PDA

View Full Version : Real cool battery tray and a nose job

high-tech
07-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Well the battery tray finally fell apart enough to make a new better one and I also did some reinforcement in the nose cuz I smacked the bottom of the lake so hard one time it split the nose a little on one side. It's so easy to fix, I bought a pound of 1/4" chopped strand fiberglass. I then mixed and poured a small mixing cup of epoxy finishing resin in the nose of the boat and rolled it back and forth so the epoxy coated the whole seam on both sides of the nose, just the seam and not all of the orange area. I poured a small mixing cup full of the chopped fiberglass down in the nose and rolled it around again and coated the resin with the fiberglass and let that setup a little and pour a little more resin down in there and coated the area again so that all the little fibers are soaked with epoxy... I also added a thrust bearing as I've noticed a significant amount of end play in the motor shaft that wasn't there when the boat was new. It goes a lil faster and the motor is nice and cool and I'm running in the summer here in Tucson.