PDA

View Full Version : Time for some R&D, friendly advice please.

Alexgtshp
06-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Hello to all, awesome forum, full of great info and equally great members. I've been reading the forums a while, don't contribute as anything I could help with seems to already be here in one form or another. On to business, I have a revolt 30, completely stock, it's been great fun and never had any trouble, not even the broken stock shaft. So I figure it's time to see how far I can push her, I have in my possession a castle 2650 and sidewinder 8 esc. I'm in the process of converting the esc to water cooling and have my cooling jacket for the motor. I also have a new 48x65 grimm racer. Question is, how will this combination work, I know it's impossible to tell for sure, but I'd appreciate any input from the experience here in the forum. I plan to run the stock 4s, if it seems stable I'll try 6s. Can't see myself trying more or the boat itself handling any more than that. Thank you in advance for any help.

srislash
06-22-2014, 11:08 AM
4s will be pushing things for that motor. I run my 2650 on 3s in my hydro for sport. That is common kv/cell count for 'riggers' or hydros. I would keep a small prop to start. Not sure how the Sidewinder will take it either.

I can't find the prop mentioned anywhere BTW.

Fluid
06-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Way too much prop. That hull will only go so fast regardless of how much power you put in it. Stick to props like an x440 with that motor, at least at first. You may find that is too fast for the hull design, but you are slightly less likely to burn things up finding out.

BTW 6S will blow up within 50 feet of the shore.....

Alexgtshp
06-22-2014, 01:55 PM
4s will be pushing things for that motor. I run my 2650 on 3s in my hydro for sport. That is common kv/cell count for 'riggers' or hydros. I would keep a small prop to start. Not sure how the Sidewinder will take it either.

I can't find the prop mentioned anywhere BTW.

Way too much prop. That hull will only go so fast regardless of how much power you put in it. Stick to props like an x440 with that motor, at least at first. You may find that is too fast for the hull design, but you are slightly less likely to burn things up finding out.

BTW 6S will blow up within 50 feet of the shore.....

I see. Typo on my part, it is 45x68. I appreciate the info. I thought about the 6s because I can run that setup in 4 and 6s in one of my electric cars. I'm guessing the amp draw is much different in a boat? would I be correct in assuming that the x440 is close to the stock 42x55?