PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday's Rain????

longballlumber
08-12-2014, 06:56 AM
How well did everyone else fair with the rain that we got yesterday???

Things didn't go so well for us. We ended up with (roughly) 6ish inches of water in our finished basement.... What a kick in the nuts! :sad::thumbdown::angry:

jfrancisco892
08-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Oh my! Were you able to get all your boat stuff to safety? Finished basement to boot, I'm so sorry to hear that. It was very tense at my parent's house last night. Water was seeping in through the basement windows but no flooding occured fortunately. My sister's house in royal oak was flooding but my brother in law was able to fix the situation somehow. Grandfather's house had some minor flooding but it definitely got everyone that I know in the area pretty nervous. I've never seen such consistent rain for such a long time. Best of luck to all that had damage from the severe rain yesterday.

tjcast
08-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear that Mike. About 10years ago on a New Years Day my basement flooded! Not any fun. Turns out that the pipes running from the house to street were blocked with sediment. I had a company come out and clear them out I haven't had any trouble since (knock on wood!!). I hope your fix will be that easy but I know that the clean up won't be fun.

T.S.Davis
08-12-2014, 12:19 PM
That sucks. I haven't flooded since I moved out of the Clem. That house filled up 3 times. The last time there was 3.5 feet of water in front of the house though so stands to reason.

It did take me 2.5 hours to get home though. I missed that I696 lake by about 20 minutes.

They're calling for more rain too. I think I saw Kevin Costner on a pontoon boat.

longballlumber
08-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the well wishes guys... Although it wasn't near as much water as my neighbors, I still had A LOT of stuff down in the basement. Now I need to play chess to get all of the furniture moved out of the way so I can pull the carpet and baseboards. We also had a few cabinets with a little wet bar down there. It sounds like I need to pull the cabinets to get all the drywall behind them also... good grief!

Later

T.S.Davis
08-12-2014, 03:49 PM
I had to buy a giant rigid wet vac the last time. I also have a small portable sump pump. Mpt helping you way over here though. I can take it with me to the pond tomorrow if the roads are passable by then.

Doug Smock
08-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Sorry Mike, good luck getting everything back in shape.

T.S.Davis
08-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Coz saw this coming for Detroit. Accept we pulled it off in about an hour.

Vhoooba, Vhoooba, Vhoooba, Vhoooba... "Noah!"... Vhoooba, Vhoooba, Vhoooba, Vhoooba... "Noah!"
Who is that?
"It's the Lord, Noah."
......... Right! Where are ya? What you want? I've been good.
"I want you to build an Ark".
.......Right! What's an Ark?
"Go out into the woods, collect all of the animals in the world by two and make the ark out of cubits. Eighty cubits, forty cubits, thirty cubits."
......Right! What's a cubit?
"Let's see a cubit, I used to know what a cubit was. Well don't worry about that just go out and collect all those animals by twos male and female and put them into the ark."
......Right! Who is this really? What's going on? How come you want me to do all these weird things?
"I'm going to destroy the world."
......Right! Am I on Candid Camera? How you gonna do it?
"I'm gonna make it rain for a thousand days and drown 'em right out."
......Right! Listen to this, you'll save water... Let it rain for forty days and forty nights and wait for the sewers back up.
"Right!"

T.S.Davis
08-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Turns out I took on water in my workshop.

teetriple
08-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Mike if you had 6 inches of water the drywall that got wet might have to be cut out and replaced mold will grow quick on drywall. I had to do this about 10 years ago I had 3 feet of water in my basement real pain in the a$$ get some blowers and try to dry things out as much as possible hope it all works out

Shooter
08-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Here is a photo of what they are now calling 'Lake Southfield' (aka the Southfield Fwy).

Anyone want to meet up there for lunch? I have my boats in the car.

T.S.Davis
08-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Is it still like that Pete? I know that stretch. That's got to be 12 ft deep there.