PDA

View Full Version : Proboat Forumla Fastech guys in here.

Spot Me 2
09-08-2008, 11:40 AM
I just picked up one of these because the deal was too good to pass up.

Anyone on here running one? Have you made any changes to it? Are you happy with how it performs? Should I just turn around and sell it for a profit?:confused2:

Spot Me 2
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Am I the only one with this boat? Maybe I should just sell it:confused1:

Avanti
09-08-2008, 03:52 PM
I think its a cool looking boat I have not seen one in person yet there are some good videos of them on youtube

oldshovelhead
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I picked one up a few months ago. I'm a noob to FE boating and thought this would be a pretty fair boat to start with (my last boats were an RPM Seamaster II EP and a Robbe Prinzess, been on land and scratch building crawlers for a number of years now).

You can see mine at http://www.youtube.com/oldshovelhead

First thing I did was swap out the Proboat RX for an RS310 - I prefer the JR Racing system.
Adjusted trim tabs up quite a bit and did some aligning of the turn fins. I also took the burrs off of the turn fins and rudder - just smoothed them out and polished them up a bit.

I'm running 16.5v of a123 in mine and get a pretty fair run time - 5-6 mins and then the noticeable drop of voltage but the a123 cells charge quickly on my Onyx 230.
Although these are heavy cells, they perform well and charge up nicely.

Overall I'm pleased with the Fastech - I like the looks of it although I'll probably mask off the bow and aft deck rails and repaint it. I think it's a great entry level BL boat that handles fair and runs pretty well with minor "tinkering".

I'd love to see pics and vids of what others are doing with their FASTechs. It seems you guys here are quite a bit more advanced than the "RTR world" but we all have to start somewhere!

Spot Me 2
09-11-2008, 08:59 PM
Well, I took a swim today. I was running it in a 2-4 inch chop, it was screaming, and it flipped at full speed. The hatched was ripped off(yes it was taped on) and all I have to say is that the stock foam bearly keeps it floating. The water tight radio box, isn't!!! I did get evrything back, even the batts. I will dry it out and see what still works?????

oldshovelhead
09-12-2008, 04:12 PM
well Spot Me 2 what's the prognosis? Does it live or not?

Let's see some vids!

Spot Me 2
09-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Its alive. The reciever is dead. I had just swicthed it over to one of my fm radios too. It was the first run on fm. No biggie.
I need to take some vids soon.

LiPo Power
05-27-2009, 11:20 PM
This one is before any mods but the LiPo batteries. No adjustments. Strait out of the box.
I like the boat. Performs well and looks gtrat. There is few things you can mod on it just keep reading posta. BDW, it is never enough.... For more than 32.4 MPH out of the box my suugestion is UL-1, for now 100% satisfaction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfpqdsTSASE