View Full Version : Bran new sv27 sc not working

flyfloatr
09-11-2008, 03:10 PM
Any ideas??

Sv 27 esc
ammo 36-40-2900 motor
both new from tower

stock transmitter and receiver in apache 24 boat

Plugged everything in and nothing, no servo response, no arming beeps, almost like I don't have it plugged in at all.

Put the old esc back in and it all responds fine. Back to the sv esc and once again absolutely nothing.

Any ideas before I send it back???

Thanks in advance.

Doby
09-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Did you make sure your throttle trims are set to max?

Flying Scotsman
09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
There are many possible reasons for this problem. I doubt the ESC is faulty. I suggest you go to the SV27 site and look at their setup procedures in their manual and you may have to reverse some trims. Search for SV 27 ESC arminng problems in this and other forums

Douggie

Ctonez
09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
the SV27 ESC is a little finicky. In the 4 boats I run it in, only two arm the same way. It has something to do with the ESC recognizing neutral, so as Doby mentioned, set the throttle trims with some positive...I don't use full positive...maybe I should try it:w00t:

flyfloatr
09-11-2008, 08:16 PM
OK, I will do the searches. One thing, the steering servo won't work untill the esc is armed either??? Right now nothing is working. Thanks for the info.

flyfloatr
09-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh, and is it normal to get a little spark when I plug in the batteries? Never seen that one before. And yes the packs are normal, no crossed wires or anything stupid.

Stinger9D9
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, a little spark isn't a big deal, there is some draw when you go to plug in the packs.

I do know it is really tricky to get the ESC to arm with some radios. For instance, my Futaba 3PM required some creative trim gymnastics to work properly with the ESC. It works fine now though.

If you have a 3PM, I'll look at the settings I have on my radio and post them. You'll have to wait a couple of days though...

flyfloatr
09-12-2008, 08:26 AM
What about the steering servo? Shouldn't that work even with the esc not armed. Oh, and shouldn't I hear at least one beep when I plug the packs in no matter what?

Ctonez
09-12-2008, 11:38 AM
the steering servo should work when the batteries are plugged in.
hmmm...maybe reciever related?

make sure steering servo is in ch.1 and ESC is in ch.2
Even if you can't arm it, you should hear some beeping when you plug in your batts.

flyfloatr
09-12-2008, 01:42 PM
So, if I hear no beeps at any time, and can not get my steering servo to do anything, and the receiver works fine when I plug the old esc in, can I now say the esc is junk and send it back or is there something else?

kwiktsi
09-12-2008, 04:02 PM
How about the wires on the receiver plug- is the polarity correct there as well?

flyfloatr
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Can't it only go in one way? I will check when I get home.

lonewolf
09-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I cant tell you which brands but some rx are backwards... I think its airtronics???
Yes its possible I fried a servo useing a "standard " switch off the rx pack...
1st build all set to test.... turn on the rx pack servo flutters then smoke.....WTF
Go to lhs and learn alot and buy another 25$ servo lol

johnnyoverkill
09-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Don't forget that the ESC has the BEC disconnect on the red lead. Try adding an RX pack and see if it comes to life. If it does, reconnect the open on the red lead.

Good luck,
John