PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico 24??

Bart
06-19-2014, 10:44 AM
I am going to post this in here, I posted in the larger boat forum, and nobody has chimed in, so maybe in here i will get more help...

I have a miss geico 24 that i bought last year, after sorting some issues out, i ended up burning up the stock motor....i have a few brand new titan 12t motors in my rc box that I am thinking of trying to put in the boat...my lhs doesn't really seem to know much about boats it seems...so my questions are:

1. is it worth putting the titan in? will it work better / worse then the dynamite motor that the boat came with? the shaft on the titan is a little longer, can i dremel that down, or is there a different couplar that i have to use?

2. if not that motor, what do you recommend to put thats a little better then the stock motor? I know this boat is not made for real speed, and i dont want that, but seems like it could handle just a tad bigger motor without issues. I only spent $150 for this boat, so really not looking to put more or even equal to that into it for a new motor and esc....so something economical would work.

:help:

Joseph Mastrosimone
08-11-2014, 01:51 PM
When I picked up my mg 24 it had the stock 50 amp esc with the titan motor. Guy said it ran well and had to put ballast in the front. I have yet to run it since I've had it. I have swapped out the steering drive for all the 29" hardware and am waiting for my 120 amp esc to come in so I can run 4s. I know the hull is not going to last too long though.

dontrinko
08-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I have the stock MG24 . With 2s lipo's it is fast enough to keep me happy. I suppose that if I had a bigger pond to play in I might want more speed. Don

msundsd5
08-12-2014, 04:00 PM
@ Bart........ Don't let anyone tell you that Hull is not that great or won't last long. I have a Miss Geico 24 that I have modified as well with upgrading to the BJ29 hardware in the back along with upgrading to a brushless set up and it is riding at 56mph which is insane for that boat and to many "Should have been impossible". I have had this hull for about 6 months and the hull last better than some of the fiberglass boats I have that the hulls have split. I even have bumped racers when drag racing this boat doing speeds over 50 mph and it came in with out a scratch. If you want to go fast for a cheap price this boat is awesome! I also made some battery trays for it....... I love this boat and it cost hundreds of dollars less than any of the other boats I have!!! Here is a video of it riding so you can see what i'm saying. I painted the back end blue and put some decals on it but its a Miss Geico 24.... LOL.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lvg-ZATPQ

dontrinko
08-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Imo, amost boat hulls are fine IF you do not hit things. I have rc cars also, same thing. Don

Bigsnaff
11-16-2014, 12:55 PM
@Bart: I have a Miss Gieco 24 also and I wanted to get speed and go brushless and do it on the cheap, so I bought a used 1500kv proboat motor and 45amp proboat esc (old style so you can run 4s), and I've been having a blast ever since. You can find both pretty cheap used. She runs cool and happy on 4s in that configuration. Good luck!

Jpatte53
12-15-2014, 07:53 PM
What is the best thing to do to add ballast to the bow of the boat. I can't seem to keep it down. I know when it is running it will be faster with less boat in the water but I have to accelerate so slow because I will flip the boat too easily