PDA

View Full Version : N2-Mono SV27 Project

Darin Jordan
05-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey Guys... I've been hinting for a couple weeks about this project... I'm nearing completion now...

I'm outfitting this SV27 hull (thanks AvengerSteve!), which was formerly just green... for N2-Mono...

I just have to go over the interior wood with some epoxy, and add some epoxy to the stuffing tube (they REALLY need to fix this little issue!!), and I'll be able to reassemble... OH, need some OSE adjustable tabs too... :D

I did spend some time blueprinting the bottom some... so it's nice and true now... Took a little work, but this hull wasn't too bad to start with... In fact... it was much better than some that I've seen...

Power will be a Neu 15-series motor with 2S2P PolyRC Lipos and a B125 esc... I also have a Hydra 240 if that proves necessary, but I don't think it will...

Hardware is all going to be stock, except for the OSE adjustable trim-tabs... The idea is that one could duplicate this by taking a stock SV27, and just replacing the motor and ESC, and putting in some 2S Lipos... That's basically the experiment I'm trying...

My 26" Dark Horse mono with this same setup GPS's EASILY at 45.6mph... and the boat would barely stay on the water... I've had my other SV27 GPS at 43mph with Lipos and a big prop, and the boat was VERY easy to drive and stable... so I anticipate this will be a pretty good ride when it's all dialed in...

I'll keep you posted...

Meanwhile, here are some pics from tonight... As per usual... I'm sticking with my "Team Oberto" colors and theme... I like the colors, and they work... One of these days... I'll have to see if I can get the Oberto's to pop for some sponsorship money or at least a free pack of beef-sticks! ;)

avengersteve
05-18-2007, 06:53 AM
looking sharp! glad your happy with it.

Steven Vaccaro
05-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Cool a 27" n2 boat. Go get em Darin. Until limits are set we will see bigger and bigger boats that cost more and more.

Darin Jordan
05-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Cool a 27" n2 boat. Go get em Darin. Until limits are set we will see bigger and bigger boats that cost more and more.

Steven,

I'm thinking (wishful perhaps...) that NAMBA will be smart and just adopt the same length limits that IMPBA is proposing... In that case... the SV27 is right at the Maximum for N2! Which is exactly why I thought I'd try it...

If it works... It'll be the LEAST EXPENSIVE competitive N2-Mono you can buy!!

I'm actually pretty optimistic about how it's going to perform... I even have an idea on how to stop the characteristic "barrel roll" that these things seem to like to do in the turns... ;)

Steven Vaccaro
05-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I hope so to. Otherwise things will be bad.

Darin Jordan
05-18-2007, 02:19 PM
I hope so to. Otherwise things will be bad.

Exactly... In fact... Brian and I were discussing it and have PURPOSEFULLY NOT built anything over 27" for N2 JUST for that reason... We don't want to be the first, and we are advocating that the class stay in this size range...

I just hope NAMBA get's their collective "stuff" together before people start jumping off the deep end and building 35" 2S powered boats...

It baffles me how people argue that limiting the hull size won't "work"... :rolleyes:

Steven Vaccaro
05-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Until this is taken care of I will be taking a back seat in racing. I will be putting my efforts into making things better around here. It just doesn't make sense for me to buy all new equipment this year to get waxed by some guy that's deciding to run a giant hull. Things are changing every 2 months. Just before the vote on lipo everyone said that these setups were fairytales. Well, they are reality now.

LSH is a perfect example of hull sizes working. Its very competitive class.

saleens7
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
any more progress?

Darin Jordan
06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
any more progress?

Sure... I raced it this weekend... was fast, but I need to figure out how to get the rock and roll tendancy out of it... I think I have some ideas as to what to do, but I need more time on the water... only got two heats (had to leave in the middle of the day for a few hours to see my Son's baseball game...)...

We'll get her dialed in... showed a lot of promise thus far... A little more trial and error and I think I'll have it drivable at those speeds...

I think someone got some video, so I'll see if I can get a copy uploaded to the YouTube site...

saleens7
06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
cool...how fast do you think you were going?

Eyekandyboats
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
very nice Darin.
looks killer. like the salami paint scheme.
27 inches is just right for new age power.

i just recently made my old P rigger into a N2 rigger and it seems to be the same speed if not a faster :)