PDA

View Full Version : District 2 IMPBA and MCMBC Membership

dethow
11-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know if the Motor City Model Boat Club (MCMBC) is still active? I have sent emails regarding joining to the Treasure, Vice President and President of the club with no response. I have also sent an email to the District 2 Director, Tom Kelly, with no response.

Ksheren
11-02-2014, 12:07 AM
Here is the contact info.

Kevin

Motor City Model Boat Club
Ash Township, Michigan

www.motorcitymodelboatclub.us

President
Scott Tonak
6444 Runnymeade Drive
Canton, MI 48187

president@motorcitymodelboatclub.us

dethow
11-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Yes, I know the name of the club, the pond location, their website, the president's name, and his email address.
As I've said... I have sent emails to all of them and no one is responding.
Is this still an organized club???

longballlumber
11-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Give them a little time,

Most are just now winding down from a season long of racing. That club is primarily a Nitro/Gas club. I am only mentioning this since your posting on OSE tells me that you more interested in the FE stuff. If you like, I can PM you my phone number and I am sure that I can answer some questions about RC boat racing in the MI, OH, and IN area as I do participate in several facets (FE and Nitro).

Later,
Mike Ball

dethow
11-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I know they are primarily nitro/gas. For me their pond is close and would like to join their club for a place to test/setup/practice.
I am aware and am going to be joining NAMBA and MMEU out of Shelby Twp for FE racing.

But... I guess you are saying they are still around and I just need to give them time. That's what I'll do.
Just wondering because I just paid for a IMPBA membership I really don't need if MCMBC is not around.

Thanks, Kevin and Mike

longballlumber
11-02-2014, 11:23 AM
No worries,

Just trying to offer some help when I can.

Good Luck

dethow
11-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Give them a little time,
Later,
Mike Ball

Scott emailed me and we're in communication.