PDA

View Full Version : Glitching upside down

kookie_guy
08-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Anyone experienced glitching when their boat overturns? My brother in law got the BJ26 since I'm having so much success with mine. For some reason, there is about a 1 second delay from throttle to response. This messes him up, and in turning, boat goes full out and turns over. While upside down, the motor keeps pulsing, and the steering jitters. Could this be because the antenna is submerged? The only thing we've changed is put on an antenna mount into the hull, and plugged the original hole (good thing, or the boat would have been full of water twice now)

Any ideas? We're going to try putting my original receiver in the boat to check, because I know it ran awesome with my boat when it was still in there.

Mich. Maniac
08-17-2008, 11:43 PM
I have seen it alot. Even with some higher end radio's. Looks like the Futaba Fasst system or spektrum units are the way to go. I dont get it running but when flipped mine does it some. I think its the reflectiveness of the water. I use a Futaba pcm/ppm controller 7 channel which is actually for air and am thinking hard about the switch to Spektrum. Just is kinda hard cause I have 4 rx units for this one allready.

Meniscus
08-18-2008, 04:10 AM
I'm experiencing some similar issues. I will update if I am able to diagnose, but I may have to concede and move to spektrum.

ETOWNE
08-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Before I went spektrum, I had the same kind of problem. The lag when you give it gas happened to me too. I think you'll find the radio is doing most of it. I switched to spektrum and can drive my boat upside down.

kookie_guy
08-18-2008, 07:56 AM
hmmm, so I guess the second question is...if we keep the antenna in the hull, does it have a big affect on the range? He's not quite ready for the spektrum because of the money. I love the spektrum, and all issues I had with my e-maxx were solved as soon as I got it. The great thing about it is the built in failsafe. So in the event of a flip over, just turn off your tx and you don't have to worry about the thing running out of the water.

ETOWNE
08-18-2008, 05:04 PM
I've had mine pry 500 ft away racing a bass boat and had no problem. Once again my antenna is in the hull. I beat the bass boat by the way....haha.....

thrashmetal
08-27-2008, 10:23 PM
i was thinking of running a spektrum receiver in my blackjack brushless as i have extra receivers and my radio is the spektrum dx3r but i was told by a tech at horizon hobbies that spektrum doesnt recommend using their receivers in boats because of interference from the sun reflecting off the water .

has anyone been using spektrum in their boat and if so have you ever had an interference or loss of control?

thanks guys

Apples1
08-28-2008, 02:40 AM
From what i have heard Spectrum does seem to have the most problems, where as other 2.4 systems dont, not sure why,...in saying that there is quite a few hobbyshop owners that swear blind that no 2.4 system should be used in a boat EVER, becasue of the rooster tail and sun issues, but my club runs them with no problems.

Thats my 2 cents

kookie_guy
08-28-2008, 07:03 AM
my spektrum dx3.0 has been running fine. Ran about 12 sets of pack through it now with the dx, and never an issue.

thrashmetal
08-28-2008, 08:43 AM
thanks for the input guys.

im going to put in one of my spare spektrum pro receivers and give it a try.