PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Whitt

Doozie870
04-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Guys, I really hate to bring drama to the new forum this early, however it was just brought to my attention that dennis had a remark to me, which I didnt read and was unable to respond to. (out of town) I heard a few stood up for me and I appreciate that.
So dennis talk to me.

sjslhill
04-05-2007, 09:14 AM
I never saw anything, guess I missed that one.

ReddyWatts
04-05-2007, 09:25 AM
The guy was trying to put down newbies, which are the next generation in FE. It is ironic that his name is pronounced "wit". It looked like they locked down the topic because of the direction he was taking it.

sjslhill
04-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Probably best to let this one die, people say things and it's sometimes taken incorrectly. Preception on what someone is trying to say by reading words is sometimes completly incorrect. You can't see their face and real reaction. Dennis is a professional racer, not sure what he is doing now.

regards,
Steve

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Steve is 110% correct. I have meet Dennis in person a couple of times, he was more than willing to help me out when I needed and a nice guy. Sometimes we all insert foot in mouth online, I have done it more than I like to admit! Its tough to get the true meaning of a sensitive when written in text!

Dennis Whitt
04-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey Doozie,Yeah,Like I said In my PM it didny really come out the way I meant it.And got locked down b4 I could splain it.
Doesnt realy matter what I meant now,The damage is done.
Sufise it to say that when I go to a race.I like seeing new faces as it is a sure sign of growth and thats what I have always been about.Sorry for the missunderstanding.:o

SJFE
04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh how I can identify on this subject. I met Fiancée online in a chat room. We used to talk on IM all the time before we moved in together. I can't even remember how many arguments I started and stupid things I said trying to be cute, clever or just trying to make a point. Text is tuff sometimes. The context gets lost real easy.

ReddyWatts
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
I must say that my first impression was not correct. He seems cool!

Steven Vaccaro
04-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Dennis nice to see you around. Your thoughts about race boats are always welcome and appreciated!! Will you be at the nats this year with Team Fine?

Dennis Whitt
04-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Nice place you have here.
Wow I would love to go to the nats and rub shoulders with all my buds (and New Buds).Who knows what this year will bring.
I am preasantly unsponsored.(you gotta go to races and work for those spots on the roster).
But I miss my Team mates.Paul and Kelly are out there whoop in up just fine.
I have a couple to toss in at Michigan Cup.Just traded for a systems cat to squeese some speed out of.The "no step" clause on a cat rule has me stumped.But Ill figure something out.
I am dieing to throw a 700 on a gear box and spin a big wheel.See if there realy is any truth to the story that big props are more efficient.
St eve I still laugh when I think about that Rum runner race when you threw that Syncron out with a big XL motor on 6 cells !!!! Hahahahaha !!!That was fun !!

SJFE
04-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Let me get this straight...You are not allowed to run a cat with a stepped hull in NAMBA off shore?

Dennis Whitt
04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Sorry.It is for LSO.The Key west was written out of the preasant LSO rules (no steps) and the Systems boat is aloud as long as you fill in the steps.
Its ok.I love working with those darn Graupner boats.;)

SJFE
04-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Ohhh ok no steps in LSO.

Fluid
04-05-2007, 09:32 PM
...the Systems boat is aloud as long as you fill in the steps. Its ok.I love working with those darn Graupner boats.

Don't know where you got that Dennis, steps are specifically allowed in LSO - go to page 13 Section 28:

b)Limited Spec Offshore (LSO)
ii) Hull Specifications
d) Steps are allowed on both hull types.

The current LSO record holder ran a strock DrifterS.

Stealth Assassin
04-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Doozie was the guy making a complaint about the motor that was supposed to be a ss1 from fine and It was not.

properchopper
04-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Yup, my LSO record holder Drifter had them thangs on the bottom. I thought they were to hold used chewing gum. :p

Dennis Whitt
04-06-2007, 09:38 AM
maybe I should read the rules.I had understood that monos could have steps but not kats.
I will double check and get back.

sjslhill
04-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh, the SS1...I see now where this was going. LOL

Let's move on, it's not worth talking about that.

Dennis Whitt
04-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I jumped up on NAMBA and read the rules.Propper your right.Nice Job driving a Drifter in offshore.

properchopper
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks Dennis ! Couldn't of done without Jay's coaching. On the other hand, I wasn't able to keep the Drifter right-side up at WWIII. Now have Titan 29 ready to race P-mono ; now where's a race within driving distance ? :D