PDA

View Full Version : Need Help...Swordfish 220 with Data Logging so frustrated

msundsd5
11-23-2014, 09:03 AM
FE OSE Fam,

I have a Swordfish 220 PRO with data logging that I am struggling with. It appears that every time I take off in the water, until I get moving up to speed about 20 mph or so it wants to keep cutting in and out. When I'm up to speed it does not cut in and out at all , just when taking off. It has done this in 2 different boat applications and I am just flat out frustrated. It is brand new out the box. Any insight you can provide would be great, I'm a SeaKing guy and have had NO problems from any of them and I own a 60amp, 90amp, 180amp and 130HV, this is the 2nd Swordfish I have had like this so needless to say I don't think I will be buying anyone of these for a while.

I would even be willing to sell if someone thinks they know what the problem is and feel as though they could use it. Just PM me. I bought this esc just "Trying something new" outside of Ole Faithful Sea King but so far no luck.

Let me know your thoughts.

olwarbirds
11-23-2014, 09:32 AM
How do you have it programmed far as lipo shutoff and detection IE: auto, 3.4v etc....I have found that on some of programmable esc's that turning off the lv cutoff helps. But you do have to pay closer attention to runtime. I hope you get this figured out, because I was looking at buying some of these soon for a twin build.. DJ

runzwithsizorz
11-23-2014, 10:26 AM
I had something like this happen to me. Turned out the batteries were a bit old, and didn't have the amps to pull the boat out, and up on plane. However once I nursed her up to speed she would run.
Just a thought, was it the same set of batteries for both boat applications? Anything on the logger?

msundsd5
11-23-2014, 10:42 AM
How do you have it programmed far as lipo shutoff and detection IE: auto, 3.4v etc....I have found that on some of programmable esc's that turning off the lv cutoff helps. But you do have to pay closer attention to runtime. I hope you get this figured out, because I was looking at buying some of these soon for a twin build.. DJ

I have programmed the LVC to be off and same thing....... cuts in and out at start up but rides with no problems once I get up to speed.

msundsd5
11-23-2014, 10:44 AM
I had something like this happen to me. Turned out the batteries were a bit old, and didn't have the amps to pull the boat out, and up on plane. However once I nursed her up to speed she would run.
Just a thought, was it the same set of batteries for both boat applications? Anything on the logger?

Thanks for the feedback, yeah , I have had 3 sets of different batteries , 2 fairly new 65C's and 1 brand new 70C battery 5000+ mah. It continues to cut in and cut out with all. Maybe it is something simple that can be programmed in the esc or something, that is what I'm hoping to get from this inquiry. If we could figure it out that would be awesome..... I have spent $135 for this esc and I would hate to lose that money!

montymike
11-23-2014, 10:57 AM
What do u have ur cell count set at?these seem to be a lot more touchy than the seakings are.. Oh forgot to ask are u using a programming box or program card on this esc. I have found the box is worth the extra cash if ur
Going to run these esc's.

kfxguy
11-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Have you tried another esc just to rule out anything else?

flraptor07
11-23-2014, 11:55 AM
There is a start setting, it's soft, Standard, Fast. Try setting it to soft or the Standard setting and see what happens. also set the cutoff setting to soft and use a low timing setting.

olwarbirds
11-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Update, anything new ?

msundsd5
11-26-2014, 12:07 PM
What do u have ur cell count set at?these seem to be a lot more touchy than the seakings are.. Oh forgot to ask are u using a programming box or program card on this esc. I have found the box is worth the extra cash if ur
Going to run these esc's.

I have the program card :doh: and it doesn't give you an option to totally "Cut Off" the LVC ( I mentioned early I had it off in the thread above but it was on "AUTO". The lowest it will allow me to put it down to on the card is 5.0V

I have the program for the computer too but as you can see not many are having luck with the program being able to be downloaded on Windows 8 or 7 for that matter............ Keep throwing ideas at me, I'mma try everything cause I'm determined to get this Darn thing working!!!

msundsd5
11-26-2014, 12:08 PM
Have you tried another esc just to rule out anything else?

Yes sir..... Sea King 180 V3, no problem....... this has got to be something simple i'm missing. I new to Swordfish products!

msundsd5
11-26-2014, 12:09 PM
There is a start setting, it's soft, Standard, Fast. Try setting it to soft or the Standard setting and see what happens. also set the cutoff setting to soft and use a low timing setting.

Got your message..... will do....talk to you soon!

msundsd5
11-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Update, anything new ?

Next time I will be able to run and try these things out is Sunday, I'll let you know then!!!!

olwarbirds
11-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Next time I will be able to run and try these things out is Sunday, I'll let you know then!!!!

I can totally understand your frustration, yes pls keep us posted on what you come up with...tks....Happy Turkey day to you and yours... DJ

fidelity101
02-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Any updates? I have two of these NIB that I am planning on using.