PDA

View Full Version : Need a safety section !

rearwheelin
08-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Seems safety can make or break every business these days. A few days ago I was tightening up a prop with some leather gloves and I bent one of my blade tips . I mounted a new prop today trying a different method . I simply clamped the drive dog in my table vise and lightly supported the prop with my gloved hand. I thought " What a great way to tighten the prop nut and way safer ! Just thought it would be cool to have a safety area where things don't get buried and lost. Thanks, Randy

kfxguy
08-24-2014, 12:15 AM
I don't have this issue. Wanna know why? I use a bullet nut with a set screw. In my opinion it's leaps and bounds better than a regular nut. I've never lost one. I put blue loctite on it from time to time. You never have to worry about the prop cutting you again. If you want pics...let me know

rearwheelin
08-24-2014, 04:03 PM
I don't have this issue. Wanna know why? I use a bullet nut with a set screw. In my opinion it's leaps and bounds better than a regular nut. I've never lost one. I put blue loctite on it from time to time. You never have to worry about the prop cutting you again. If you want pics...let me know
That's a great idea ! We need a area for these suggestions ! I have never lost a prop either and use blue LT too ! :)