PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA District 12 Race #4 - August 22-24, 2014, Smithfield, VA

Chilli
07-09-2014, 08:34 PM
The next District 12 Race be the weekend of August 22-24 when the Old Dominion Model Boat Club hosts Race #4 of the district points series at the club's new pond in Smithfield, VA. This race is historically the best attended event of the year and despite ODMBA being out of action for a few years, I fully expect the tradition to continue. It's been too long since I've seen some of you Tidewater guys and my son and I are looking forward to coming down!!

For further info and sign up, check out www.rcracingevents.com

runzwithsizorz
07-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Mike, could you please give a name of the lake, or it's location? It would help me chart a coarse. I fully intend to be there. I *MAY* even be able to enter a boat.
Will there be a novice category? Will I need a pit man? Regards, Todd

Chilli
07-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Todd if you do a google map seach on Cypress Run Dive, Smithifield, VA. I think it's the pond just south of that road. I havent been there yet so I don't know for sure.

There is a novice class. You will need a pit man but we will hook you up. Sign up is www.rcracingevents.com. Make sure you have an IMPBA membership also. If you get tight on time, you can turn in the IMPBA application with a check at the race. LMK if you need any more info. Hope to see you out there.