PDA

View Full Version : FE boating spot near San Marcos CA?

zhevers
10-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Just moved back in the area about a month ago and I'm finally settled enough to start getting back into the hobby. I've noticed there aren't a lot of lakes out here to run boats. Can anyone chime in and give some ideas.

The closer to San Marcos the better!

tlandauer
10-25-2014, 12:04 PM
I guess it is not allowed? Lake San Marcos? I was there once visiting a friend years ago and wondered if they allowed RC boating...

zhevers
10-25-2014, 12:10 PM
I haven't tried it yet but I've heard nothing but bad experiences from Lake San Marcos. I guess it's a resident or guest of resident ONLY Lake for fishing. Not sure about boating but last thing I want to do while running is catch a ticket.

tlandauer
10-25-2014, 12:21 PM
I haven't tried it yet but I've heard nothing but bad experiences from Lake San Marcos. I guess it's a resident or guest of resident ONLY Lake for fishing. Not sure about boating but last thing I want to do while running is catch a ticket.

I hear you! I was only wondering , just wanted to ask you for my own curiosity. Thanks and good luck!
Cheers.

zhevers
10-25-2014, 12:42 PM
I wish it was a friendly Lake because it's so close and has more than enough space Haha Oh well