PDA

View Full Version : Sept 14 Race

Shooter
09-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to Tom! Great job getting all the heat sheets ready on Sunday. RCRacingEvents let us down, but everything still went smooth thanks to you! A lot of last minute organization and planning there. :bowdown:

jfrancisco892
09-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to Tom! Great job getting all the heat sheets ready on Sunday. RCRacingEvents let us down, but everything still went smooth thanks to you! A lot of last minute organization and planning there. :bowdown:

:rockon2:

longballlumber
09-15-2014, 09:58 PM
I hope this works...

The link below should take you to a web site that has several hi resolution pictures from yesterdays race. I know some of the pictures are out of focus, but I am very amateur with this camera. I am also sorry if I didn't get a shot of everyone boats. It's tough to get out there every race. Please let me know if the link doesn't work.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjwuhzs6n44vlme/AACBlXEoRmwHibGun0oU6SDFa?dl=0

tjcast
09-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Thanks. I just like to see the races go off smoothly and try my best to get this done. I want to thank all the racers for doing a great job. Also want to send out a big Thanks to everyone that helped with set up and tear down. That is such a big help in getting things done.

Mike the link works fine and thanks for the pictures they look great.

Tom

T.S.Davis
09-16-2014, 09:57 AM
Yes, thanks Tom. Dedication. Shows buddy.

You guys know how weird I am about having fun...................DID! Finished one dang'd heat. Still had fun. My old friend Dan came out and appears to be completely hooked. Benjo did really well for his first race.

Some thoughts on the season thus far.

I've had a terrible season of racing. Too much experimentation. Mining for gold. The Libero is a hoot but forget about it in traffic. It's just too small. Gonna go back to N2 Sport with that. The Stealth/F16/Lamborgini/Bat boat/Millennium Falcon cat is getting closer. Few more tweaks with the rudder assembly to do and it should be drivable.

Despite my own personal results this has been the best season of racing for me in ages. A TON of fun had, some new faces, some old faces. We've also seen guys that weren't real sure they wanted to race do really well. Guys that thought they were just back pond bashers. I think when we met Pete he was more of "I don't know about racing" kind of guy. The club seems to be doing a good job working together too. With guys filling gaps and such. It ain't perfect. Never is but pretty darned tolerable. So thanks to all of you.

Most satisfying for me has been watching Ty develop into an actual racer. Many of you have played a role in that. Thank you. Sometimes he quotes Junior when he pits for me. It's a little creepy to be honest. "you want to role into the turn, then role back out" I caught myself yesterday telling him "okay, now go hunt them down". I think I can still take him but not for long. He's got all my good boats though so maybe it's already too late.

Shooter
09-16-2014, 08:47 PM
Mike, Those photos are incredible. I think I see my new avatar in there. Do you do weddings???

Terry - I STILL 'don't know about racing'. I need to get back into making upside down retrieval systems.

T.S.Davis
09-16-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm going to throw together some dumb stuff for next month just fer fun.

longballlumber
09-17-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm going to throw together some dumb stuff for next month just fer fun.

dumb stuff... This should be interesting...

If this includes P-limited Cat, let me know know so I can order a new rudder blade and prep a new prop... :sarcasm1:

T.S.Davis
09-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Probably a wood P limited mono and maybe the old Titan for offshore. Maybe some creative gearing.

Was thinking about putting a 1527/.5y in the old lead sled for P sport. It's so rickety though.

longballlumber
09-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Probably a wood P limited mono and maybe the old Titan for offshore. Maybe some creative gearing.

Was thinking about putting a 1527/.5y in the old lead sled for P sport. It's so rickety though.

Ahhhhhh... Gotcha. I was out in left field assuming that you were talking about the racing format. I didn't occur to me that you were speaking specifically about your personal race boats. I will try and re-focus. :doh:

Nachyo
09-17-2014, 12:01 PM

Wanted to say thank you to all the members that made my day a blast and terry is correct I'm totally hooked and will be back it's a great bunch of guys

T.S.Davis
09-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Ahhhhhh... Gotcha. I was out in left field assuming that you were talking about the racing format. I didn't occur to me that you were speaking specifically about your personal race boats. I will try and re-focus. :doh:

I say after our October race we try out that pin in the front bay like we talked about. I really like that idea. Get rid of the hair pin that's in the next county. It's a fun to drive it but it costs us at least an hour a day. Freddy would put it on the other side of the road if there was water.

Dan, glad you had fun. Being border line insane to begin with helps. I knew you would fit right in. haha With this gang there can be an overwhelming load of information to absorb. You don't have to know it all right away. We'll keep you out of trouble.............fer now. Muhahahaha Let me know if you need help putting that new mono together.

Maybe I'll put an Alley cat together for next month. Found one un-joined in the basement. I own more crap......

Nachyo
09-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Yes terry I'm a bit off and yes I'll be picking your brain a lil

Shooter
09-17-2014, 08:50 PM

As soon as you said 'dumb', I thought P-Sport. It's ridiculous. 65mph is way too fast for that size boat in race water. So, will it be done by Saturday?

T.S.Davis
09-18-2014, 08:49 AM
No way. I did put the Titan together last night though.