PDA

View Full Version : Club Race This Sunday 7/27/2014

longballlumber
07-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Morning Guys,

This is just a friendly reminder that we do have a club race this Sunday. As the time of this post there are 8 boaters signed up. If you "think" your going to be there, PLEASE, sign up. It is much easier for Tom who is creating the heat sheets by signing up sooner rather than later.

Location: Ford Park in Shelby Township, MI : https://www.google.com/maps/search/7460+Twenty+Three+Mile+Road,+Shelby+Township,+MI+4 8316/@42.6686796,-83.0426954,16z?hl=en

You can sign up at www.rcracingevents.com

I will let Tom and Bob chime in about the times for registration open/close, drivers meeting, and starting time of first heat.

Hope to see everyone on Sunday!

Let me know if you have any questions,
Mike Ball

tjcast
07-24-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks Mike.

Drivers meeting will be at 9:15 with the first heat at 9:30.

Tom

T.S.Davis
07-24-2014, 10:42 AM
I hope I'm not being too optimistic but I signed Ty and I up. Try'n to be there.

Where are all you other sissies?

longballlumber
07-24-2014, 10:49 AM
I hope I'm not being too optimistic but I signed Ty and I up. Try'n to be there.

Where are all you other sissies?

You have a different kind of disease when it comes to these boats don't you? :lol: :thumbup1:

Later,
Ball

T.S.Davis
07-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Were you there the time we raced the day after I had gone to a wicked Halloween party?...........yes....yes I do.

Tyler ran last night. We'll be fine. haha

Shooter
07-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Hey, I thought there were (3) P Sport Hydro's signed up. What haaaappppaaannnneeedddd?????? Boo!!! :crying::crying::sad::sad::sad::mellow:

T.S.Davis
07-25-2014, 06:20 PM
I was going to drop 2500kv in my old Whip but that thing is like a 100 year old pair of shutters. The wood is baked.

T.S.Davis
07-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Just wanted to say thanks guys. Everybody pulled together and got it done. We even beat the storms.

Mike, I still feel bad for taking you out of LSH. Sorry man. Maybe Pete will post the video. It's pretty awful.

longballlumber
07-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Agreed, thanks for the help guys!

No worries Terry. The more I think about it the more I realize my strategy for starting a race needs to change. A "running start" simply doesn't work in the FE world (especially at our club pond). Too much moving and shaking going on just before the buzzer.

Later,
Ball

T.S.Davis
07-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Could be. All it takes is one guy on the inside to panic "oh crap, I'm in too tight......too close to my neighbor......too whatever" He adjusts out and pushes the whole pack out. Pretty quick there's no pond left. That's kind of what happened with us yesterday. Shift shift shift shift land ho! When I lost my spot I should have backed out and waited. Then try to pick em off. No that's not how the starts are supposed to happen but this ain't professional racing either.

Picking them off is fun anyway. Accept Pete. That guy is impossible.

With enough speed you can get through at the start. We saw Tyler do it in that last heat of mono. Waited em out, picked a hole, and then shot out into the lead at the buzzer. Still gives me goose bumps.

Shooter
07-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Picking them off is fun anyway. Accept Pete. That guy is impossible.

????!! :confused1: If you remember, I am the guy that speared a bouy at 10mph AFTER the race was over! :laugh:

What sucks is the guy that leaves at 45seconds and just holds lane one at 2mph. If he can drive, and his boat is decent, and he hits the buzzer at FULL SPEED, you can't beat 'em. Am I right???

tjcast
07-28-2014, 08:31 PM
I too want to say THANKS to everyone that was there for making the race run smooth and beating the rain.

What sucks is the guy that leaves at 45seconds and just holds lane one at 2mph. If he can drive, and his boat is decent, and he hits the buzzer at FULL SPEED, you can't beat 'em. Am I right???

Pete if someone leaves at 45 seconds unless he makes 2 laps, there is NO WAY he will hit the buzzer at FULL SPEED! If he is going 2 mph then at least one person will zip passed him and take lane one, either in the backstretch or entering the turn!