PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil + Grimracer L42x66 = no go!

fox88gt
11-10-2014, 01:44 PM
I picked up a Grim L42x66 at the LHS the other day and tried it on my Lucas Oil.....even with favorable water conditions I could barely get the boat on plane...it was just stuck. When it finally did break free it ran real wet and really only aired out when running upwind. Is there something about this prop that doesn't like Cat hulls? I ran it on my Revolt and it actually ran really well. Almost as fast as the X642 but with less chine walking.

Anyone know whats up with this? Are lifter props and cats a no-no? Pardon my noob ingnorance, just hoping to learn a little something:confused2:

Thanks!

Fluid
11-10-2014, 02:50 PM
Lifting props seldom work well on catamarans. If you try them, angle the strut up a few degrees at the prop end. You may need to raise the strut too, depends on the speed.

fox88gt
11-11-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback Fluid. I tried trimming the strut upwards a few degrees and it didn't seem to make much difference. I think I'll save this prop for the Revolt after some sharpening. It was balanced surprisingly well for a raw prop.