PDA

View Full Version : record holding prop..

Thomas Schlarb
08-29-2014, 08:49 PM
Hey guys.. OK I'm going to attempt a record run here in October. My boat already holds the record at 79.5 one way pass. I need just a bit fast for my name to be the record holder.. any suggestions on how to do so? I want 80mph.. :noidea:

rearwheelin
08-29-2014, 09:21 PM
So assuming your boat is an advanced saw boat that is running on the edge right now, do you care if that faster prop smokes your esc ? And most serious fast guys do run high end batts for a reason you have the best right ? I'm sure somone can make the props you have faster

Doug Smock
08-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Hey guys.. OK I'm going to attempt a record run here in October. My boat already holds the record at 79.5 one way pass. I need just a bit fast for my name to be the record holder.. any suggestions on how to do so? I want 80mph.. :noidea:

Assuming this is a club record? There are no records for one way passes.
There are several of us that would have more of them on the "I love me wall" (lol) if that was the case.:wink:
Tell us about your boat.

keithbradley
08-29-2014, 09:31 PM

Thomas, are you coming to the Flint, MI record trials event in October? What type of boat are you running?

dasboata
08-29-2014, 10:05 PM
:zip-up: Tell them guys what it really takes to take a record !

NativePaul
08-30-2014, 08:03 AM
If you are only trying to find .5 mph use the same prop you have now and tweak a little more cup into it, or ask one of the experienced guys at the records trial nicely, or sent it to Dasbota for him to do the same. You can get that easily.

Thomas Schlarb
08-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Thank you.. I just bought another prop to have worked. The current prop is cupped but it doesn't look that great. Yes in running top batteries and she run on the edge.. boat has the two way past at 78.4@$... I'm going to PA in October for time trials.

Thomas Schlarb
08-30-2014, 10:27 AM
If you are only trying to find .5 mph use the same prop you have now and tweak a little more cup into it, or ask one of the experienced guys at the records trial nicely, or sent it to Dasbota for him to do the same. You can get that easily.

Who's Dasbota?

Thomas Schlarb
08-30-2014, 10:29 AM
:zip-up: Tell them guys what it really takes to take a record !

Do you custom make props?

Thomas Schlarb
08-30-2014, 10:31 AM
Thomas, are you coming to the Flint, MI record trials event in October? What type of boat are you running?

I'm going to PA in October for time trials

Thomas Schlarb
08-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Assuming this is a club record? There are no records for one way passes.
There are several of us that would have more of them on the "I love me wall" (lol) if that was the case.:wink:
Tell us about your boat.

Yes it a two way pass at 78.4@$.. it's MLBoatworks QX400 tunnel.

dasboata
08-30-2014, 10:40 PM
Do you custom make props? Yes that's me !!! drop me a email dasboata@aol.com

Doug Smock
08-31-2014, 12:21 AM
I'm going to PA in October for time trials

Good luck! Say hello to Bob Morton for me! Great guy!

photohoward1
08-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Thomas, Bobs a great guy. He runs an IMPBA record trial. So is Flynt. Most of the guys here seem to pay attention to NAMBA records.

Guys Thomas is new to our club and is really excited to try this. I have seen the boat run and it is very stable. Thomas listen to these guys they know what they are talking about.

Thomas Schlarb
08-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Thomas, Bobs a great guy. He runs an IMPBA record trial. So is Flynt. Most of the guys here seem to pay attention to NAMBA records.

Guys Thomas is new to our club and is really excited to try this. I have seen the boat run and it is very stable. Thomas listen to these guys they know what they are talking about.

Thank you Howard... I'm very excited to try for a record. Wish I could be at the lake today but I'll see you next Sunday.

keithbradley
08-31-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure when the PA event is, but the MI event is the first weekend in October. You may have a chance to run both events if you want the best opportunity to set a record.
If you do happen to find your way out to the Flint event, you're welcome to try any prop in my prop box that doesn't have a C/R match. :thumbup1:

Best of luck with the record attempt!

Doug Smock
08-31-2014, 01:28 PM
If you do happen to find your way out to the Flint event, you're welcome to try any prop in my prop box that doesn't have a C/R match. :thumbup1:

And that's typical of the record trials.:thumbup1:

It would be sweet if you were to have a two way average of 80 mph. with a O/B Tunnel! Mike Lusczc has come the closest at 78.424 with a Q boat. I was there, and it was impressive.

Thomas Schlarb
08-31-2014, 03:31 PM
And that's typical of the record trials.:thumbup1:

It would be sweet if you were to have a two way average of 80 mph. with a O/B Tunnel! Mike Lusczc has come the closest at 78.424 with a Q boat. I was there, and it was impressive.

I have that boat now... I want to push it to 80mph

Thomas Schlarb
08-31-2014, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure when the PA event is, but the MI event is the first weekend in October. You may have a chance to run both events if you want the best opportunity to set a record.

Where can I get more info on Flints event?

dasboata
08-31-2014, 11:16 PM
Impba website Terry Keely usually runs the event Flint is a nice site but it can get windy up there

dasboata
08-31-2014, 11:19 PM

Best of luck with the record attempt!Keith the PA event is almost on the ohio boader . I forget what town ?

Doug Smock
08-31-2014, 11:27 PM
The Flint Record Trial is Sat. Oct 4th. It looks like a one day event 8 am to 5pm.
You can contact Terry Keeley tkee@rogers.com

Thomas Schlarb
08-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Keith the PA event is almost on the ohio boader . I forget what town ?

Portersville PA.. Bob Morton I think?

Chilli
09-01-2014, 12:01 AM
All race and trials info is located on the IMPBA web site in the Master Race/Events Calendar. Click on the event on the calendar and it will give you the details.

http://www.impba.net/index.php/component/jevents/month.calendar/2014/10/30/-?Itemid=119

Bob holds the event at Moraine State Park about a half hour north of Pittsburg.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzev8a6m/

Thomas Schlarb
09-01-2014, 09:19 AM
All race and trials info is located on the IMPBA web site in the Master Race/Events Calendar. Click on the event on the calendar and it will give you the details.

http://www.impba.net/index.php/component/jevents/month.calendar/2014/10/30/-?Itemid=119

Bob holds the event at Moraine State Park about a half hour north of Pittsburg.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzev8a6m/

How do I pre register?

montymike
09-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Is the flint event at kelly's lake? I live in the flint area.

Doug Smock
09-01-2014, 10:44 AM
How do I pre register?

Contact : CD: Bob Morton (412) 298-0855 email: Akamorts@verizon.net and tell him you're coming and what class(s) you'll be running.

keithbradley
09-01-2014, 11:32 PM
The Flint Record Trial is Sat. Oct 4th. It looks like a one day event 8 am to 5pm.
You can contact Terry Keeley tkee@rogers.com

I didn't notice this until you said something. After an email exchange with Terry, he has confirmed that the event is two days, Saturday and Sunday. Apparently there was an error up and Sunday wasn't posted to the online calendar.