PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Oil FE Cat water pickup and cooling outlet

FlatwaterMG
08-14-2014, 11:44 AM
Any suggestions welcome with installing the Aquacraft(AQUB9520) water pickup and the Aquacraft(AQUB9519) water outlet. I am not racing the boat, that being said, stop and go running plus turning left and right with two 6500Mamp batteries.
I would like the temps to be lower. The photo, I have seen, of the water outlet does not look to be long enough to extend through the left side of the hull. My goal is to separate cooling on the motor and the ESC.
Thanks for any suggestion.

skater368
08-16-2014, 12:05 PM
dual pick up rudder

iop65
08-17-2014, 02:03 AM
that wateroutlet is not designed for use with the "tub"
it's for a normal one piece hull

my lucas oil has the tub removed :much more room to work in!
put in another motor mount,shortend the flex ,put some extra epoxy+ cloth in (also canopy) and adjusted the rudder so it's competely besides the prop now
using the stock motor on 5s ,a seaking 90a esc with extra caps and discontected the bec

43 cnc 1.4p :about 75 km/h
temps :warm but not hot ( still original cooling)
no need for upgrading cooling system, the only thing i changed was mounting the outlet to the left side so you can see the waterflow

for a "rtr" with some changes it's running rather good

FlatwaterMG
08-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks for your insight. One question if I may, mounting the water outlet to the left side, did you just drill a hole and insert tubbing or do something more elaborate?

iop65
08-19-2014, 12:57 PM
drilled a 4 mm hole through the hull
had some 4mm cu-tube (brass) ,solderd a brass washer on it( 1cm from one end) , epoxy on the washer +tube and placed it from the inside against the hull
rock solid ,waterproof and the only thing visible is about a few mm of the 4 mm cu-tube sticking out the leftside

but off course you can use the one you have bought ( if tub removed) , i'm not a fan of rubber tube through the hull