PDA

View Full Version : Not too happy with philly123

ls1fst98
06-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Purchased a used sv27 motor, or so I thought I did. Said he couldn't get the collet off the motor, I said it doesn't bother me, it was in the pic so I assumed it was included. Then he said he took the armature out or tried to and scratched up the motor. Said take pics, if it's not affecting the use of the motor, then take pics and we can work something out. He said he would. The next day I asked about the pics, he said motor is now in the trash. Said he transfered money and will refund my $35. It has now been a week since the initial purchase, and stupid me, trusting our members I sent the money as a gift. My fault on that and that will never happen again. I've never had an issue on here but I guess with the sudden influx of new members take this as a warning to never ever send it as a gift to anyone here ever again. Especially new members. That I take full responsibility for. Hopefully he steps up and makes this right soon. He has other things for sale on here, I would hate to see someone else get burned.

Fluid
06-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Sending money as a gift is against PayPal rules anyway, and Steven strongly recommends against it. But the seller said he transferred the money on the night of the 19th, and he clearly stated that takes 3 - 5 days. Give it time before you get too upset or encourage others to boycott his sales.....

ls1fst98
06-22-2014, 07:16 PM
I never said boycott his sales, just said be careful. And if he knew something was wrong why did je transfer the money i sent out of pay pal right away. it's just very fishy when no pics were given after he said he would, took armature out to remove a collet?? It all throws red flags for me.

Alexgar
06-22-2014, 07:34 PM
I never said boycott his sales, just said be careful. And if he knew something was wrong why did je transfer the money i sent out of pay pal right away. it's just very fishy when no pics were given after he said he would, took armature out to remove a collet?? It all throws red flags for me.

I agree it ISS a pita to take money from pp account unless using a pp debit card I don't know the.situationso I won't speculate. Hopefully all will work out

philly123
06-22-2014, 10:59 PM
Are you serious right now. I told you that i tried to remove the collet, i applied to much pressure and the motor came apart. I then told you that I couldnt in my right mind sell you the motor in that condition. (It was an accident and *!***!***!***!** happens) You then went on to pressure to me sell you the motor anyway. However my pops had thrown the motor out when i was at work because I told him it was ruined the night before. I did nothing wrong here and I shouldnt even refund you for starting this thread. I have 100% positve feedback on multiple threads with 20 plus sales. Check out Rctech. you got some balls pal. And what I do with the money after you send me a payment is not your business in any which way shape or form. After seeing this I don't think I want to refund to teach you a lesson. How can you post this behind my back when I did nothing wrong. Also after i told you the money takes a few days to hit my bank account and then a few to come back in you decide to post on the my thread two days later to make me look like an idiot. Oh and ps you sent the money as a gift on your own will I never asked you to. Get the facts straight before you make yourself look any more immature.

kfxguy
06-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Stuff happens op. Heck, I had to refund a guy a few days ago because he wanted me to test the esc in the boat by driving it. Got wet. Fried esc. I explained to him, and promptly refunded. We have no hard feelings. Stuff happens. Paypal is weird, I've refunded people and they usually get it instantly but sometimes if they used a credit card it takes a few days.

philly123
06-22-2014, 11:20 PM
I just started trying to sell a few things on here and im already sick of it. I finally had a potential buyer for my super g and guys had to intervene and piss him off and i never heard back from him. its been nothing but bs.

And I'm under the sudden influx of new member category ? Please dude I've been on the drivers stand since I was sporting huggies lol

Doug Smock
06-22-2014, 11:32 PM
Keep it on the surface please. Won't ask again fellas.

philly123
06-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Yea, Im definitely sorry about ranting on but I'm just extremely annoyed.

Doug Smock
06-22-2014, 11:39 PM
It sounds like a misunderstanding. Please work it out in a PM then revisit this thread.

Thanks guys

ls1fst98
06-23-2014, 06:21 AM
here is what you said about the motor, straight from pms. i never said anything about you asking ot send it as a gift adn i took full responsibility for that one. just make it right and we are good. ill post a positive thing. i also never pressured you, i was being understanding of something. and said we could work something out. i have the pms to prove it.....

from you the day after i paid..... "hey i got bad news. I went to take the collet off the motor and it was stuck. long story short the motor is not in good shape so i cant sell it to you in that condition. Ill be switching the money back into my account and refunding you in full in a few days. sorry about that. "

my reply "what's stuck? Will the threads not back out on the set screw? Would you do a partial refund and sell me th motor as is? "

your reply "I tried to take the cap off the get the stator out and it didnt work out so its kinda scratched up. I can send you pics tonight if you want "

my reply "if you could that'd be great. See if we can work something out "

9 hours later, i had to send this at 845pm "Any luck on pics? "

then got this as a reply. "Hey sorry the motor got thrown out yesterday. ill be refunding soon. just have to transfer the money back into paypal once its in my account "

so i did not pressuring, just tried to work something out that could suit both of us.

Luck as a Constant
06-23-2014, 07:46 AM
Why would anyone have to "wait" for the money to deposit into their account before refunding money via PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philly123
06-23-2014, 09:17 AM
The point is, is that there was no reason for you to start a thread bashing me. Regardless of what you were trying to do "telling everyone to be careful of me" it doesnt matter. I sold you something. I broke it on accident. Then told you it was my fault so I was going to fully refund you once the money is back in my account. Nothing fishy here if you ask me.

Luck- If you transfer money to a bank account it takes 3-5 days then if you transfer back it takes another 3-5 days. The money shouldve been in my account this morning but its not so ill check back later

So, with that said..explain to everyone out in the open that I did nothing wrong and you will gladly be refunded.

Luck as a Constant
06-23-2014, 09:37 AM
I understand that money takes a couple of days to get into your account, but how does that stop you from immediately refunding him?
Paypal him the money back, then it gets deducted from your account. I don't get it. Does it "have" to be the specific money he sent you? Can't you just pay him with your own money and wait for his money to deposit to your account?
You aren't losing any money that way.... What's the difference...

philly123
06-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Well seeing as I dont have a balance in my paypal that is not really possible. I dont keep money in my account.

ls1fst98
06-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Issue the refund and I will be more th an happy to say you stood up and took care if the issue. I said that. I'm a man of my word.

Luck as a Constant
06-23-2014, 11:30 AM
Well seeing as I dont have a balance in my paypal that is not really possible. I dont keep money in my account.

You don't need a balance to send money. It will automatically deduct from your account.

ls1fst98
06-24-2014, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the refund, god luck in the future.

airman66285
07-18-2014, 12:18 PM
My dealings with Philly123 were excellent. His communication was right on and I received everything better than expected. I would buy from him again for sure.

RC fetish
07-26-2014, 02:55 AM
I hear ya' bud.... "there's always one in the crowd" :doh:
(I'm dealing with one' myself right now)

I just started trying to sell a few things on here and im already sick of it. I finally had a potential buyer for my super g and guys had to intervene and piss him off and i never heard back from him. its been nothing but bs.