PDA

View Full Version : Revolt stock motor shaft bent advice

Bking1340
06-10-2014, 06:04 AM
Good day all

I have recently ordered a Aquacraft Revolt 30 from Omnimodels.
The problem I have is that there are a lot of up/down and sideway movement at the coupler/flex shaft – The movement can be seen when turning the prop by hand and the motor mounts are also moving around.
I thought it was the aquacraft flex shaft or coupler, but I ordered a upgraded flex shaft and octura coupler from offshoreelctric (Received yesterday). The same problem.
So this morning I installed my receiver and removed coupler/flex shaft from motor and gave it some throttle – When giving about 10% throttle, you can see that the motor shaft are wobbly/running off center.
The alignment between motor and stuffing tube are 100% - the upgraded ose flex cable slides in like butter.

Any advice?

high-tech
06-22-2014, 04:27 PM
Sounds like you got a bent shaft and if so time to replace the motor...

tlandauer
06-22-2014, 05:08 PM
I do believe he has this taken care of: http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?47008-Aquacraft-motor-shaft-bent

Mike Caruso
06-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Fix everything first then get into the water and have trouble free fun. Do you have the upgrade drive shaft?, Cut off deans connectors and install 5.5m's on the battery and esc. Align the prop shaft parallel with the hull bottom and .400" up from bottom. Sharped rudder and round off bottom no flat which will make the boat run wet (slow) and keep the back side of the rudder sharp. last thing is sharpen and Balance the props before you run them. Gongrats on new boat.

Bking1340
06-24-2014, 03:28 AM
Yes everything are good to go - just waiting for my replacement motor. OSE flex/octura coupler are waiting for the new motor. Have sharpened the rudder and rounded at bottom. Water pickup are bigger from the factory. I just need to balance and sharpen prop before maiden. Using EC5 connectors