knarly cold to boot. Working on a pos scale shovel nose for the mechanic and my gp265.....

Doby
03-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Definitely got cabin fever.... And a knarly cold to boot. Working on a pos scale shovel nose for the mechanic and my gp265.....

You don't sound like you have a cold..........

T.S.Davis
03-01-2015, 06:36 PM
I'm on Augmentin. No fever what so ever. So tired of hacking though.
We'll get the sign up onto rc events soon enough. Tom was working on it the other day.

TRUCKPULL
03-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Room Booked
Now I need to sign up?? Come on Tom:laugh:

Larry

Doby
03-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Tom is slow.........

TRUCKPULL
03-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Hey guys, I switched P hydro with P mono.

I had P mono and P limited mono the same day. Some could easily have swapped out a motor and ran their mono in two classes. This way they can.

Terry

Now you have got "P" Mono and "P" Offshore both on Sat.

Larry

tjcast
03-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Ta,Da !! Michigan Cup Sign Ups are ready on

rcracingevents.com

Do not mail payments in!

Because the event will be over multiple days, each day is listed as a single event because of the limitations of RC Racing Events :doh:. You are only going to be charged the registration fee once and since 8th scale will be run on 2 consecutive days please sign up on both days so we can get the heat sheets right and again you will only be charged for one entry :frusty:.

tjcast
03-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Terry

Now you have got "P" Mono and "P" Offshore both on Sat.

Larry

True but the objective was if you wanted to run the same boat in P-limited Mono and P-Mono you wouldn't have to change motors multiple times on the same day to run in both classes. We will try to space P-Offshore and P-Mono far enough apart so I you are running the same boat in those classes you should have time to get it ready, as long as you are not running the same batteries in both classes.

Doby
03-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Signed up!

TRUCKPULL
03-02-2015, 12:04 PM
True but the objective was if you wanted to run the same boat in P-limited Mono and P-Mono you wouldn't have to change motors multiple times on the same day to run in both classes. We will try to space P-Offshore and P-Mono far enough apart so I you are running the same boat in those classes you should have time to get it ready, as long as you are not running the same batteries in both classes.

To run P Offshore and P mono with the same hull you need a motor change also.

Larry

T.S.Davis
03-02-2015, 02:25 PM
To run P Offshore and P mono with the same hull you need a motor change also.

Larry

No ya don't. I run the same motor. However, I'll have to pick one because I just can't run everything. It's the nature of the beast. Either own 5600 boats and a pallet of batteries or pick classes based on what you can handle.

We felt there was more likelihood that guys would want to run their monos in P and P limited on different days than would need a motor swap from P mono to offshore.

ray schrauwen
03-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Last year I just changed props. First time I've run p offshore.

madmikepags
03-02-2015, 03:31 PM
The only things with running p mono and offshore the same day is heat in the motor and if you only have 1 or 2 sets of batteries. Been running p mono and offshore with the same boat just swiching props. I will not be running p mono this year.

ray schrauwen
03-02-2015, 08:00 PM
I guess P is big in MI. :tape:

Ken Haines
03-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Ray, here is a simple trick.
After your heat, pump fresh cold water through the cooling system.
Can use a small electric pump pulling water from your beverage cooler
or even as simple as taking a mouth full of water from your ice cold
water bottle and just blowing it through the line off of your rudder.
This may sound silly but it is amazing how fast your motor and esc will cool.
Knowing also that these classes will not be back to back there will be plenty
of time for 100% cool down easily ready for all heats in both classes.
Ok.....now for all the jokes about this reply.....

ray schrauwen
03-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Yep, had o do that on my GEICO after 4 min runs. Its actually not setup just right yet. All my other boats come out Luke warm and could go right back in. Its my battery tally that is low so, I'll build up some stock if possible.

Oh, except my q sport, that thing is nuclear.... Need more pond time and the shaft I bought from Dasbota.

TRUCKPULL
03-03-2015, 10:08 AM
OK Guy's and Dolls
Here is my new plan for "P" offshore
But I need help

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?50792-Twin-drive-Mean-Machine-CAT

Larry

madmikepags
03-03-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't recommend a twin for an offshore racer, just my opinion.

TRUCKPULL
03-03-2015, 11:06 AM
I don't recommend a twin for an offshore racer, just my opinion.

Why - would it be too fast for you??

Larry

D. Newland
03-03-2015, 11:09 AM
...or even as simple as taking a mouth full of water from your ice cold
water bottle and just blowing it through the line off of your rudder.
..Ok.....now for all the jokes about this reply.....

I'll start. Is this why you spend so much time on your knees at a race event? I always thought you were tuning boats and you just didn't have the counter top square footage to have your entire fleet at an adequate working height.

Ken Haines
03-03-2015, 12:44 PM
I'll start. Is this why you spend so much time on your knees at a race event? I always thought you were tuning boats and you just didn't have the counter top square footage to have your entire fleet at an adequate working height.

Ok, Ok.....you got me.....
My Name is Ken Haines
and I am a boat blower.

I think that is what I am supposed to say at the meetings.

T.S.Davis
03-03-2015, 01:09 PM
Sickos.

There does need to be some sort of AA type organization for us.

"Hi, my name is Ken and I have BAD". The first step to recovering from "Boat Addiction Disorder" is admitting you have a problem. It's not quite as expensive as a high quality drug addiction but there is still a risk that your wife will leave you. There is an odd odor that goes with this addiction. Sort of a burnt phenolic smell that only the trained nose can detect.

Well, at least we know how Ken acquired all those boats now. By manually water cooling lots and lots of motors.

Doby
03-03-2015, 01:18 PM
:w00t:..................

Doby
03-03-2015, 01:20 PM
By the way, there already seems to be more folks entered for the Mic Cup then for the 2015 nationals...

Just saying...

TRUCKPULL
03-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Sickos.
It's not quite as expensive as a high quality drug addiction

Are you sure about that??

Add up all of your $ stuff $ & all the stuff you sold at 1/2 price & all you have ever burnt up, broken, or droned, all travel expenses - gas, hotels ETC.

MINUS - all the fun, excitement, family time, and good times with friends.

Larry

madmikepags
03-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Hey Larry there are a few things about twins I don't like first I don't like the way they turn, especially if you have the props coming out the sponsons, they feel choppy thru the corners , then you never get even power distribution, one motor is always unloading more than the other so one battery is being used more than the other. then there is the issue of prop selection (assuming you're gonna run the props counter rotating) and then the "double" factor 2 speedos 2 motors 2 drive lines 2 of everything to go wrong!!!! Just my 2 cents.

I have had both Drug and RC addictions and trust me the RC is much much worse!!!!! I grew out of the drugs :-0

Ken the problem isn't that you blow your boat, its that you blow ALL of them and that just makes you a RC boat SLUT!!!!

T.S.Davis
03-03-2015, 02:46 PM
No I'm not sure Larry. I rarely sell anything so I get no ROI on my junk. I do give some stuff away though. Does that count against me? I did sell a hull at a swap meet once for $5. woo................hoo...

That's funny Mike. Drug addictions are for sissies! Try some multi platform RC hobby addiction. Better yet, make a large cash withdrawal from the bank, take it out in the yard and set it on fire. Same thing.

T.S.Davis
03-03-2015, 02:46 PM
By the way, there already seems to be more folks entered for the Mic Cup then for the 2015 nationals...

Just saying...

......shhhhhhhhhh

Ken Haines
03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Ken the problem isn't that you blow your boat, its that you blow ALL of them and that just makes you a RC boat SLUT!!!!

Not true.....I have not blown all of my boats.
I have certain standards.
But Terry is correct....I am a "BAD" man.

$7000 for a trailer
$2000 for a generator
$16000 for a truck to match
$5000 plus in Lipos
$20,000 for 20+ boats at an average of $1000
$1000 in props
$2000 in extra motors
$2000 in extra Esc's
$1500 in Lipo chargers

ok I must stop now as I am feeling ill.....
Mike could you help me become a drug addict !

T.S.Davis
03-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Well yeah Ken but where would you be without my entertainment at least once per year? It's a really good thing we only do it for fun. Can you imagine if winning these stupid races actually meant anything?

I don't dare add it up. Invested correctly I could have retired on it easily.

T.S.Davis
03-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Why - would it be too fast for you??

I'm with Mike on this.

I've only seen this attempted a couple times myself. That's on a course I mean. Both times the boats tended to come out of the turn like a drift car. When they finally let off enough to dig into the turn it would be too much. Sorta like trying to race offshore with an OPC. Slow just the right amount to carry the turn. Too much it hooks. Too little it doesn't turn at all. Gotta get the sweet spot. Offshore isn't that predictable. Left, right, left, dead boat, go wide then bring it in, windy going in to the hair pin better lay off a tic, weird wave pattern at the left on the previous lap, watch for that. Trying to manage all that with a twitchy boat.......ugh. Give me a simple deep V or a stable cat for that. It probably CAN be done. I just haven't the patience.

I've only driven one twin cat. That boat was nuts going straight. Holy crap fast but turning was a slow down and gingerly point it where you want to go next kind of thing. Then hope you're pointed where you wanted to end up because an adjustment was a bad idea.

Doby
03-03-2015, 03:30 PM
......shhhhhhhhhh

Sorry...I won't ever mention again that there already seems to be more folks entered for the Mic Cup then for the 2015 nationals...

Opps....did it again...:doh::hide:

Doby
03-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Larry...Twins=twice the headaches!

madmikepags
03-03-2015, 04:33 PM
Really we goin here????? 26+ years racing rc, I've spent over 25k in receivers alone!!!! Ok what I have in the garage right now??? (BTW I have thrown away given away or sold more than I own right now) 36 boats all with motors controllers and radio gear, (not to mention the other dozen or so still in build process) I have 5 1/5th scale cars, 10 1/8 scale cars and oh lets say 2 dozen 1/10th scale cars, a dozen mini z's and 15-20 assorted 1/12-1/18 cars. a half dozen helis and lets say about 35-40 planes. All cars boats and planes have high end radio gear, speedos and motors plus $100-150 servos in each car boat plane (planes have many) wow I have almost 300 props!!! $40-50 each, add that up!!! ouch... I have 16 Hydra Ice speedos on the workbench as spares that aren't even in boats!!!!! There's 18 chargers lying around my garage and power supplies to match. Now Imagine I have at least 6 battery packs for each and every one of those cars boats planes and helis!!!!!! SHIZNIT I am in this crap deeper than you could all imagine!!!!! Oh did I mention the over 1400 HO slot cars too!!!!!

ray schrauwen
03-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Doggy doo deep I'd say. Of course its better than crack.

Doby
03-03-2015, 05:17 PM
You guys need to bring some of your extra crap along for a swap shop on Saturday night!

TRUCKPULL
03-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Twin Cat
One Motor loading more in the turns then the other?
If you use a radio with telemetry you can program the ESC'S to the steering, adjustable in %. This would also help the boat turn.

Battery load would be equal if you wire them so that both ESC's see the 4S-2P

Larry

Doby
03-03-2015, 08:05 PM
That's a lot of plumbing in a Mean Machine.

TRUCKPULL
03-03-2015, 08:51 PM
That's a lot of plumbing in a Mean Machine.

John
Not really
There is lots of room in a Mean Machine.

Larry

Doby
03-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Yup, but still a lot of plumbing in there.

It will be good to harass you in person this summer!

Shooter
03-03-2015, 09:41 PM
So does Ken blow 'slow' or 'fast' for better cooling?? :w00t: :banana: :roflol:

madmikepags
03-03-2015, 10:13 PM
Again larry just my trepidation, I've built at least a dozen twin cats small and big, never had one close to as good as a single especially for offshore.

T.S.Davis
03-04-2015, 08:50 AM
My name is terry and I am a BAD man. Just negotiated another addition to my fleet of stupidity. Fixer upper. I'll post details when I start on it.

madmikepags
03-04-2015, 12:18 PM
yes my name is Michael and I have a problem too.........2 new hulls coming from Aeromarine and in "negotiations" for a third!!! LOL and after I said I wasn't adding anything to my fleet this year!!!!

jaike5
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Hi Terry (BAD), will the TP3630 be allowed for a spec motor at the mmeu race this June ?

Cheers, Jay.

T.S.Davis
03-04-2015, 12:24 PM
No sir.

rightturnonly
03-04-2015, 12:45 PM
After reading everyone's replies I R not so crazy...it's 78 degrees here today so far..looked out at my pool and went hmm I can get some practice laps in with my Tug boat!!!

Boating is Boating!!!

Bring on the MI Cup!!!

ray schrauwen
03-04-2015, 01:28 PM
This is why I kept enough yellow motors around....

No sir.

ray schrauwen
03-04-2015, 01:30 PM
So does Ken blow 'slow' or 'fast' for better cooling?? :w00t: :banana: :roflol:

I think blowing hard is required given the small diameter of the hole. Fast or slow is at the blowers discretion....

Doby
03-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Are the Elks feeding us this year.....:bowdown:

photohoward1
03-06-2015, 04:25 PM
So I just signed up for the race. Will any other classes be added or is this the final list? I'm kind of transparent in the "P spec" universe.

ray schrauwen
03-06-2015, 07:08 PM
N2 Sport Hydro.....??

TRUCKPULL
03-07-2015, 06:46 PM
N2 Sport Hydro.....??

I agree N2 Sport :rockon2:

Larry

ray schrauwen
03-07-2015, 07:07 PM
I'd love to chat with you on the phone tonight Larry but, the battery just died from a marathon family 'discussion', lol....

Still building mine, lol...

ray schrauwen
03-07-2015, 07:08 PM
If not I guess we eat Elks !!?? Bring your Pea Shooter...

Are the Elks feeding us this year.....:bowdown:

T.S.Davis
03-07-2015, 08:39 PM
The Elks haven't actually fed us yet. That convenience has Ben the result of the MMEU members and their families. We'll work it out. At least for lunch.

No 2s classes. Sorry guys.

ray schrauwen
03-07-2015, 08:58 PM
BooooHissssssss:tongue:

photohoward1
03-08-2015, 11:18 AM
Silence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doby
03-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Crickets chirping.....:closedeyes:

bozo586
03-08-2015, 01:19 PM
guys----you really have to be bored!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tamelesstgr
03-11-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm new to FE boating and would be interested in attending this event.

Doby
03-11-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm new to FE boating and would be interested in attending this event.

Then sign up and prepare to have the most fun allowed by law. Please be prepared to watch some of the most experienced boaters around flip their boats, cut markers, jump the start line, forget how many laps they have completed and generally NOT live up to their reputations.

Also be prepared to have an abundance of knowledge to help you out with your boat set-ups and to loan you just about anything you could possible forget at home.

Not to mention the Elks club who will also bend over backwards to make you feel welcome.

Its a blast :)

jaike5
03-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Doby is absolutely correct ....... Did I just say that ???

Race on :thumbup:

Cheers, Jay.

Tamelesstgr
03-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Hmm, looks like it's about 4 hour drive from NWI Indiana.....Daytirp!

Doby
03-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Long weekend trip!

T.S.Davis
03-11-2015, 10:51 AM
and generally NOT live up to their reputations.

That's no way to talk about me....................I mean Ken. Can't be me now that I think about. My reputation precedes me.

Doby
03-11-2015, 10:59 AM
Basically refers to anyone that shows up and puts a boat in the water!

ray schrauwen
03-11-2015, 06:02 PM
Guess what!!?? I have finally acquired a decent piece of Corian to build on and for boat setup. From KW Countertops, a nice lady named Lee Anne arranged to get me a nice flat piece approx. 14" wide and 24" long, nice and flat! :banana: Only $20 compared to a $240 quote from Home depot.... Now that's mark up!

Ken, thank you very much for your offer but, it's not really necessary at this time. If you have already gone ahead with something, it could made a nice door prize again. Thank you for reaching out and trying to help me. All you guys are great! Cheers... better get building then!

Hi Ray,
I will see what I can do for another setup board....no promises, but I will try :bounce:

Tamelesstgr
03-11-2015, 09:16 PM
I used to make Corian tops, the little fabrication shops always have scrap pieces laying around. They would rather make a buck than have it sitting around piling up or throwing it away.

Doug Smock
03-11-2015, 09:50 PM
12 hours, 780 miles and I'll be driving Friday if we (me, my lovely bride, and the pooch) can pull this off.
Not racing Fri. cuts me down to LSH, P Mono, 1/8 Scale and T mono.

I need to take a look at the rules. Is 12,000 ma an issue in the T class?

How do the Elks feel about a small dog with no bad habits being on the deck with it's owner?
Any RV places near by?

tjcast
03-11-2015, 10:11 PM
I need to take a look at the rules. Is 12,000 ma an issue in the T class?

How do the Elks feel about a small dog with no bad habits being on the deck with it's owner?
Any RV places near by?

12,000 ma for T is NAMBA legal :thumbup1:.

In the past the Elks have allowed on site camping including RVs but electrical hook-up may be an issue :confused2:. The Elks usually allow us to use their facilities during the night.

Not sure as to the small dog on the deck :noidea:.

Doby
03-11-2015, 10:20 PM
I know Bob Z's wife had a little dog with her at the Nats.

Doby
03-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Are there going to be the monster generators there this year like at the Nats?

photohoward1
03-12-2015, 08:43 AM
12kmah is legal in NAMBA? is that a fact?

Todd Fleury
03-12-2015, 08:48 AM
I had our dog with us on Sunday at the Nats last year. Just bring poop bags. The one race I am going to miss, Doug Smock decides to attend? Absolutely Redonkulous.

T.S.Davis
03-12-2015, 08:57 AM
Doug, awesome. The word "relentless" comes to mind. Does anyone know what a cabana boy outfit would look like? I may be wearing one. Comes with a large quantity of barf bags I hope.

12k? How could you guys not know this? You know the rule book is available free of charge on the NAMBA website right? Page 96.

John, I'm not sure on the gennies. Had to beg and borrow those last year. We might have a couple but I wouldn't rely on that as an absolute.

T.S.Davis
03-12-2015, 09:02 AM
The one race I am going to miss

I told you I would sabotage your best friends wedding if you needed me too. Where's the bachelorette party? I'll bring my cabana boy getup. She'll swear off men forever.

Doby
03-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Smock in Michigan......we are all going to get "moderated" in person.

T.S.Davis
03-12-2015, 10:15 AM
I may delete his name from some heats just on principle.

madmikepags
03-12-2015, 11:40 AM
Hey Doug They let us keep our Rv's on the premesis last year, they have electric hookups, no place to dump though. They kept the lodge open all night for us to use the facilities.

Doby
03-12-2015, 01:36 PM
Keep in mind that their "electric hookups" are not your typical RV campground type...they are some outlets they let us use..but A/C usage and to many other things multiplied by X amount of RVs will equal tripped breakers.

madmikepags
03-12-2015, 02:15 PM
John they put in good electrical hookups just for us on the far side of the lodge, I ran my AC and all my amenities all week last year without an issue.

Doby
03-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Sweet...didn't know that..I guess they put us lowly Kanadians on the poor side of the lodge.

madmikepags
03-12-2015, 03:00 PM
yes keep the Kanadians away from the civilized people!!! LOL

madmikepags
03-12-2015, 03:02 PM
I actually think their thought was keep the smelly new yorkers far away from everyone else!!!

ray schrauwen
03-12-2015, 03:25 PM
You mean you took over about 1/4 of the lodge charging batteries. I was starting to think it was called The Pags Lodge... :sarcasm1:
John they put in good electrical hookups just for us on the far side of the lodge, I ran my AC and all my amenities all week last year without an issue.

Every time a battery was done the lights got brighter...

ray schrauwen
03-12-2015, 03:27 PM
I'm definitely going for a swim after that quirp... :sinking-guy:

madmikepags
03-12-2015, 04:04 PM
yes ray I will send u swimming, remember i still have LOTS of those M powered rocket motors!!!!!

T.S.Davis
03-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Sweet...didn't know that..I guess they put us lowly Kanadians on the poor side of the lodge.

They put all us low lifes on the hill.

ray schrauwen
03-12-2015, 08:01 PM
So, how many feet of extension cord do I need? I've got 130' so far...

I'll just push more...

On a sad note, Wendy's truck has been written off, not good... She has re-injured her nerve damage and soft tissue injuries. Toss in a bit of blurred vision, ahh, what a life she has had... Rear ended 4 times in 10 years... I'd like to swear now...

madmikepags
03-13-2015, 03:34 PM
and she's gotta deal with YOU!!!!!!

ray schrauwen
03-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Yeah..... Ain't she sweet? :olleyes:

bozo586
03-13-2015, 09:13 PM
happy birthday terry-----:spy:

T.S.Davis
04-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Dang, I thought I announced this but I must have missed it. This is what happens when I type things in my brain. Think empty steel trash can with a single lonely stone in there........now shake.

Remember at the nats when we ran the kids classes? For those that missed it, these may well have been the most fun to watch of all the classes. The kids kinda stole the show IMO. All they know is the FUN factor. It's glorious. We really try to make sure these youngsters don't lose the fun.

Some of our regulars have out grown the kids classes. My son and the Paganelli kids are just too advanced to race with the kids.

However!!!!

It appears that we will indeed still have the numbers for at least one kids class. Going to run kids mono every day for them. Can't wait.

Kids mono is just kids running P limited mono. If they run in the kids class they can't run in regular P limited mono class. Theory being that if your good enough to run against the adults you're too good to run against the youngsters.

For those of you attending that have kids who have expressed even a mild curiosity but you don't have a boat for them............send me an email. I'll hand them one from my personal fleet so they can get a chance try it. I can cover 2 kids myself. Batteries, boat, radio, what ever they need we'll make it happen. We'll charge the batteries, prep the boats, and find them pit guys. Nice easy drivers. No worries if they burn it into shore. haha Don't care.

If there's a lot of interest I'll enlist the help of some more club guys. We gots da boats and I'm kind of relentless.

Doby
04-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Terry, I have a DF 29 knockoff that's a tank. I can throw it together with some sort of P Spec power if needed. Just give me a few days notice. Won't break any speed records, but its built for survivability!

T.S.Davis
04-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Very cool John. Thank you. I have a Titan 29 and an SV that can run.

Tamelesstgr
04-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I tried opening up the sign up sheet, but nothing doing....

I'm really started to get more interested in attending this event. My uncle picked up a SuperVee 27 and my dad just picked up a Blackjack 29. I have no idea what I want, so the more boats I can see in action the better. We are upgrading my oldest son's (9) Shockwave 26 to brushless and that has been a great learning experience. My youngest (7) got a FT009 for christmas which is such a blast to drive, I find myself trying to flip it over so we can use the Self-Righting feature.

tjcast
04-01-2015, 12:17 PM
I have 1 or 2 Pursuits that can be made race ready...

Doby
04-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Maybe the kids class could be run what ya brung, 4s max???

T.S.Davis
04-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Yeah, the site is down. I've been trying to sign up for the Atlanta race too. Same problem. They're working on it though.

You wont be sorry if you come up. Despite the occasional bickering you see on the forum from time to time the FE community is full of some really great people. I just posted this an hour or so ago and already we have more guys volunteering their equipment to get kids on the pond. That's what I'm talking about. Good people. Yeah we're racing and it's competitive and all that but it's a hobby. A hobby! Hobbies are supposed to be fun. First! Always! If it stops being fun there's a bunch of us that will just quit.

Are you thinking about bringing your boys up with you? Yours' would be two kids that I didn't figure in my numbers. The more the merrier.

T.S.Davis
04-01-2015, 12:45 PM
Maybe the kids class could be run what ya brung, 4s max???

I like to keep them the same. Keep em close at least. We don't want a Thomas blowing anyone away or anything. We have the boats we need I suspect.

jaike5
04-01-2015, 03:13 PM
Hi Terry,

I have a much better chance of getting Deb to run a class than I do Iain, would she go into the kids class ?

Cheers, Jay.

Tamelesstgr
04-01-2015, 03:30 PM
I would certainly include my boys if we can make it Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Doby
04-01-2015, 03:35 PM
I would certainly include my boys if we can make it Saturday or Sunday that weekend.

Be more fun to make it a weekend road trip!

TRUCKPULL
04-01-2015, 08:40 PM

Web Site is up and running.

http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bin/browseraces.pl

Larry

Doug Smock
04-21-2015, 05:19 PM
What?? No LSG Mono??:olleyes::laugh:
The IMPBA allows NAMBA members to pay $15.00 per event and race as many events as they wish.
How does the NAMBA registration work with IMPBA members?
Never mind, I found it. Looks like I have to join since I raced in Brandon in Feb. There goes the neighborhood.:tt2:
Smock a NAMBA member?? Who will believe that?:wink:

Doby
04-21-2015, 05:46 PM
Isn't it a "one time event fee"....just pay the 15 bucks for each "event" you attend...?

Might be wrong.....

Doby
04-21-2015, 05:48 PM
When are more of the hosting clubs members going to formally "sign up"?

Doug Smock
04-21-2015, 05:54 PM
Isn't it a "one time event fee"....just pay the 15 bucks for each "event" you attend...?

Might be wrong.....
No, according to the NAMBA site I have to join since I attended the NAMBA Nitro Championship race in Brandon Fla. No biggie. Already registered online.

madmikepags
04-22-2015, 02:19 PM
yes you can only do 1 provisional entry and then you have to join, it's only $45 for the year. I'm getting very excited for this race!!!!

T.S.Davis
04-22-2015, 03:05 PM
NAMBA membership is 50 now. They haven't raised it in eons.

I haven't figured out what I can run for the Cup yet. Ty wants to do a cup team with me this year. That puts a kink in my think'n too.

Still haven't heard a lick from any of the the west coast guys. There once was interest in a return trip by some of them. Ray is coming but I was hoping we could get those guys to come defend their possession of our Cup.

OH! I'm also working on a special guest CD for this race. Not sure we can work it out. An eeelectrics guy. Someone very fast and well respected. Fingers crossed.

madmikepags
04-22-2015, 03:34 PM
If Nayman is CD'ing I'm OUT!!!!!!!! LOL I have a stacked team for the CUP!!!! just hope I remember to RUN in the classes I entered for team pts.

Doug Smock
04-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Terry,
Don Huff is going to make the trip with me. We will be hard pressed to get there in time for any open water on Thurs. If that is the case is there any chance we can get in the pond prior to the drivers meeting @ 8:45 on Fri.?

Tks.
D.

T.S.Davis
04-25-2015, 08:41 AM
Yep. I'll get you on the water. The course is what you're used to size wise so shouldn't be too bad. We ran the same props at your place that we run up here.

Does Don still want to run another boat? Needs a reciever and a radio but I have a Titan 29 I could throw at him. Easy driver. It's black with hot pink graphics. Not Dons style but it works.

Doby
04-25-2015, 09:23 AM
Terry,
Don Huff is going to make the trip with me. We will be hard pressed to get there in time for any open water on Thurs. If that is the case is there any chance we can get in the pond prior to the drivers meeting @ 8:45 on Fri.?

Tks.
D.

The water is so much different the farther north you go....I don't think you will be able to adapt.....There could still be ice on it at race day....you should stay home.

Doug Smock
04-25-2015, 09:56 AM
LOL John. Can't wait to smack you around in person.:biggrin:

Thanks Terry.
Good to know you guys ran the same props, that helps.

I think Don is going to build a boat, (hull and all :wink:) for P limited Mono. What's the most common set up for that class?
He's also going to see if he can pry the JAE out of Lamar's hands.

Tell us about P Limited Offshore.
We can spot a trailer down in the pits and leave it overnight correct?

D.

madmikepags
04-25-2015, 03:21 PM
This race is gonna be awesopme!!!!

Doug Smock
04-25-2015, 05:18 PM
No, according to the NAMBA site I have to join since I attended the NAMBA Nitro Championship race in Brandon Fla. No biggie. Already registered online.

And it took FOUR DAYS to get my card! What's up with that?!?!?!?
Again, you're on the ball Mr. Waters!:bowdown: Thank you sir!

Doug Smock
NAMBA #1169

Doby
04-25-2015, 05:44 PM
awesopme!!!!:confused2:

Friggin Amerikans makin up words again....

Doug Smock
04-28-2015, 12:44 AM
I think Don is going to build a boat, (hull and all :wink:) for P limited Mono. What's the most common set up for that class?

Tell us about P Limited Offshore.
We can spot a trailer down in the pits and leave it overnight correct?

D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNLhxKpfCnA&list=RDfNLhxKpfCnA&index=26

T.S.Davis
04-28-2015, 01:02 AM
Doug, AQ2030. Prop size varies depending on weight of the boat, how wet it runs, etc. Safe place to start is 42x55.

Course is a modified M. We use the start buoy to form a slight left in the front straight. Then there is an extra pin straight in line with the back chute. Think far to the right end of the course. We'll likely go 100' instead of the 85' regulation because we can and to keep people from hitting that pin during sprints.

T.S.Davis
04-28-2015, 08:30 AM
It's a 4 minute race with a 1 lap mill. Everyone takes off at about 25 seconds or so. Then you count the laps. We include 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 laps towards the total too.

rayzerdesigns
04-28-2015, 04:29 PM
Is it like our course in scottsdale?

tjcast
04-28-2015, 05:57 PM
The offshore course is the Offset Offshore Course shown in the NAMBA rule book, section 28, page 3.

madmikepags
04-29-2015, 09:15 AM
the AQ 1800 is a great choice too with a x445 and a lil cup!!!!

ray schrauwen
04-29-2015, 09:53 AM
That's what I like.

the AQ 1800 is a great choice too with a x445 and a lil cup!!!!

T.S.Davis
04-29-2015, 09:58 AM
The PB1800 that they quit making was very similar in performance.

T.S.Davis
04-29-2015, 10:01 AM
The offshore course is the Offset Offshore Course shown in the NAMBA rule book, section 28, page 3.

Yeah Doug. You mean you didn't read the book cover to cover before planning a trip to a NAMBA event? I read the IMPBA book cover to cover to cover before Tom and I left for..............................wait............. ......no.......I got confused........... I didn't read it at all.

Doby
04-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Sigh....having two separate organizations trying to do the same thing makes sense how:confused2::confused2::confused2:

But that's a bitching topic for another time....

Doug Smock
04-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Yeah Doug. You mean you didn't read the book cover to cover before planning a trip to a NAMBA event? I read the IMPBA book cover to cover to cover before Tom and I left for..............................wait............. ......no.......I got confused........... I didn't read it at all.
I thought Don and I could read it to each other on the way up. lol Man I haven't slowed down since the race.:help:

Doby
04-29-2015, 12:44 PM
How long of a drive is it from Atlannnnnnnta??

T.S.Davis
04-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Man I haven't slowed down since the race.:help:

You live in Geooorrrrgggggiiiiiaaaaa. Any slower and you'd be dead.

I understand. Counting your race, Tom and I were on the water 6 out of 10 days as of Sunday.

bozo586
04-29-2015, 01:31 PM
How long of a drive is it from Atlannnnnnnta??

at least 12 hrs with gas and restroom stops!:buttrock:

madmikepags
04-29-2015, 02:26 PM
and did it do you any good Terry??????? LOL

ray schrauwen
04-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Lol.... :lol:

and did it do you any good terry??????? Lol

Doug Smock
04-29-2015, 06:09 PM
at least 12 hrs with gas and restroom stops!:buttrock:

That's about right.:blink:

rightturnonly
04-29-2015, 06:31 PM
About the same from Montgomery. I told my boys I'm not doing the 20+ hour Montgomery to Charleston to Detroit trip this year. If they decide to make the trip I'm flying them north from Charleston.

Doby
04-29-2015, 07:54 PM
That's about right.:blink:

Suckers!!!!! Mine is only a 3 hour drive...but then I do have to get into a foreign country....:patriot:

madmikepags
04-29-2015, 09:32 PM
john I will make sure they do a body cavity search when u enter OUR country!!!!!

Doby
04-30-2015, 02:11 PM
john I will make sure they do a body cavity search when u enter OUR country!!!!!

Promise????

T.S.Davis
04-30-2015, 02:59 PM

And if they don't, Mike will take care of it for you Friday night.

Define good Mike? I had 6 chances to do my second favorite thing to do with my spare time with a bunch of good people. First being knitting of course.

Sunday we had families, and wives, and spectators cheering. It was like a Cup race but just for a day. We were all home by dinner. This summer is going to be epic for MMEU.

Doby
04-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Still waiting for more bozos to sign up for the cup.....still better than this years Nats...someone could be a Nats Champ just by by showing up!

T.S.Davis
04-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Guess I should start thinking about Cup classes. What classes are they running?:blink:

madmikepags
04-30-2015, 04:51 PM
anyone will be a nat champ if they showed up!!!! The Mi Cup is the "real" nats!!!!

Doug Smock
04-30-2015, 05:11 PM

Mike I'll help you with that. Just ordered some of these. :laugh:

http://horse.bigdweb.com/tack/Shoulder-Length-Exam-Gloves

madmikepags
04-30-2015, 05:22 PM
I own a pharmacy!!!!! LOL
Hey just a suggestion, if we just run the 1/8 scale on Fri and run scale the 1st heat of the day on fri, and then run it at the end of the heats the rest of the day we can get 4 rounds of scale in, in one day without really sacrificing any time, then we can put an "open Hydro" class in on sat??????!!!!!!!
I know I'm a friggin pain in the ass but if I weren't would u guys like me as much????

Doby
04-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Mike I'll help you with that. Just ordered some of these. :laugh:

http://horse.bigdweb.com/tack/Shoulder-Length-Exam-Gloves

Well, this race just got way more appealing!!!!

T.S.Davis
04-30-2015, 10:36 PM
I know I'm a friggin pain in the ass but if I weren't would u guys like me as much????

More.

T.S.Davis
05-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Sigh....having two separate organizations trying to do the same thing makes sense how:

I think about this from time to time. We all run what's available to us locally. IMPBA or NAMBA. The only time there's controversy is when some one says either is more better, faster, tolerant............."more progressive" was the one I always liked. The interesting thing is that you never heard that from anyone that was actually doing the work for those organizations. It was always someone who didn't like a particular rule that one or the other had or had not addressed.

This is what I've found......................we're ALL model boaters. The notion that either organization is light years ahead of the curve, smarter, extra more gooder is ridiculous IMO. We're just a bunch of crazy obsessive grown men with expendable cash to blow on toys. Racing our toys gives us an excuse to get together.

......where is that point I was heading towards?..............oh, yeah.....

So........when Tom and I were on our way back from Georgia I had an idea. What if we could convince Chris Harris to come be our guest CD? We pit all weekend right next to him. We each had different horror stories. Some of his stories included some of the same exact guys from my stories. I found that oddly amusing. Anyway. Best I could tell he's a straight shooter. Been racing longer than me. Plus it gives us a chance to reach across the gap between NAMBA and IMPBA and show that we're all just model boaters.

The more we talked about it the more we liked the idea. I had it all worked out in my head before we left Kentucky. Just had to sell the idea to Chris. For the record, I did not text his wife like I did to Doug. Sorry Doug. Well it wouldn't work my way but..........we did find a way.

I'm pleased to announce that our special guest Director of on water activity will be one Chris Harris.

Doug Smock
05-01-2015, 02:31 PM
I think about this from time to time. We all run what's available to us locally. IMPBA or NAMBA. The only time there's controversy is when some one says either is more better, faster, tolerant............."more progressive" was the one I always liked. The interesting thing is that you never heard that from anyone that was actually doing the work for those organizations. It was always someone who didn't like a particular rule that one or the other had or had not addressed.

This is what I've found......................we're ALL model boaters. The notion that either organization is light years ahead of the curve, smarter, extra more gooder is ridiculous IMO. We're just a bunch of crazy obsessive grown men with expendable cash to blow on toys. Racing our toys gives us an excuse to get together.

Spot on Terry.:thumbup1:

I'm really glad you got things ironed out with Chris!:thumbup:

madmikepags
05-02-2015, 01:24 AM
good stuff terry, cant wait for this race!!!!

ray schrauwen
05-13-2015, 01:01 PM
Room is booked, whew! Lucky. Now I have to sign up.... getting there!

Ken Haines
05-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Room is booked, whew! Lucky. Now I have to sign up.... getting there!

Glad to hear Ray.....

On That Topic.......The rest of you need to sign up too.
The MMEU Club in fairness needs to know how many are really attending.
So go to rcracingevents.com and sign up as soon as possible !!!
That goes for you too Mr. Smock.

Doug Smock
05-13-2015, 04:43 PM
Glad to hear Ray.....

I'm entered man what's your problem!?!?

Instead of handicap space I got dibs on the start line in the heats we're in together.:laugh:

I'm going to try to put a P Hydro together so I'm not falling asleep Sunday I may need you to add that one in for me fellas.

Looking forward to this one! It's going to be great to finally meet some of you fellas!

Doby
05-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Smock thinks he's above having to sign up......Mr Moderator will show up in the North and all others will bow down and grovel out of shear fear of future banning's on OSE....:scared:

Well, I say no more..end the favouritism now, or it will never end...He's power hungry and its gone to his head....

At least there's something in there now:drool::patriot:

Doug Smock
05-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Smock thinks he's above having to sign up......Mr Moderator will show up in the North and all others will bow down and grovel out of shear fear of future banning's on OSE....:scared:

Well, I say no more..end the favouritism now, or it will never end...He's power hungry and its gone to his head....

At least there's something in there now:drool::patriot:

I'm trying to find a Forum Nazi outfit to wear.
I'm entered!
Please consider doing something else with your time. :laugh::laugh:

Here you go, get Don entered. lol
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/member.php?16958-donhuff

Ken Haines
05-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Doug, Wish I could find the time stamp of your entry.
I am claiming that I shamed you into signing up first......lol

Ok Don Huff, your next.
And then what about that Siewart gentleman.
Hmmm....maybe Ava Paganelli has everyone scared ?

T.S.Davis
05-13-2015, 09:12 PM
I sent him an unsavory text.

Do I need Dons' number?

Doug Smock
05-13-2015, 09:27 PM
Yeah Terry sent me a rude text then blamed it on you Ken.
And yes, I admit it, I entered after his text & your little rant. Call it what you will. :laugh:

T.S.Davis
05-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Yeah Terry sent me a rude text then blamed it on you Ken.

To which he accused my parents of never having been married.

Damn. RCracingevents is down again. I'm really starting to lose faith in that site. Is it running on an 8088 machine or something?

ray schrauwen
05-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Commodore 64.

ray schrauwen
05-15-2015, 02:42 PM
No sign ups for Q-sport Hydro... Booo.... Hisssss.... You all scared of me or what??:bounce:

Glad to hear Ray.....

madmikepags
05-15-2015, 02:54 PM
Hey Ray I am definitely signed up for Q-sport and Me and My (Nat Champion, race record holding) Q-sport aint afraid a nuthin or nobody!!!!!