PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish data logger viewing?

kacordy
10-25-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm at a loss. Are there instructions somewhere? Does the ESC need a battery plugged in? Program does not open? First SF. First attempt to view data.

Thanks, Allen

kevinpratt823
10-25-2014, 07:30 PM
ESC need power. Hook the link up, open the page, power the ESC, then click open device. You may have to change the com port, I forget how to figure out which one you want. Try this and let us know if you get it.

kacordy
10-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Kevin, I will try with a battery.

Thanks for the guidance, Allen

kacordy
10-25-2014, 07:50 PM
I do not understand. When I click on device, bottom left, It gives me invalid port number. I've tried both ports. Link is red. Battery plugged in.

Allen

kacordy
10-25-2014, 08:16 PM
Very strange program. Is the red light supposed to go off on the link? Green light correct next to open device? But it tells me device is not open?

kevinpratt823
10-25-2014, 08:16 PM
There are a lot of threads on various forums discussing the little technical things you have to do, this one has a link to the manual, I'm sure it's somewhere on the hifei site too but....https://astecmodels.co.uk/pdfs/hifei/Swordfish%20120A%20ESC%20Manuals.pdf

It has screenshots, but it says---www.hifei.com Swordfi
sh ESC MANUALS 7 page/ 12 pages
·
Please refer to the labe
l of USB Linker and correctly connect the
receiver lead of ESC to USB Linker.
Connect the USB Linker to one of the ava
ilable USB ports of PC. A little
red LED on USB Linker will
light up. The green LED on the controller would light
up while connecting is su
ccessful otherwise not.
When successfully connect to PC, th
e computer will automatically r
ecognize a ‘com port’ as the name
“CP210
USB to UART Bridge Controller” ,
please find the correct ‘com por
t’ number on you PC in this
way.
The com port is generally ‘com 3’ or ‘com 4,’ but there are
different ‘com port’ on different computers. You can find the
accurate com port on your computer in this way:
Click the right button of mo
use the icon ‘My Computer
’→Manage →
Device Manager →Ports(Com & LPT).
The‘com port’after
“CP210
USB to UART Bridge Controller”
is the right one.

kacordy
10-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Kevin, Thank You so much for this detail. I got frustrated so I will try again in the morning. Time for some Blanton's bourbon and UFC 179, lol

Allen

Bryan73
10-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Kevin, Thank You so much for this detail. I got frustrated so I will try again in the morning. Time for some Blanton's bourbon and UFC 179, lol

Allen

Did you install the driver, especially if you are running a 64bit operating system?

Just in case you have not, go to your program directory.
Unless you have a different main drive it should be:
C:\Program Files(x86)\HiFei V.4.12 (or 4.11 if you have that one)

Look for this file - CP210xVCPInstaller_x64.exe (64bit version) and run it if you have a 64bit O/S.

there is also CP210xVCPInstaller_x86.exe (32bit version)

Upon installing that driver, somewhere along the way (if you pay attention) it will let you know which comm port it's using. If not, go to device manager, under ports and it will show you. Just look for this device: Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge.

Now just plug your ESC into USB device then plug USB device into to your PC, battery is needed ONLY for those ESCs which do NOT have a built in BEC

Kvance
10-26-2014, 09:58 PM
If you continue to have problems you can email me at Kentvance4135@Gmail.com and I will give you my phone # and I can tell you easier than I can type how to get it to work . I had problems also with a swordfish 220 pro plus just a few months ago.

rickwess
10-27-2014, 09:11 AM
You definitely don't need a battery connected to the ESC to program it or read the logs.