PDA

View Full Version : software upload for swordfish 300 esc

Gary
06-08-2014, 01:46 PM
I am having a problem uploading the Swordfish 300 amp esc disc to my computers. I have four in the house and they all say I need a 64 bit of DP inst.exe. Any ideas? My sons computer will see the disc and show the manuel {directions} but will not load the program part.My other computers will not even show there is a disc in it. Any ideas? I do have windows 7 as well.Thanks.

oscarel
06-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Try this http://www.hifei.com/#!download/cgpq

photohoward1
06-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Load to any drive but the c:/ drive

klauskra
06-13-2014, 05:10 AM
Hi
Got the same problem, 64 bit software of win 7, doesn´t take this version of hifei swordfish...
Tried even the link above, but its the same version like that on cd.
Gonna contact the seller.

Mad Racer
06-13-2014, 05:25 AM
Yep I have the same problem with my PC running Widows 7.

In the instructions it states do not load to C drive if you have Windows 7. So what do you do then??? C drive is your hard drive. I see. it is installed but nothing happens

Amazing!

klauskra
06-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Gonna try on the old PC...

klauskra
06-13-2014, 06:03 AM
i got harddrive split into "C" and "D", perhaps I can install on "D"

klauskra
06-13-2014, 06:11 AM
ok, on old pc, the software is installed, but do not have the boat with esc at home today, is to a friend. he made mods on it. I`ll write tomorrow.

rickwess
06-13-2014, 08:59 AM
It's not that you can't install on your C drive, just don't install it in the default "Programs (x86)" folder. Install it most anywhere else, say in your RC Boat folder. You will still get the "64 bit of DP inst.exe" message so once the install is complete go into the "HiFei v4.x" and run the application "CP210xVCPInstaller_x64".

Gary
06-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Well I gave up and bought the program card. It will only show peak values but I will live with it.

drwayne
06-15-2014, 07:22 PM
buy yourselves a 4Gb USB drive .. once plugged in it has it's own drive letter assigned ..
install the software there....
btw .. USB2.0 drives are native at 32bit :smile:

Gary
06-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Got it all working but do not like this controller at all. Motor sounds very strained when first hiting the throttle, power is down across the board, shows spikes of 508 amps when normally around 350-375,according to castle readings, no reverse which is a real pain sometimes trying to line her up and overall a quirky unit. My Caste 240 units where Sooo much smother, easyer to work with and overall just better. If they only could handle more power when castle came out with them. Oh well.

oscarel
06-16-2014, 11:40 AM
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

drwayne
06-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Got it all working but do not like this controller at all. Motor sounds very strained when first hiting the throttle, power is down across the board, shows spikes of 508 amps when normally around 350-375,according to castle readings, no reverse which is a real pain sometimes trying to line her up and overall a quirky unit. My Caste 240 units where Sooo much smother, easyer to work with and overall just better. If they only could handle more power when castle came out with them. Oh well.

castle were so well received and popular they stopped production.
go figure.
Their plug and play ability saw many returned in little black chunks.. however when properly set they were indeed great.

Were Castle logging buffered mean averages, or actuals ....... the hifei logs spikes and all ..... you can edit the log to follow voltage drifts under load super handy info

reverse ? oh my ... yes I see a few benefits, but hardly worthy the applause.

stick with it .. when you have the setup right it will truly impress ...... :smile: