PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 98mph

Apophis
07-22-2014, 03:31 PM
Finally got a good run on camera and wanted to share it. Sunday was a perfect day for running the boat, water was like a mirror most of the day. Early morning run was awesome, still had that thin layer of fog over the water, sunny, and warm. Such a nice outing I made a few more passes than normal, shot of the gps...

Hit 96 and 97 on the morning runs. Took a break for a bit then charged up and headed out again. This time I used my wifes phone as the gps instead of mine to compare the two, it was consistent, mine has been 95-98 last few outings. Walking down to the pontoon my neighbor saw me and asked if I needed someone to film for me, awesome! Not sure if he realized I would be posting it on YouTube, so don't mind the language lol. I tried for a bit to edit the audio, but can't figure out how to do it on the tablet, sorry lol, it kept showing a break in my vid so this is the unedited version......

http://youtu.be/KwwkNhBx0is

Shawn

Rocstar
07-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Awesome first build! :thumbup1: Keep it up!

Doby
07-27-2014, 11:16 PM
Sweet!

Xcesive8
07-28-2014, 01:12 AM
Nice runs dude and great boat!

Apophis
07-28-2014, 09:51 AM
Thanks Fellas! Been working her up in speed all summer, she is down for some hull repairs this week tho. Seems like a good week for it too, chance of rain every day. Hope to get her over that 100 mark before the time trials in October :Praying:

rearwheelin
07-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Nice job !

Apophis
08-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Nice job !
Thank you! She has held up amazingly well thanks to Joel's inlay job! I'm pretty proud of her for my first build, and can't wait to hit the time trials in October here in MI, hopefully I can make it thru the traps this time lol!! Ran her a couple more times this week despite her hull damage, some gelcoat coming off, can see it a little in the vid when I pull her out of the water. 98 seems to be my new wall, ordering a set of props next week to try and get over that 100 hump :)