PDA

View Full Version : Year end meeting

T.S.Davis
11-18-2014, 08:36 AM
I sent out an email but it's just occurred to me that there may be guys that visit here that aren't on the email list.

Our year end club meeting will be this Saturday at the Elks Lodge out in Leonard.

Some stuff we'll be handling and/or discussing informally:
2014 awards
2015 officers
Michigan Cup? If we're doing a Cup style race we need to pin down the date now. Typically it's 3 days. The weekend before the 4th of July looks like the best option again. Stew on it though.
Class participation from 2014 in relation to 2015. Where do we want to go collectively? Do we need any adjustments etc?
Races locally that aren't MMEU events. Burton, Spencer, Northern Lights, Hobart, Indy Masters, Flint SAW.......should we (try to at least) schedule around these so guys can go if they want?
Should we plan a club pilgrimage to a major race? Northern Lights would be a good one. A not so hostile take over maybe.
SV27 class. What to do with it in the future as the boats are not being built any more. Run it till the boats die?
P limited classes in the future. Proactive vs reactive. I promise not to get all worked up. haha

We've asked each racer that placed in a class this season to bring their boats along for photos. That would also give any new guys that are curious a chance to look over what worked this season.

The Elks Lodge is located at
3100 Pond road
Leonard, MI.

Yeah, it's kinda out in the sticks but the Elks have been really good to us and we would like to return the good will with some patronage.

Figure 1:00pm

T.S.Davis
11-24-2014, 10:14 AM
Well that went pretty well. I think everybody had a good time.

We had 21 guys that are wanting to race come spring. I think I counted 4 wives and girlfriends that have the patience of saints.
Then there are 8 regular racers that typically do race that couldn't attend for what ever reason.
There were also a few that I know are planning to race that are totally new.

So we could be looking at 30 guys next summer. Should be a hoot.

Our primary objective was awards for 2014 but we were able to settle a few things for spring. I thought I would relay them for those interested outside of our group of misfits.

There will be a Michigan Cup out at the Elks Lodge next summer. We'll sort the details after the first of the year but the date will be June 26,27,28. I've been working on a class list to run by the gang.

We do plan to run the same classes as last year for club points:
P limited mono
P limited cat
P limited Offshore
P limited sport
SV27

One class that looks as though it will have enough entrees each month to run is P sport. Safe to add one to your winter build list if you are interested.

We talked about scheduling around some local races. Some of us would like to support some local races if we can. This is tough with 6 MMEU races and a Cup so we'll be discussing that some more. We may have to just pick one. If we do that we would ask that some of you also participate such that we don't end up with 3 guys after we've asked a venue to include us. It's happened before. Maybe the Transom Twister gig in Burton in the fall?

SV27 is going to continue as is for at least another season. The supply line for these boats is still out there. You can get them off of ebay still so no need for panic yet we think. If new guys are interested in trying their hand at a stock class, some of us have boats so that we can make sure they have the opportunity even if they can't buy one at the LHS.

Mike and I argued about motors. We came to no useful conclusions. There was no blood. We did agree that anything new in the future has to not screw up the existing classes. They are the most contested classes locally and nationally. They've played a major role in the growth of our little band of misfits. We don't want to screw it up.

Todd Fleury
11-24-2014, 10:37 AM
You may want to look at the dates you posted were a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. But, You may want to look at other dates.

T.S.Davis
11-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks Todd. Going back for an edit.

Todd Fleury
11-24-2014, 11:57 AM
well that stinks, won't be able to make that race. Have to stand up in a wedding that weekend.

T.S.Davis
11-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Tell them no man. WTH is wrong with you? No dedication.

Weekend before this is fathers day. Two weekends and the kids are still in school. Trying to convince Steven to come out too. He won't yank the boys from school I don't think. After the 4th is weedtopia out there.

Todd Fleury
11-24-2014, 01:50 PM
You should look at a weekend after the 4th. Might be more of a possibility.

T.S.Davis
11-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Been there done that. Shadow lake turns into the black lagoon.

JeffS
11-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi,

Had a great time at the year end meeting. Looking forward to my first boat. Just joined the forums so I figured I'd chime in. Can't wait for the pond to thaw.... Oh, it hasn't froze yet... Sigh! Michigan winters. :blah:

Thanks Again.

T.S.Davis
12-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Jeff, glad you could make it. :welcome: Glad we didn't scare you off. Was it really 57 degrees yesterday? WTH!

If you have any questions be sure to contact one of us. Sometimes newer guys get excited about racing and run out to buy stuff only to find it's missing this or doesn't fit that. Think we've all been there at one point. You would be hard pressed to find a boat on the market that we're not familiar with. We probably know where best to get it. Sometimes we know the designer and maybe even the tweaks needed to make it competitive. Then if we don't, there's a 99.999% chance that someone on the OSE forum knows the boat. I've even seen boats on the "for sale" forum where I knew the boats history. Like who built it, who owned it next, where it was raced, races it won. Kinda creepy at times to be honest.

We'll have another meeting in February to shore up the dates for our season and to show off what guys have been building etc. I have 4 boats for sure to put together this winter. We'll probably trash talk too. AKA bench racing. My boats are SO fast when the water is frozen.......in my mind.:blink::banana::laugh:

Shooter
12-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Is the meeting over? I think Mike and I are still sitting up at the bar.