PDA

View Full Version : SwordFish Timing default of "AUTO" What degree is that? Range is from 0-30 degrees

msundsd5
07-04-2014, 03:16 PM
Hello OSE....... Still struggling with this DAG ON Swordfish 220Pro+....... I must say, between programming software for computer and problems with this esc I have been extremely dissappointed in the product over all but that is neither here nor there.

Question I have is does anyone know what the default timing is on this esc? When I go into program it is set on Auto as default. It also has options for Low, Medium, and High and also options to set the degrees if you don't want to choose the 1st 2 options. The degree option goes from 0 all the way to 30 degrees. I'm trying to find a baseline average so i can have a starting point with running my boat without the fear of burning something up. Any insight is appreciated.

P.S.

I have seen a few threads about downloading the software have it has not worked out for me so if anyone has any additional insight they would like to share to help me out without referring me back to one of those threads please, I welcome the opportunity. All I know is it should not be this hard and stress to run a freakin' esc. Now I see why the SeaKing / Turnigy 180 and the Castle's with data logging were so easy and got great reviews for userability!

tlandauer
07-04-2014, 03:48 PM
HI, Sounds like you are going thru what I just have gone thru. Good luck!

1, Timing: I have the program box, so I was going to use that in case the USB link didn't work. What wind is your motor? That determines the timing.
"Y" can use 15*, "D" should use between 0-4. Their instruction says if you use the box and set low, then anything between 0-15 would be ok. I think it is safe if you have a "D" wing and use "Low", I would set "Medium" for a "Y".
I did set to 2* after my USB worked.

2, Getting the soft ware to work, did you follow that thread? http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?47259-Swordfish-esc
My problem was that it was working, only I had set my screen at a larger size, so when I launched the shortcut, the open device wasn't included in the little "screen" . I have to say that I was pretty stupid!:crying:
What Windows are you using?

kfxguy
07-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Im taking a break from my redneck endeavors (thread on that later haha)....and I was about to leave and realized one set of batteries I didn't have charged. So, I had so much going on when I was on the phone with you I must have missed the part where you had a choice to set the esc at a certain number. If it were me, I'd set at 0 until you get things lined out and make sure your temps are in check.

785boats
07-05-2014, 04:23 PM
I've left mine on 'Auto' works fine for both D & Y wind motors.