PDA

View Full Version : Issue with a seaking 180a esc

TheShaddix
06-24-2014, 03:19 AM
Hey all,

I'm having a small problem with my seaking esc's and TP 4050 motors. Everything was great initially, i hooked it up, ran the boat for quite a while. The next day I went to run it, one of the motors wouldn't spin as fast (initially) as the other one, causing the boat to roll and/or turn. I switched the motors and esc's and the motors are fine, so it's one of the esc's that's the problem. The timing is set to 15, cell count at 6s. Not sure what happened to it. It did get wet though, would that cause this kind of behavior?

Fluid
06-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Water and electronics do not mix, that might be the OP's problem. The first thing new FE boaters should concentrate on is not making their boat go faster, but keeping it dry inside. This can be done with almost any boat if the boater cares enough to go to the effort to do it. Otherwise they will be doomed to experience regular electronic failures due to water in the boat. ESC failures due to water are far more common than most will admit....

TheShaddix
06-24-2014, 01:39 PM
I can't seem to get the water out. It sips through the stuffing tubes no matter what. I'm using the correct brass tubes and liners and a decent amount of grease after every few runs. I'm not new to boating, and I'm not chasing speed either. I just want a reliable boat that goes 80-85 mph. So is the esc done for then? Or can it be somehow fixed?

grsboats
06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
this esc can do more than 80-85mph for sure BUT it's not happy with water getttin in touch with it.Check if your stuffing box seals well the strut otherwise water will enter there and the flexshaft will lead it to the interior of your boat.To prevent this problem I use to solder a piece of KS tube that fits the stuffing box and also enters 1/4" the front of the strut.Also check if your shaft bushing is good! Hope this help! Gill

KillerDave
09-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Hey, I had a similar problem, turned out to be a crack in the board!
All of my electrics are sealed with an electrical lacquer, I give it a good coating, let it dry and go at it again....
No water gets in!...

BTW, how much water gets in the boat? I get a little but not much... unless it's dead in the water but it's usually upside down anyway! Lol...