PDA

View Full Version : Same but different

G-UNIT
09-10-2014, 03:19 PM
I run mostly octura m445 props on my impulse and revolt but the other day I bought a octura 1445, same size as the m445 except the tips are more rounded, how will this effect the boat and speed?
I do a great job of balanceing and sharpening and just wanted to exparement with this prop, at 16.95 its no biggy
if it does'ent perform well, then I'll start trying my hand at cupping ect.
What do you think? anybody try this prop?

NativePaul
09-10-2014, 04:15 PM
It is a lifting prop, best suited to 3 point hydros/riggers not your monos. Stick to props with letters in front of them for low (ish) lift. M, X, Y & N are all low lift, P & V are medium lift, number only props are all high lift.

kfxguy
09-10-2014, 04:35 PM
I found this to be useful....

https://astecmodels.co.uk/props.php

G-UNIT
09-10-2014, 05:23 PM
So how would it work on my ul-1?
if it does'ent work maybe i'll just sell it, I just get into preping the props b&s.

StevenBryant
09-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Hey G-Unit

i've had great success with the 14 series props on mono's both electric, nitro and gas. When running these props you need to compensate by altering the strut angle to take into account the lift that the 14 series prop will generate.

My advise would be to give it ago and see what happens, and if it does not work then drop me a line as i'll always take it off your hands for you.

steve

G-UNIT
09-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Good to know, thats what I was thinking also.
adjusting the strut angle and also moving batterys back a bit.
I really need to get video camera so I can post a vid of how my props come out, when i'm done s&b my props they spin one way then the other and don't stop in the same spot, I feel I do a great job, but I would like to get a pros take on it.

dasboata
09-19-2014, 10:53 PM
The 1400 series are good props more for hydros ! But big round ear props work great on Monos also ,They are a Medium lift props, for a heaver type boat throw it on, and try it ! Lets see the prop !