PDA

View Full Version : New Release - Shockwave 26 BL...

Racer944
10-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Looks like a new Shockwave 26 BL announced today from what I can tell... Looks like a nice worthy successor to my previous Shockwave BL. Decent electronics, good hardware, single battery (2S-3S) and not a bad price...

Not sure on the color yet but... I think I am liking it the more I look at it!

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=PRB08014

Cheers;
Eric

pukpquango
10-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Check out the gallery. The pictures show the same mountings for electronics and batteries as the new Blackjack 24.

Actually, I quite like the Kermit green colour.....

revoltrunner
10-03-2014, 05:13 PM
!!!

kfxguy
10-03-2014, 05:22 PM
O MAN! I gotta have one! I love the color. My first boat was a shockwave 26 so i'm partial to them. My son still has his. Looks like its time to upgrade. If you find (or anyone) pics of the innards, Id like to see. Looks like they did a really awesome job this go round with it. It has much higher end hardware and an adjustable strut. I like alot!

kfxguy
10-03-2014, 05:37 PM
If i could buy one right now....I would.

Spartanator
10-03-2014, 06:48 PM
If i could buy one right now....I would.
You and I will have to settle for the video in the time being... lol I am feelin' a repaint of Orange!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGBBPvmTKdM

Look at the specs, then read the long paragraph.. It says 2000kv motor but specs say 1500kv?

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w542/tkeytkey/RC/Untitled_zps0e6e5ba3.png

Here is the inside: http://www.proboatmodels.com/ProdInfo/Gallery/PRB08014_a15.jpg
They will be selling empty hulls...

kfxguy
10-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Couple things I've noticed....which lead me to believe the Hardware will not match the pics.

1) they say it has a breakaway rudder. The one in the pics shows now evidence of that.

2) the steering rod looks nice and beefy on the outside...has a ball joint on it.then you look at the inside pics and there a cheesy skinny rod with a Z bend that goes into the servo arm....that makes no sense.

Just some things I noticed. ...

Darrin...any insight on this? Can you get me one early? Lol. I'll buy it right now!

Spartanator
10-03-2014, 08:15 PM
I tried the chat on Horizon Hobby thing but I didn't get a response... He only said sorry for the late response.

fwlbp
10-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Wow, between this and the new BJ 24, proboat is really offering some nice boats in this class. This would be a perfect starter boat and could also be fun for a group of guys to run several together while waiting for their 30+" boats to re-charge. Wish these things were around when i was a kid, I'd have been mowing lawns & raking leaves like a mofo to save up. :lol:

On a side note, you'd think they'd proof read the basics before releasing something like this on their site:

Features:
•Equipped with a brushless 2000Kv water-cooled motor

Specifications:
Motor Size:1500kV

:confused2:

*Edit*
Just to add more confusion, when you click on the Part&Upgrades tab for this boat, it shows the 2000kv motor. When you click on the motor, the specs for it says 2400kv LOL.

kfxguy
10-05-2014, 01:26 PM
I was going to preorder but with that much confusion, you never know what you'll end up with.

bigcam406
10-06-2014, 06:33 AM
not bashing,but they all look the same.same style with a different paint job.i hereby request that they re-release the Fastech.at least that boat had some class.

Spartanator
10-06-2014, 09:00 PM
not bashing,but they all look the same.same style with a different paint job.i hereby request that they re-release the Fastech.at least that boat had some class.

I think I might go for that! They would just need to redo the flex cable setup... How many shockwave versions have there been?

kfxguy
10-06-2014, 09:50 PM
3 before this one i think. There was an ugly steerable out drive one with fake people in it. Then a brushed one. Then a brushless one. Now this one which looks waaaay better

Make-a-Wake
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Wow, I love that color, and on a boat with nice lines to boot.

I too wonder what actual size(Length and Dia.) the motor is, as well as KV.

TheShaughnessy
10-07-2014, 08:42 AM
You'd think they would air it out more for the vid. It's plowing and still pretty quick so that's cool

kfxguy
10-10-2014, 01:09 PM
I just stopped by my local hobby shop and ordered one. They called while I was there. About two weeks out is what we are looking at. I Remember I had a ton of fun with my white one i had.....and I wanted to paint it my favorite color...green.....guess I don't have to now!

coryalvord
11-01-2014, 01:10 PM
I have the older white 26 brushed and converted to brushless can anyone recommend a 4-6s battery that fits good prefer using a single battery sorry if in wrong spot but couldn't find a current proboat 26 thread

kfxguy
11-01-2014, 01:57 PM
I have the older white 26 brushed and converted to brushless can anyone recommend a 4-6s battery that fits good prefer using a single battery sorry if in wrong spot but couldn't find a current proboat 26 thread

I'm pretty sure you cannot fit 6s in that boat. It cannot handle it anyway. I'm pretty sure a revolectrix 4s fits. You'll find the speed limit on that hull pretty quickly. I did. Fun boat tho

coryalvord
11-04-2014, 11:03 AM
even a 4s makes it pretty sketchy but was just looking for a single battery configuration that will fit oe configuration, the electronics i have in boat are way overkill but i plan on upgrading hulls in spring