PDA

View Full Version : dual water pickup for bj29

Pedro Ramos
12-01-2014, 11:22 PM
can someone point me to the right direction?
I will like to have dual water pickups for my blackjack 29 v3

thanks!

fusion_m8
12-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Check out this forum: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1896522&page=2

Check out post #20: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?41589-proboat-29-batt-prop-motor

Airedout29
06-21-2015, 08:56 PM

works great.. i have opened up the holes on the rudder and bigger water line.. motor and esc are cold and barely warm to touch after a 10 min times run.. batterys are warm thats all

Leadfingers
06-22-2015, 07:50 AM
Anyone tried splitting the water lines, allowing cool water to the ESC and motor? Looks like a lot of guys are going that route on the Spartan.

Tamelesstgr
08-17-2015, 01:22 PM
We are having issues just seeing water come out of the exit port. At about half throttle we see some water spilling out, but otherwise top speed not much. Temps are ok and we are running 4s all stock setup. I can physically blow water through the entire system with no issues, and I have checked for obstructions and kinks. Should I start by opening up the pickup hole in the rudder to see if that will help?

ChevyPrerunner
08-17-2015, 01:58 PM
We are having issues just seeing water come out of the exit port. At about half throttle we see some water spilling out, but otherwise top speed not much. Temps are ok and we are running 4s all stock setup. I can physically blow water through the entire system with no issues, and I have checked for obstructions and kinks. Should I start by opening up the pickup hole in the rudder to see if that will help?

Hmm interesting, I have never had any issues with my BJ29" water cooling, The stock setup has always allowed plenty of waterflow for cooling. Not sure what the problem could be unless you have a kink or clog in the line/ cooling jacket..

Tamelesstgr
08-17-2015, 02:24 PM
I'm going to pull the motor and jacket as well this week to check that the nipples have the proper clearance and aren't too close to the motor can. My Shockwave 26 shoots water out of the exit port and is very visible at all speeds, but that is not a rudder pickup. We have the same issue with my uncle's Supervee 27, not nearly as much flow as the Shockwave.

angrycat
01-21-2016, 10:56 AM
hahaha just saw this and that someone had referenced a link to my dual rudder bj29 i hope im not to bold to say this but i honestly think at the time i was the first person with a dual rudder setup or at least one that actually worked =)