PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico Driveline install

Canadian91308
08-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Hey guys, ive searched all over for this and have found nothing so sorry if this has been covered somewhere else. Im totally new to boat building but not rc at all ( been doing it for 10+ years). I cant for the life of me figure out the whole stuffing tube and liner install. Do they go into the strut as well as the tube in the hull or just in the hull itself? Would be great to have a pic or 2 to go from. I read the thread on how to actually get the stuffing tube into the hull, I just dont know how far its supposed to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

BHChieftain
08-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi,
Run the liner the full length of the stuffing tube but NOT into the strut. The prop shaft will be supported by the bushings in the strut.
The liner is just there to take up space to fit a .150 cable. Technically, you don't even need a liner if you match the stuffing tube and the cable correctly.
On my custom boats I like to use a 1/4" stuffing tube which gives me the option to either run it with a liner and a .150 cable, or without a liner and a .187 cable.

Steve has stuffing tube-cable sizing info here:
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=dh-ks-brass-tb&cat=191

Chief