PDA

View Full Version : Dual water pickup rudder for 29" Proboat cat's?

lt130th
07-19-2014, 03:00 AM
Is there a direct bolt-on replacement? Sorry - I've searched.

paDDY
08-26-2014, 04:55 PM
I would like to know also as I just got one. Thinking of rerouting the water lines to the motor first and then the speed controller in the mean time.

Mitch S
03-25-2016, 09:10 PM
Old thread, but a year had a half has past, and I have the same question on my Geico 3V.

Is there a dual water pick up, direct replacement for my boat? TIA,

Thomas Schoewe
05-17-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm using a Speedmaster small extended dual pickup rudder assembly from OSE on my BJ29 v3. Product # ros-spdrs-003a-du. I have a MG29 v3 as well that is getting this upgrade. You have to drill the pin hole on the pivot arm slightly bigger, but it works great.

Fluid
05-17-2016, 03:07 PM
If you need a "dual water pickup" in a spec-class boat, something is seriously wrong. These boats should not generate enough heat to need any extra cooling. Routing the water through the ESC first is the best way to do it, the low amp ESCs don't warm the cooling water much at all over pond temperature. Dual pickups won't help much if any.

Better to analyze why the boat is getting too hot in the first place. If the motor or ESC is getting too hot (over 140*F), then some reasons might be:
- prop too large
- motor Kv too high (if an aftermarket motor)
- binding driveline
- restricted flow due to plugged water jacket, etc
- boat running too wet
- running the boat too long

Running the ESC and motor up to 120*F+ won't hurt anything, but there is no law against running dual pickups, if that floats your boat......

JimClark
05-17-2016, 03:33 PM
It's a waste of time and money in a spec boat