PDA

View Full Version : Proboat Shockwave upgraded - need advice

Chall502
08-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Below is my Proboat 26' Shockwave project.
Proboat Shockwave- Bought hull only from auction, stock drive hardware, stock driveshaft, stock motor mount, stock two screw coupler, I purchased the same Dynamite servo proboat uses, I am using a Flysky GT2 trans/rec(very impressed for $30), Proboat Stilletto 60 ampESC, Aquacraft 2030kv (UL-1 motor)

Props used :
Grimracer - 44x66, 42x66, & 40x57(trip and was useless)
Octura - 440(trip), 442, 645

This boat ran well on all props except the 3 blade. The first run I made on 3s Floureon 30c 4500mah was with the 44x66 and it ran quick but mid way through the run the flex cable came loose and the boat stopped. Did not loose the cable luckily... Then I ran it on the 442 prop and it handled it well with no issues. I then switched to the 42x66 Grimracer and it seemed to run much better. Fast out of the hole and good speed and seemed faster than the 442. I started with the 442 using a couple different variety of battery packs.
Floureon 35c 5500mah - This pack is just to big it seems but it handled it ok. But I think its weight was an issue as the boat seems to flip in tight turns if it is over-weighted.
Hunger 7.4v 40c 2650 mah - Ran very fast and I stacked both packs in the middle where the factory battery position is and it seemed better handling but it flipped again.
Then on Grimracer 42x66
Hunger 7.4v 35c 2200 mah X2 - I placed them one on each side more towards the back and not a good idea... It flipped during the run and me not seeing some waves(small pond and I do a lot of night runs with not so great visibility in areas not smart I know..) so it almost sank and I did some late night pond swimming...
Hunger 7.4v 40c 2200 mah - Stacked and velcroed on top of each other in the middle position. Ran flawless and just incredible.(Yes at night...) Seems that the reduced battery weight helps with the boats performance.
Then I switched to the Octura 640 using my Hunger 7.4v 40c 2650 mah packs this time velcored and stacked to reduce any movements under the strap. This boat exploded even more and was very hard to manage at night on my pond. Only because of speed. Holeshots were good and it just screamed. But halfway through the screaming session... The flexcable came loose and end of my fun...

I had removed the cable a number of times for greasing and whenever I changed props. I did notice on the last change, when I went to tighten... Something just did not feel like it was holding as the screw came loose way too easy... I did look at the tip of the cable and it did have some indents from the holding screw but nothing bad. I am also pretty sure I had the flat side up as I should. So no idea...

Any advice on this issue will be appreciated.