PDA

View Full Version : I Might need a new Transmitter, what should I get?

Tom899
07-03-2014, 06:01 AM
Hello everyone, It's possible I may need a new Transmitter to replace my Tactic 2.4GHz TTX240 that came with my Revolt 30. I'll find out for sure this Saturday.

If I do, what do you suggest I get? Maybe a Futaba? What will work seamlessly and be a good quality upgrade?

Thanks,
Tom

siberianhusky
07-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Any of the name brands are pretty much equal in performance, Choose what is available locally and has the features you need/want.
Most of the pistol radios are loaded full of features we never use in boats, to be honest about the only feature I use is servo reversing.
After years of Futaba I switched over to Spektrum just because of the waterproof receivers, I'm happy with it.
I just can't get with the bargain basement radios, couple guys around here run with them, not sure why they are constantly fiddling with the radios settings, I just switch my model number to the boat I'm running and go. Every time they switch boats they seem to have to redo trims, reversing etc. Plus I've seen both the 2 and 3 channel radios glitch out at less than stellar range.
I'm not sure but I think the cheap radios "remember" the RX it's bound to but don't remember the actual settings for that RX, no idea and really don't care. Too much money wrapped up in boats to buy the cheapest radio I can find. Not going to complain about spending 40$ for a receiver as opposed to 6$ when I'll spend over 200$ for a pair of 2s batteries for the same boat! (these are Canadian battery prices, we get screwed!)

Tom899
07-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the information.

Tom899
07-06-2014, 08:09 PM
I got a Futaba 3PL 3-Channel 2.4GHz FHSS Radio System, works great so far. I really like the digital settings, no need to worry about accidently turning any knobs.