PDA

View Full Version : servo jitters

urbs00007
12-30-2014, 08:37 PM
my fitec servo jitters with no stick input. works fine, just annoying. what can I do to stop this?

tlandauer
12-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Change you servo....:just-kidding: I have the same problem with Fitec, got ear plugs so I can't hear the jitters! :just-kidding: again.:lol:
I also had the same problem with Hitec 646WP servo. Some of these servos would stop behaving like that if you use a signal booster cable:http://www.horizonhobby.com/spektrum-signal-line-voltage-booster-spmcp

It did cure my Hitec, I did not try with my Fitec, I try to ignore it, it is a damn good servo though.
BTW, I asked before, it helps in general, not just Spektrum radio system.

ray schrauwen
12-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Digital servos can do this and it comes and goes. Never causes me a problem. I use mainly Turnigy servos and they all do it.

Fluid
12-30-2014, 09:25 PM
My HiTec digital servos never do this with Futaba or Spektrum radios. One issue with some radios/servos is having the transmitter too close to the boat. I had a Futaba servo stutter when I was too close to the boat - 2-4 feet away - but disappeared when I moved ten feet away.

oscarel
12-30-2014, 09:41 PM
Something to try from Hitec's page.

http://hitecrcd.com/faqs/servos/troubleshooting-your-servo-problems

Q. What do I do if my Servo jitters while idling at center or through its travel?

A. This may be a dirty potentiometer. Open the case and remove the gears. Spray a zero-residue tuner cleaner into and around the "pot" and work it in. Once the cleaner has dried, re-install the gears and close up the case.

tlandauer
12-30-2014, 09:57 PM
I had trouble with the combo: Spekturm and Hitec. I changed serveral new servos and were all the same till I tried that booster. I know the rx was good.
I now only use Futaba servos.

ron1950
12-30-2014, 10:16 PM
I also have had trouble with hitec servos....2 new hitec 645mg (I think they were) still have em cant use em....I have other boats with the same hitec servos and no problems beats me...hard to sell servos that chatter all over the place

Fluid
12-30-2014, 10:24 PM
Guys, do the servos chatter when the transmitter is over twenty feet from the boat? If not - who cares?

Chilli
12-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Sometimes servo's jitter trying to find center. This can happen when the boot that seals the rudder control rod puts a little pressure on the rod. It's no big deal unless it jitters with rudder input.

Doug Smock
12-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Not an idle problem but.
Had issues with HS 645MGs and 985MGs when used with Spektrum but only on the rudder channel. As stated the signal booster is supposed to "fix" it.

I never received a clear answer from Horizon why the throttle channel didn't exhibit the same issue. Note: Not all of my Spektrum RXs had this problem with the servos. :blink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98_U9eC4sM8

PS John, Remove the servo horn and see if it stops the noise. If it does, find / fix what is putting a load on it at idle

properchopper
12-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Sometimes servo's jitter trying to find center. This can happen when the boot that seals the rudder control rod puts a little pressure on the rod. It's no big deal unless it jitters with rudder input.

Absolutely true ! Strange but Yesss !!

Chilli
12-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Wow. That's more than a jitter, but on the bright side I know a few drivers that would probably drive smoother with that rudder servo... LOL