PDA

View Full Version : Kris Flynn "Dragon FE" OPC Tunnel - A SOLID P-LTD OPC Option!!

Darin Jordan
09-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Hi Gang.

For this past summer, I placed my Lynx on the shelf and was asked by Kris Flynn (
Cranbourne East, Australia, krisflynn@froggy.com.au ) to test one of his newly designed DRAGON FE OPC Tunnels.

After tinkering with it over the summer, making lots of adjustments, and working through some teething pains, I have to say that this boat is a SOLID performer in P-LTD OPC.

I believe that Kris is currently is talks with a few people here in the USA about producing kits, but I also think that he is open to providing them built-up and sealed, ready for you to prep, rig, and paint.

The hull is a tad bit longer than the typical 3.5. About 31" in length, and a bit wider as well. It has a unique geometry that gives it a solid but lively feel on the water. I've been able to get VERY solid rough-water performance from it, and it's a ROCKET in the straights.

It's good to have another available option out there, and with the performance of this hull this summer, this one has earned a good cleanup and a coat of paint, making it a permanent part of my racing stable (you CAN'T have enough OPC Tunnels, after all!)...

If you are interested, look Kris Flynn up and see what he can do for you!

Here are a few pictures.

Darin Jordan
09-30-2014, 12:38 PM
Here are a few more random pics of Kris' boats...

T.S.Davis
09-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Sweeeeet.

ray schrauwen
09-30-2014, 08:53 PM
Nice! Might stir me into liking OPC Tunnel. I like the lines it has.

You are such a work horse Darin, thanks for the post.

Kris Flynn
10-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the post Darin...the true test will be against the top racers in the country when I come over to your side of the pond and race in Florida in November :-)

Doug Smock
10-01-2014, 12:45 PM
I saw one of these at our last Grand Prix race. Nice boat!

Robrotor
10-03-2014, 01:01 AM
Hey Darin, are you at liberty to tell what motor and esc and batteries you are running? Looks like a sweet boat...waiting to see some vids. Thanks, Robert.(just starting in FE after a few years in nitro}

Darin Jordan
10-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Hey Darin, are you at liberty to tell what motor and esc and batteries you are running? Looks like a sweet boat...waiting to see some vids. Thanks, Robert.(just starting in FE after a few years in nitro}

No secret... Same as I use on my Lynx:

Lawless Lower Unit
AquaCraft 2030KV Motor (UL-1)
Castle Creations ICE100 ESC (converted to water cooling)
Thunder Power 70C 5000mAh 4S1P
ABC 42x55 prop