PDA

View Full Version : What's the concensus on SkyRC chargers?

dinsdale
01-17-2015, 09:57 PM
G'day all from WA (West Oz that is). First post happening, so please correct me gently. I'm new to all this new fangled LiPo talk hence the need for a little advice. I'm never likely to need to charge batteries beyond 4s or about 4000mAh. In fact I'm only using 2s, 2500mAh LiPos at the moment. I've been looking at chargers and it's a minefield.

One which has taken my fancy right now, and for a reasonable price, is the SkyRC B6AC+ v2 (http://www.skyrc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=201). I've discovered that there are clones of copies of copies of clones ad nauseam of these things under at least 20 different brand names, so I figured that if everyone wants to copy them so much then the original must be quite OK.

So, "What's the concensus on SkyRC chargers" and the SkyRC B6AC+ v2 in particular?

Peter A
01-18-2015, 04:26 AM
Hi and welcome. That charger looks ok for where you are at. It also has internal resistance test function, which is great for a smaller charger. I would suggest that you will likely want bigger batts in time as they will give better power and runtime, depending of course on what boats you are running. There is heaps to learn but as you get your head around it things make more sense.
I could also recommend the Turnigy Reactor charger from Hobby King, it is a well priced charger that would suit your current and possibly future needs.

IRON-PAWW
02-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Hi dinsdale. We have a small rc boating club in Perth that operates out of a nice lake in Malaga. Google Perth rc Boats to find our facebook page or check in with us on the AMPBA forum. :-)

dinsdale
02-04-2015, 01:01 AM
Thanx IRON-PAWW, if I'm in Perth anytime I'll drop in. What days/times do you operate? I live in Albany and go to Perth absolutely as little as possible - HATE the place!

Btw I ended up with the SkyRC charger model I asked about. All of the myriad of chargers with the 4 buttons and 2 x 16 character LED panel are clones or copies of the SkyRC, so I went with the original.

Cheers
Dins

high-tech
11-14-2015, 08:22 PM
I've got three of them and they all work great... I use them all the time