PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA District 12 (MD, DC, DE, VA, NC) Race Schedule for 2015

Chilli
01-01-2015, 02:05 PM
Happy New Year folks. Here is the IMPBA District 12 Schedule for 2015. We had a great year in 2014 with nice weather (though sometimes windy) at all of our races. We had our first district race at the Old Dominion Model Boat Association's new pond in Smithfield, VA. It's a great pond with all amenities within a mile or two from the site.

We had a district meeting for all the club officers in October and reviewed every combined Nitro/FE and P-Limited class. The end result was that everyone seems to be happy with the current rules and classes so there were virtually no changes. The only class that was changed was we separated the combined Nitro and FE 1/8th scale classes. We also decided to make the Open Cat Class Nitro and FE only. The big gas cats already have a class to run and their size was discouraging the smaller Nitro and FE racers from entering. Also Mike Lewis wants to run a full P Hydro class next year. So if you are getting tired of the P-Limited classes and want to kick up the power a notch, go for it. I had a P-Hydro I ran two years ago and will get it race ready for this season.

For more info, check out the Capitol RC Model Boat Club web site in my signature or post any questions here.

District 12 Races

April 24-26, District Race #1, Cascade MD
Hosted by the Model Boaters of Baltimore

May 15-17, District Race #2, Queenstown, MD
Hosted by the Delmarva Model Boat Club

June 13-15, District Race #3, Centreville, VA
Hosted by the Capitol RC Model Boat Club

August 28-30, District Race #4, Smithfield, VA
Hosted by the Old Dominion Model Boat Association

September 18-20, District Race #5, Cascade, MD
Hosted by the Model Boaters of Baltimore

Cravacor
02-23-2015, 01:59 PM
No more Greenbrier State Park, Mike? Both of the Baltimore Club Races will be at Fort Ritchie, correct?

Chilli
02-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Yes sir, that is correct. They got a new park ranger last year and after 20+ years running there he decided he didnt want cars driving on the grass. That would make for a very long walk to get your gear down to waters edge. In the five years I've been there we never damaged the grass. But then I heard the park hosted a soccer event a year or two ago and by the time the kids were done, it looked like a heard of buffalo went through there. Oh well, Fort Richie is a beautiful site. Deep water and none of safety concerns that were problematic at Greenbrier.

HOTWATER
03-07-2015, 08:37 AM
That Capitol RC Model Boat Club logo in your avatar looks really good!!! I'll buy a couple t-shirts when you are ready to make them!! Big logo on the back, small logo on the front upper left corner... : )

don ferrette
03-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Yes sir, that is correct. They got a new park ranger last year and after 20+ years running there he decided he didnt want cars driving on the grass. That would make for a very long walk to get your gear down to waters edge. In the five years I've been there we never damaged the grass. But then I heard the park hosted a soccer event a year or two ago and by the time the kids were done, it looked like a heard of buffalo went through there. Oh well,Fort Richie is a beautiful site. Deep water and none of safety concerns that were a problematic at Greenbrier.It's no secret the park "powers that be" had been trying to show the Baltimore club the door for years. For a long time they were fairly easy to deal with but when the management changed a while back they made things increasingly "difficult" on the boaters and even more so on the club. The story about the soccer event is true BTW, they absolutely trashed the grassy areas that we always respected. No biggie now as thanks to the efforts of Larry Roberts the club has a beautiful site at Fort Ritchie. :smile:

Chilli
03-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Thanks Kent. My club VP is working on his own design and when it's done, we will see which one the club prefers. We'll look at getting shirts and decals made as soon as a final decision is made on the design.