PDA

View Full Version : NEW JOYSWAY SILVERLINE 50 inch VEE runs on 8s OUT OF THE BOX!!

BILL OXIDEAN
06-05-2014, 07:35 PM
Hello devout readers. The product review section is undeniably dominated by TFL boats.
I'd like to share with you something different. A new quality rtr that runs on 8s out of the box!!

Introducing the JoySway Silverline!!
At 50 inches look how she dwarfs my pirsuit. This boat hits 60 Right out of the box!!
Joysway makes amazing boats, and their power systems that come stock are undeniably some of the most robust in an rtr boat.
She comes stock with a motor that is OEM by Leopard, and a Hobbywig 130a HV ESC!

This boat will hit the water ASAP and I WILL have video. I REALLY like this boat and havent even run it yet!

Doby
06-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Looks kinda like the ProBoat mono that came out a few years ago....

http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB2350

BILL OXIDEAN
06-06-2014, 12:52 PM
It certainly does! Just got off the phone with Darin Jordan about it. These companies get stuff oem from china. This came directly from Joysway who does oem for many companies. This is an electric version and is Really nice.

785boats
06-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Too expensive for me. They're AU$1400.00 down here in Aussie land. Even buying from your site, with the exchange rate & freight, it's pretty much the same price.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-06-2014, 04:29 PM
I wish I knew a solution for that. Shipping to Au is Awfully expensive.

785boats
06-06-2014, 05:17 PM
Yep.
It's a cross we all have to bear down here.

flraptor07
06-06-2014, 09:01 PM
That is pretty nice for a RTR Bill...

tlandauer
06-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Bill, thanks for posting this, can't wait to see your video!
Nice boat to bring to a real big lake! :banana::banana: ( Yellow Stone Lake comes to my mind where every year I wished for a bigger boat) :w00t:

Alexgar
06-07-2014, 10:08 PM
motor size 56mm by what?

flraptor07
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
motor size 56mm by what?

I'm pretty sure I saw 5692 on their site.

osprey21
06-08-2014, 04:27 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw 5692 on their site.
That's what I read.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Here is a vid of her first run. Since then, I did some mild tuning, and she's doing over 60!

Enjoy:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5jk3Q7H-wc&list=UU44OwB6aOVyVRkhsT3PEq0g

BILL OXIDEAN
06-09-2014, 09:40 PM
With some modest tuning, she's doing about 60. This boat RIPS.
By far the most powerful rtr I've ever experienced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6F8nVyqDPY&list=UU44OwB6aOVyVRkhsT3PEq0g

tlandauer
06-09-2014, 09:48 PM
When I buy this boat, I will send her straight to you for dialing in... lol!
Thanks again for the vid.

tlandauer
06-09-2014, 09:51 PM
BTW, are you running 8s2p? Two banks of 4s ? :noidea:

srislash
06-09-2014, 10:45 PM

That looks good Bill, A nice size to handle the speed.

Doby
06-09-2014, 11:22 PM
I like the "radar arch/carrying handle" make getting it in and out of the water easier.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 01:42 AM
I like the "radar arch/carrying handle" make getting it in and out of the water easier.

Isn't it nice? I'm getting old, big boats are tough to launch under Any circumstances..
I like this boat guys. When you see it on 10s you're gonna FLIP!

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 01:49 AM
BTW, are you running 8s2p? Two banks of 4s ? :noidea:

Hi tlandauer, I'm running 8s1p, but am VERY curious about a 2p setup. I'm running her in a Grand Prix superboat race. I have 8-mos to develop her, and can I tell you, I don't believe I need do much to her? 10s2p will require a smaller prop for offshore. I'm seeing Way more speed as these batteries wake up. I saw a pass near 70 today on 8s1p. 10s may be too much though the power system will hold it. Its just too mean of a boat at that power. I don't wanna recommend 10s for the inexperienced. This boat is VERY powerful. No joke..

I get the 10s batteries wednsday, I'll post vid : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 01:51 AM
When I buy this boat, I will send her straight to you for dialing in... lol!
Thanks again for the vid.

T, all you need do is set the strut neutral, sharpen the prop, sharpen the rudder (which I havent done rudder yet)
This boat is SUPER nice guys. Like nothing I've experienced. My other sponsors have been telling me about these boats seeing them in HK

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Guys, get a load of the drive system. I'm BIG on drive systems. This is a first of its kind for me. A ball bearing flex support!
Guess what gents, she sports a ball bearing strut as well. That's a good look. Fast stuff I tell you..

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 02:12 AM
This is how I'm going about it with the batteries

cgd2175
06-10-2014, 03:33 AM
Bill what are the specs for the motor and prop???

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Motor is a Leopard 5692 and the CNC aluminum prop is approx 60mm The prop isn't labeled.
ESC is a Hobbywing HV 130

RandyatBBY
06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Wish we had a third so we could run on Sunday, I was a little let down that I hauled out my 41 cat to run with you and you pussed out.

flraptor07
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Bill, This thing is gonna be nuts on 10s. I don't think you've seen it's full potential on 8s yet.

Doby
06-10-2014, 01:26 PM
Kudos for them bringing out a big RTR mono....but sticker shock will probably keep most newbies away from it...when you add LiPos and chargers it all adds up.

$400.00 (ish) to get a Revolt (or similar) on the water can be a sticker shock to some as well just starting out.

Hey...how come the boats in the pics don't have the carrying handle the boats in the vids do??

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Wish we had a third so we could run on Sunday, I was a little let down that I hauled out my 41 cat to run with you and you pussed out.

Easy tiger! I thought you said we weren't running the class, plus I had to work champ!
The race on the 22nd, its on! I won't "Wuss out" on you guys : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 02:35 PM
Bill, This thing is gonna be nuts on 10s. I don't think you've seen it's full potential on 8s yet.

Flaptor, I think you're ABSOLUTELY right. I think 10s may be too much. The system will hold it, and the boat will too, but thats just too fast. I believe I saw a 70mph pass on 8s

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Kudos for them bringing out a big RTR mono....but sticker shock will probably keep most newbies away from it...when you add LiPos and chargers it all adds up.

$400.00 (ish) to get a Revolt (or similar) on the water can be a sticker shock to some as well just starting out.

Hey...how come the boats in the pics don't have the carrying handle the boats in the vids do??

There are different target markets. This boat has a great price point. The beauty of this boat is that a person is getting everything they want in a stock package as opposed to other pupular chinese brands on here.
Buy say a Pirsuit, and the first thing the owner wants to do is put a Leopard, and a Hobbywing HV esc in it. They also have to upgrade the drive system, etc. The person ends up spending close to 800 anyway.
These boats asr LEGIT. Rock solid power system right out of the box, full ball bearing drive system, quality layup. A person would have No need to buy an upgrade motor or ESC. The response i'm getting on this boat is tremendous, I've already got 3 friends and family orders on deck. I'm filming an HD video this morning of her that is sure to impress anyone model boater or not.

The consumer that seems to desire this is the middle aged wterskier, or someone who lives on a big lake who wants a super fast BIG boat that blasts off reliably right out of the box. The kinda weekend warrior that after a few beers and some beckoning from his friends, he brings this unmatchable beast out and is Guaranteed to impress anyone..
There are many folks out there who would love to put out 700 once and be done with it. NO need for any upgrades. Legit running boat..

RandyatBBY
06-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Easy tiger! I thought you said we weren't running the class, plus I had to work champ!
The race on the 22nd, its on! I won't "Wuss out" on you guys : )

I knew you had to work just busting your balls, I can give your a little hard time. You should know I am just having fun. I am not TD.:mellow:

I did haul 25 pounds of gear for you to back out. You had the spare rig but no time for Sunday.

That joy sway looks good.

flraptor07
06-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Bill I agree, this thing is badass out of the box and plenty fast but most guys are like me. No matter how fast it is out of the box I'm still gonna try to make it faster! :lol:

BILL OXIDEAN
06-10-2014, 10:06 PM
Bill I agree, this thing is badass out of the box and plenty fast but most guys are like me. No matter how fast it is out of the box I'm still gonna try to make it faster! :lol:

My kinda guy : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-11-2014, 03:05 PM
I cant wait to do a 10s pass

flraptor07
06-11-2014, 09:24 PM
I cant wait to do a 10s pass
:laugh::popcorn2:

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 03:33 AM
:laugh::popcorn2:

Look no further, and every pass from the first will be doccumented.
I want you guys to see how an experienced SAW racer handles hot boat, first pass. Mind you, this isn't something I researched what folks did in Europe to achieve.
This isn't something measured, or calculated (this time) just good ol' instinct, and a bare bones RTR. I don't want to mislead you.
Sharpen the prop, set the strut at neutral, and deal with it.
I want YOU to see what comes of you opening the box, Oxidean tuning it, and FLASHING out.

Joysway is WELL known for ferociously fast boats Right out of the box. Well under rated.
She hasn't come in at more than 98 on anything on 8s, not PROMISING 10s is the solution, let's just see whatup..

My computer is tripping out not sure if it was the cats, or my woman trying to hack me, but it won't let me upload pics :tiphat: But..
I got the batts today, YES they're 25c, but we'll see what comes of that lol!?. Waiting for our strong cells to come in, they vanish so quick… :wink:

Definite vid today..
Plus likely a new computer : )

Doby
06-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Look no further, and every pass from the first will be doccumented.
I want you guys to see how an experienced SAW racer handles hot boat, first pass. Mind you, this isn't something I researched what folks did in Europe to achieve.
This isn't something measured, or calculated (this time) just good ol' instinct, and a bare bones RTR. I don't want to mislead you.
Sharpen the prop, set the strut at neutral, and deal with it.
I want YOU to see what comes of you opening the box, Oxidean tuning it, and FLASHING out.

Bill; nothing personal, but did you ever hear the expression:

"Self praise is no praise"

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 11:13 AM
I don't need anyone to "father" me. I'm not praising myself, only stating facts. Yes, I am an experienced SAW racer, and yes, I'm giving tuning advice on this boat, so Bill Oxidean the experienced SAW racer is giving folks advice on how to tune this boat in the fashion I always do. Some of you who heckle my posts would like people to Think I'm just a bragger who dosent know what he's talking about, but folks know the truth. My story hasn't changed : )
I write in a way that I feel relates to the end user, and tells them the real. That's Probably why I write for both rc boat publications. Anyone who doesn't like my style of writing, has the definite choice not to read it.
If I look like a braggart, let me destroy my career on my own, no need to try to publicly ridicule me, although that's tough to do..

The eliquent way to make a suggestion like that is through a private message. Way more affective, and far more respectful. Anything else is an attempt to tarnish..
Worry about the 50 TFL boats you guys post about constantly, and please allow my thread to be clean thank you, and now back to this wonderfully informative thread on the fastest electric RTR on the market : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 11:55 AM
One thing I recommend on this boat as with any RTR boat, is that you go in and tighten all of the screws, nuts, and bolts. They sometimes are not as "snug" as we would like : )

Doby
06-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Just the reply I was expecting....

Anyway, back to the boat in question.

I am looking forward to seeing what this boat does on 10S.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 01:06 PM
Just the reply I was expecting....

Anyway, back to the boat in question.

I am looking forward to seeing what this boat does on 10S.

I'll have some footage for you guys either this afternoon, or tomorrow. I want even the first pass filmed in case I end up dissentigtrating the thing with no proof of how it ran lol!
I admit, I'm kinda' scared of this thing on 10s..

T.S.Davis
06-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Holy smokes. Nice looking ride.

Any chance of this thread being about just the product? Prefacing advice with qualifications is a waste of band width.

This thing looks pretty sweet and should stand on it's own easily.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Absolutely. I'm very curious as to what it
Will do on 10s. We will know soon : )

martin
06-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Bill perhaps Joysway hulls will start to get the recognition that you & I know they deserve, cant wait to see the beast run on 10s. Fingers crossed it survives.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Drumroll : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Well, I guess since Martin is involved I can get out there and make a few passes this afternoon : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Martin is one of my favorite FE guys..

ron1950
06-12-2014, 08:07 PM
ok bill so where is the vid of 60mph did I miss it or what? also 10s vid man that's a hand full of boat going that fast lol

BILL OXIDEAN
06-12-2014, 08:12 PM
I saw a 60 pass in the vid, 10s tomorrow morning : )

flraptor07
06-12-2014, 08:13 PM
ok bill so where is the vid of 60mph did I miss it or what? also 10s vid man that's a hand full of boat going that fast lol
Ron, 1st page posts 12 and 13..

ron1950
06-12-2014, 09:00 PM
found it thanks much better speed wise for sure

jaike5
06-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Hi Bill,
how is the quality of the drive line and parts, and installation/alignment of drive line to be able to handle 10s, to be able to survive more than one or two seasons, assuming regular maintenance is being done ?
Cheers, Jay.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi Bill,
how is the quality of the drive line and parts, and installation/alignment of drive line to be able to handle 10s, to be able to survive more than one or two seasons, assuming regular maintenance is being done ?
Cheers, Jay.

Hi Jay, the driveline equipment is UNMATCHED. Not only a full ball bearing strut, but a Ball bearing shaft support (never before seen). Shaft itself is welded.
I'd say driveline is the best part of this boat : )

martin
06-13-2014, 01:02 PM
I understand that the flex is also a beefy 6mm (im sure Bill can confirm its 6mm). The same diameter Joysway use on their 26cc gas Silverline.

T.S.Davis
06-13-2014, 01:08 PM
I do like that they went with brand name electronics. Stuff we have actually heard of. Eliminates that unknown factor a bit.

mappo
06-13-2014, 01:36 PM

That's a great vid. Bill.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 04:23 PM
Here she blows gentlemen. Silverline on 10s
Mind you, I had her running wet as all heck.
Me likes : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgXrtnm8k6M&list=UU44OwB6aOVyVRkhsT3PEq0g

capnswanny
06-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks for sharing the videos of that sexxy machine (I meant the boat :)

Question for you Bill, how's that 130A ESC holding up on 10S?
Did you happen to check the temps after the 8s and 10s runs?

Thanks,
Corey

D. Newland
06-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Wil, I really hate doing this, but you said you want to help/promote the hobby. My advice: Don't run that boat at that pond anymore. You had waterfowl scared in the first video, and people scared in the second. The 4 inches of pond barrier will not keep that boat contained in the pond if it hits shore.

I sure hope the Rx was in a water tight compartment for that second run, as I cringed when I saw the "no hatch" shot. Especially since you put both runs on YouTube as promotion. Delete the vid's and get a more responsible video to promote that boat, as it does run very well (on 8S...).

That's how you can help/promote the hobby.

martin
06-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Bill did you use the stock prop for 10s or a smaller prop.

Doug Smock
06-13-2014, 05:40 PM
I agree and was going to say something very similar till I saw your post David.
Very irresponsible Wilmer, and you should know better!!:olleyes:

No floatation in the hatch??

martin
06-13-2014, 05:43 PM
To answer the question about running with the hatch off re rx getting wet, the Silverline uses a gas or nitro boat type radio box set in the rear of the hull that is watertight. It contains the rx, servo & rx pack.

Doby
06-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Why no hatch? Messes up the aerodynamics with it?

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Cheese wiz! What ever happened to "Nice vid"? LoL! That boat was in Full control. How can I say this without sounding areogant. I run radio controlled models far more than average. I'm very used to going fast at that lake. Sorry if the vid scared you, no animals were harmed in the making of this, or any of my vids. Thanks for the feedback.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 08:10 PM
Just watched the vid again, and saw nothing dangerous or out of the ordinary. Again, sorry if it offended anyone.

Doby
06-13-2014, 08:19 PM
so why no hatch?

cgd2175
06-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Excellent I like that boat...going to order.
The prop is the same at 10s?
I also have the Atomik 58 is a blast!!!
I owe the video of the Cat in other threat...just finishing some details.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Excellent I like that boat...going to order.
The prop is the same at 10s?
I also have the Atomik 58 is a blast!!!
I owe the video of the Cat in other threat...just finishing some details.

Same prop kind sir!

Doug Smock
06-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Just watched the vid again, and saw nothing dangerous or out of the ordinary.

I wonder if the parks Director would see it the same way?
How many guys run there, or is it just you that could loose the site?
Are you running under NAMBA's insurance?

cgd2175
06-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Thank you...you got it running very smooth without the need of trim tabs. Probably the hull is also well designed ..Nice work!!!

Doby
06-13-2014, 08:55 PM
so why no hatch?

...........................??

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 09:07 PM
I wonder if the parks Director would see it the same way?
How many guys run there, or is it just you that could loose the site?
Are you running under NAMBA's insurance?

One couldn't help but question the motives of someone over 5000 miles away that would concern them self about a lake that they are not paying taxes on, and will never run on in their life. No, it's not under NAMBA insurance, or any other sanction Meaning: An arangutang can run a 58 inch twin gas cat if he so pleases. A 3 toed tree sloth can run a boat there if he gets a wild hair. Calling the parks Director is just a way of trying to spoil my fun, and others who run here.

capnswanny
06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Bill, how that 130A ESC do on 8s and 10s. Did you get temp readings on it?
Thanks,
Corey

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 09:25 PM
One couldn't help but question the motives of someone over 5000 miles away that would concern them self about a lake that they are not paying taxes on, and will never run on in their life. No, it's not under NAMBA insurance, or any other sanction Meaning: An arangutang can run a 58 inch twin gas cat if he so pleases. A 3 toed tree sloth can run a boat there if he gets a wild hair. Calling the parks Director is just a way of trying to spoil my fun, and others who run here.

Bill, how that 130A ESC do on 8s and 10s. Did you get temp readings on it?
Thanks,
Corey

I will get some Temps for you tomorrow : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Sorry, for some reason it quoted my previous message
I will get some temps tomorrow : )

kfxguy
06-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Wil, I really hate doing this, but you said you want to help/promote the hobby. My advice: Don't run that boat at that pond anymore. You had waterfowl scared in the first video, and people scared in the second. The 4 inches of pond barrier will not keep that boat contained in the pond if it hits shore.

I sure hope the Rx was in a water tight compartment for that second run, as I cringed when I saw the "no hatch" shot. Especially since you put both runs on YouTube as promotion. Delete the vid's and get a more responsible video to promote that boat, as it does run very well (on 8S...).

Where's the like button when you need one?

kfxguy
06-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Btw...what happened when it stopped in the middle of the pond? The esc burn up?

Maybe I'm out of line here, but all these boats everyone building here with 180 amp and up escs, smaller lighter hulls with smaller motors...less power and then this big Ole boat has a 120 a esc? What's up with that? Something I'm missing?

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 09:36 PM
I stopped the boat. Nothing shut down. Nice try though : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 09:38 PM
This boat runs Phenomenal for an rtr, I'm very pleased with it. One of my favorite boats by far : )

kfxguy
06-13-2014, 09:38 PM
See my other post above.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 09:42 PM
I believe you did miss something. First, it's a 130 esc, and the esc in question is anything but small in comparison to the boat. Higher cell count stuff tends to pull less amps than say a 1-cell or 2 cell setup. Not to say high cell counts Can't pull big amps though..

kfxguy
06-13-2014, 09:42 PM
This reminds me of the rtr boats like the spartan, impulse 31 etc that say on the box you can run 6s....and while you can....it just doesn't last long. I guess you'll find out on this one. Seems to me that 130a esc is a little on the small side for this.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 09:43 PM
130 amp esc : )

kfxguy
06-13-2014, 09:44 PM
I believe you did miss something. First, it's a 130 esc, and the esc in question is anything but small in comparison to the boat. Higher cell count stuff tends to pull less amps than say a 1-cell or 2 cell setup. Not to say high cell counts Can't pull big amps though..

Oops, I'm off by 10 amps. My bad. 130 amp still seems quite lowly for this boat. I'm fully aware that higher cell count could possibly yield lower amps. Still does not go in line with conventional wisdom.

Doby
06-13-2014, 09:45 PM
still wondering about the lack of a hatch.....

kfxguy
06-13-2014, 09:46 PM
still wondering about the lack of a hatch.....

Too much work maybe?

Doug Smock
06-13-2014, 10:10 PM

All hats off. Joe the model boater here.:wink:
You totally missed the point as usual. C' mon man get over the conspiracy theories and get real.

The motive is Model Boating Bill, the same motive David had when he posted.

Example:
If just one of those ladies that felt the need to step back calls the Parks Director and complains you (and whoever else that currently uses that site) will be looking for another place to run. Sites are VERY hard to find. Face it, most people in the parks view model boaters as a flies at their picnic.

What if's.
I know you are an experienced model boater, but accidents happen.
You can argue all you want, but if that boat runs away or comes undone, and it will, if it hasn't already, (Where is the hatch?) and seriously injures someone, what are you going to do?
The attorneys get involved, lay it on your home owners insurance (if you have it) and in the process find out your a NAMBA member, then go after those $$.
Do you think an accident at this site won't jeopardize what you guys have at Legg? I wouldn't take that bet. You think that boat or parts of it won't make it over that little wall? I wouldn't take that bet either.

Not to mention what could happen if the media gets involved. And that has the potential to affect us all. Step away from the "fun" a minute and think about it.

Everyone that runs a model boat should be concerned about this kind of thing.

Looking for one of the "cards" now.:smile:

Joe the model boater.:tiphat:

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Ought ya see what you guys look like bashing such an awesome boat lol!

Doby
06-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Hatch????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 10:36 PM
I just got an idea! Since this boat is getting such strong feedback, it sounds like Perfect material for my next huge magazine article. That way it can be shared with 100000 instead of 150 plus no one can throw rocks at it : )

Doby
06-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Don't think people are bashing the boat...

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm gonna try 12s : )
I'll do a prop change though..

capnswanny
06-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it!

Sorry, for some reason it quoted my previous message
I will get some temps tomorrow : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Capnswanny, your questions and enthusiasm are well received. Temps are valuable info, and healthy questions like this really help : )

kfxguy
06-13-2014, 11:14 PM
I'm on the outside looking in and I see a lot of self induced back patting, not seeing other people views and much more than normal self like. Lol. Like the person who goes around telling everyone it's his birthday today but if anyone cared, they would already know. Maybe tone your self spot light down a little? I think everyone here likes the boat tho. I'm just not understanding how I need a 200 plus amp controller in most of my boats and this one gets by on a 130 amp controller? Guys, we all must be doing something wrong!

And one more time...why no hatch?

BILL OXIDEAN
06-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Back to thread positivity, tonite I'm going to cut the rudder for more speed
: )

Doug Smock
06-13-2014, 11:27 PM
You totally missed the point as usual. C' mon man get over the conspiracy theories and get real.

Example:
If just one of those ladies that felt the need to step back calls the Parks Director and complains you (and whoever else that currently uses that site) will be looking for another place to run. Sites are VERY hard to find. Face it, most people in the parks view model boaters as a flies at their picnic.

What if's.
You can argue all you want, but if that boat runs away or comes undone, and it will, if it hasn't already, (Where is the hatch?) and seriously injures someone, what are you going to do?
The attorneys get involved, lay it on your home owners insurance (if you have it) and in the process find out your a NAMBA member, then go after those $$.
Do you think an accident at this site won't jeopardize what you guys have at Legg? I wouldn't take that bet. You think that boat or parts of it won't make it over that little wall? I wouldn't take that bet either.

Not to mention what could happen if the media gets involved. And that has the potential to affect us all. Step away from the "fun" a minute and think about it.

Bill, Joe the model boater here. Still no hats.
Some unanswered questions.^^^^^^^^^
Do I need to go back to the magazine thread and get a quote to remind you who you say you are?

Thanks,
J.

DPeterson
06-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Hey there Willie. You really are on the wrong forum. Check out Ilikemyself.com or maybe Ifeelmyself.com. I think these fit your persona much better.

Doby
06-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Hey there Willie. You really are on the wrong forum. Check out Ilikemyself.com or maybe Ifeelmyself.com. I think these fit your persona much better.

:thumbup1:

Now , about the poorly made hatch that must have been damaged during a flip or something else....as you are not addressing this question, we will have to speculate the reason its missing.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate it!

Definitely not a toy, nor suitable as a first boat. This is a powerful boat to say the least.
I adore this thing : )

capnswanny
06-14-2014, 01:29 AM
I play with them....definitely toys....for big boys (and girls ;)

A sexy boat for sure!

Definitely not a toy, nor suitable as a first boat. This is a powerful boat to say the least.
I adore this thing : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 01:34 AM
I play with them....definitely toys....for big boys (and girls ;)

A sexy boat for sure!

You must have a fun life capnswanny, friend me on facebook. You strike me as a good cat : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 01:53 AM
This boat is SO fun! Blasts off like a 747!
I can't WAIT to run this thing again. I have numerous places to run it. It's very welcome at the Gary Johnson Grand Prix Classic! It's a superboat race!!! Gas riggers, Electric tunnels, Any boat! Yes, that's right! An open class where any and every NAMBA legal boat can blast off on the roundie round course. I prefer a mono for this sort of clam bake..

: )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 02:55 AM

Dave, you're one HECK of a boater that gives me Solid advice whenever I ask you things, but in my defense to this post.
First, A flock of San Francisco PIDGEONS pecking at some stale sourdough especially On Shore (as the video clearly depicts) are hardly "waterfowl" by any definition of the group of species and last I checked? FAR from endangered lol!

Second, those women appeared Truly delighted at first pass. Granted, they had never seen, nor heard a "Toy" of that magnitude, anyone would take a step back heck, the thing makes ME flinch lol!

Ultimately, the lake I run at is second to none in the country. We have a model maritime museum on site with teather boats that date back to the 30's.
It is a tourist attraction, and well known in the community. There are guys running fast boats day in day out, and guess what? Not only do we have things under control, but the community, those women walking CHOOSE to walk, and be there to enjoy seeing the boats! This is how folks get into the hobby. Our lake thrives, no one is "surprized", "afraid", or in danger of the boats. It is a designated Model boat pond. Anyone there knows it, enjoys it, and we are FINE out here. In other words, people who choose to stroll around that lake are likely entertained by the boats being that its a designated lake for models, built specifically for them at the turn of the century before powerboats existed, I appreciate your genuine concern, but..
We got this : )

What folks DON'T see in the video is the time I took to ask folks not to throw bread in the water for a Number of reason, not only that it puts wildlife in danger of passing boats, fish and turtles surface for tidbits as well. Please consult me before insinuating someone who has bred and repopulated endangered species in the San Francisco bay region is harassing wildlife. I waited for birds to clear the water first.

Tomorrow morning, I'll give you guys a video tour of this wonderful place. A public lake that has a good 50+ boats on any given saturday or Sunday.
Dozens of spectators, merchants (food), a thriving RC community. Let it be. I'm well respected and received in this community : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 03:07 AM

Example:

What if's.

Hi Doug. You as well are a boater I respect, but..
Similar applies to this. Folks are there to spectate the boats.

We as a community have dealt with complaints, yet everything runs smooth.
I must say some of the "What if" riddle scenarios are a BIT far fetched lol!

An accident with an rc model can happen anywhere, at any time. Worrying about someone who clearly runs rc models at the extraordinarily high rate I do is raising concern unduly.
I stated in this thread that I am an experienced SAW racer performing these runs. Not all is interpreted as "Bragging". I will say it again, This is a powerful boat, but on its designated 8s, its nimble as a kitten.
May not be the best first boat, but second? yep : )

Doug Smock
06-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Interesting Bill.
Is this the park?
http://www.nps.gov/safr/index.htm
I'm thinking it's not, or maybe I missed the RC Community part.:confused1:

I'm very interested in how all of that was worked out Bill. I'd like to get something like that worked out here.
Do you know someone I could talk to. Or should I go with the contact information I have below.

California
Director
CA Department of Parks and Recreation
P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296
Tel: 916-653-6995

Recreation and Park Department
ph: (415) 831-2782
email: http://sfrecpark.org/ContactUs.aspx

Thanks,

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm not afraid Doug, and you will become very popular in the boating community around here trying
To ruin our lake. NOTHING you do will stop us, in fact, I'll stop by the parks department today lol! I'll be much more affective in person. I'll make sure to bring documentation of our program that puts at risk and under privileged kids on with rc boats. You will learn that California is Much more liberal than the south. You will not stop anything here. You are wasting your time, our parks are sorted. All those bougheys out there mean something that you will have a Hard time figuring out. I REPEAT THERE IS NOTHING IN THE WORLD YOU CAN DO TO SHUT OUR LAKE DOWN MARK MY WORDS.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm headed to go BLAST that sucker right now!! Batteries are charging. I need some better footage : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm going to ignore your nonsense Doug.
No matter WHAT you do, this San Francisco does Not have the time or resources to police this lake. It's left up to our community. What you're trying to do is downright dirty and anyone can see that. This lake has had fast boats for over a century. You're not gonna change a THING. I'm sure you'll do something sneaky, like produce a false complaint, I'll be sure to warn them about that too. I don't have time to counteract bs, but the office is ony way to my lady's so it's NOTHING for me to sticky head in the door to chat, as I've done many times : )

cgd2175
06-14-2014, 11:13 AM
This thread is for the park or for the boat?
Because these posts Im ordering one Joysway and also ordering motor and esc from OSE to convert my Proboat Hypersport to Brushless...everyone wins Atomik, OSE and also me as I like the hobby alot and learning from this forum... Please stop the personal opinions of each other, the only thing you are going to do is to make this thread closed and then I will loose as a user an reader of the forum.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 11:13 AM
After the video run on 10s, the batteries still had 75 percent left! This may just be one heck of a box stock S/T Offfshore raceboat!

kfxguy
06-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm going to ignore your nonsense Doug.
No matter WHAT you do, this San Francisco does Not have the time or resources to police this lake. It's left up to our community. What you're trying to do is downright dirty and anyone can see that. This lake has had fast boats for over a century. You're not gonna change a THING. I'm sure you'll do something sneaky, like produce a false complaint, I'll be sure to warn them about that too. I don't have time to counteract bs, but the office is ony way to my lady's so it's NOTHING for me to sticky head in the door to chat, as I've done many times : )

I'm sorry bud but your doing something I personally do not like. Your hiding facts. You think that us as experienced boaters are not going to pick up on your nonesense? I saw the boat stop in the middle of the pond. Did it thermal? Probably so because I heard you go to say something that didn't sound like you were happy about it. You also totally avoided the question about the hatch....about 4 times. Why? Did the super solid construction let it fly off and you lost it? Or are you running it with it off in hopes of cooling down the esc a little more? Your marketing this as a ready to run but with the hidden issues your having, i speculate your going to cause some issues. Think of it this way...your experienced right (well you claim you are anyway lol) imagine what would happen if this rtr were to get in the hands of a total noob and try to duplicate what your doing. I see a problem with that. All I ask is you stop hiding facts and be a little more real life and honest. Temp readings...I must have missed those too?

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Because these posts Im ordering one Joysway and also ordering motor and esc from OSE to convert my Proboat Hypersport to Brushless...everyone wins Atomik, OSE and also me as I like the hobby alot and learning from this forum... Please stop the personal opinions of each other, the only thing you are going to do is to make this thread closed and then I will loose as a user an reader of the forum.

Good for you! You will not be disapointed!
As you, and any other healthy reader can see, this is a Wonderful boat. Definitely the most powerful RTR on the market HANDS DOWN.
Solid running boat in fact, I'll get you guys some temps this morning! I'm done explaining anything about the park, I have only valuable and exciting videos and info for you guys : )

kfxguy
06-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Sir, the OP is hiding facts and trying to market a product to do something that's it's not capable of doing reliably. Some seem to be picking up on that. I feel that is deceiving us, which isn't right to me. The boat is great for what it is but he's playing it up just a little too much.

Luck as a Constant
06-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Cool boat. Too bad everyone in here is ruining the thread debating about other nonsense. Who started the debate anyways?

Thanks for the vid. Nothing wrong with what you're doing as far as I can tell, unless supporting the hobby is wrong -/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doug Smock
06-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Yep, it's my covert agenda to shut down model boating across the US. Starting in California.:olleyes:

The hours I spend annually at the local and National level with the IMPBA is just a front.:laugh:

I'll do my own research Bill, enjoy your day at the park.

Enough of the :icon_bs:

Back to work,

Joe

kfxguy
06-14-2014, 11:58 AM
Cool boat. Too bad everyone in here is ruining the thread debating about other nonsense. Who started the debate anyways?

Thanks for the vid. Nothing wrong with what you're doing as far as I can tell, unless supporting the hobby is wrong -/

I for one am not trying to ruin it. If you watch the vid's then read here things that were asked and he avoids the questions and instead just gives praise and comments like this is the best boat ever, most powerful boat ever etc.....you can draw your own conclusion as to what's going on here. Your a smart fella and I'm sure you'll see right through the bs too.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Batteries almost charged! I'm heading to the park soon to enjoy some more fast and exciting runs with a boat that is well proven to be the most reliable, with the most robust stock power plants : )

cgd2175
06-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Thank you for the input, first I am from Panama Central America and not fluently in English so sorry for my spelling.
So I'm going to use it in 8s form as is intended, but with all the respect to everyone here in this forum I don't know why everyone is strangulating Bill or if it is for the brand Atomik.
I have 3 products from Atomik and very happy with them, probably these products are not for the expert users but for the hobbyist like me, my personal results are a nice time in my local pond and beach.
So if he tries to put the boat in 10s or 12s and burn it is his problem, as I understand he is experimenting , and If I take the chance to do the same is my responsibility. I don't want people take a bad impression of me these are my personal thought the only thing I don't want is to get this thread closed and then don't have any place to consult setups for this boat.
I'm not an "expert" and not trying to be disrespectful to anyone, at the end everyone is in the right to write whatever you have in your mind.
Chris

Doby
06-14-2014, 12:26 PM
H.a.t.c.h. ????

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 12:27 PM

Thank you man.
I really appreciate this positive, and realistic view expressed.
I wil have more video this afternoon.

Luck as a Constant
06-14-2014, 12:46 PM
yeah man ill be watching. along with the haters lol....

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 01:27 PM
4 minute run on 8s
Motor 86 ESC 93 degrees ferenheit..

Next I'll get vid and temps on 10s : )
Btw, this thing is SCREAMING today..

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Just finished 10s video. Motor 93 esc 97 degrees!
Yep, she'll let me try 12s : )

Doug Smock
06-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Ah the hate card, I knew it would show up.:olleyes:

Let me TRY to explain this for those viewing the thread that don't know any better, or have failed to see the big picture.

There is a reason that race sites are set up like this.
It's not because we don't have anything better to do. It's to protect spectators, participants, the organizations, and the best interest of model boating.

I don't care who are, accidents happen. Any number of things can go wrong. To run a boat this size and speed in a park like this one with absolutely no regard for public safety is VERY irresponsible.

I have numerous places to run it. Hummm:doh: OK!

And that is what someone who is truly dedicated to promoting, and has the best interest of model boating in mind would do. He would run it at a venue that doesn't have the inherit risks that this site does. Too much to ask?? Really??

If you think that an accident anywhere in the country doesn't have the potential to cause you problems keeping or finding a place to run your model boats, you are sadly mistaken. The internet is a double edged sword.

Clearer now?:wink:

I am just one of many that is going to be sideways in the road if some yahoo with no common sense messes my hobby up for me.
Please use your heads out there fellas!!

Bill, again, just be who you say you are.:tiphat:

mappo
06-14-2014, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=BILL OXIDEAN;571014]Just finished 10s video. Motor 93 esc 97 degrees!
Yep, she'll let me try 12s : )[/QUOTE

Hey Bill! What size prop are you using on 8 and 10s?

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 02:14 PM
You're right Doug! I guess these boats can only be run at sanctioned races where there is a barrier fence!
lets be realistic. These boats are bought and run by a wide variety of users that run them in all sorts of places.
We get your point, its not going to change anything so would you please let this thread be informative and stop cramming freak accident scenarios by us?
Thank you : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=BILL OXIDEAN;571014]Just finished 10s video. Motor 93 esc 97 degrees!
Yep, she'll let me try 12s : )[/QUOTE

Hey Bill! What size prop are you using on 8 and 10s?

Hi mappo, I need to take my calipers to it, but I believe it to be a 60mm prop CNC aluminum.
I'm very impressed with the temps : )

Luck as a Constant
06-14-2014, 02:23 PM
This is the first thread I've ever seen derailed BY a mod.
Usually they are here to keep this from happening.

Well done.

tlandauer
06-14-2014, 02:30 PM
detailed or derailed?

Luck as a Constant
06-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Derailed with an "r"

Doug Smock
06-14-2014, 03:02 PM
You're right Doug!
We get your point,
Thank you : )

Thank you.:tiphat:

Doby
06-14-2014, 03:29 PM
h.a.t.c.h.?????

flraptor07
06-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Seems to me that this is more that someone has some sort of a personal issue with Bill rather than a problem with what he's doing with RC boats. I would think that if this is true, they should take it to him on a personal level instead of on a public forum. Just Sayin'

kfxguy
06-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Seems to me that this is more that someone has some sort of a personal issue with Bill rather than a problem with what he's doing with RC boats. I would think that if this is true, they should take it to him on a personal level instead of on a public forum. Just Sayin'

Man I'm sorry I don't think it is. He's not answering any questions that would reveal any sort of negativity of the boat, only posting the positives. To me, it's like false advertisement. Do by and I have asked numerous times why it was being run with no hatch. There is no real reason not to answer it unless it would bring out a negative trait of it. If it's a problem, shouldn't people that may buy it be aware and then be able to take precautions not not lose or break it? If bill would let us know what the deal with it was, that would help.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Thank you for pointing that out Flraptor.
This is very obvious to be true and it's gone on for years.
I don't let it get to me anymore, I just let them show their true motives while I continue sharing our passion in a healthy light. Anyone can go back and read this thread and understand what's happening. Some folks can't just be happy when certain others are seen in a positive light : )

kfxguy
06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Thank you for pointing that out Flraptor.
This is very obvious to be true and it's gone on for years.
I don't let it get to me anymore, I just let them show their true motives while I continue sharing our passion in a healthy light. Anyone can go back and read this thread and understand what's happening. Some folks can't just be happy when certain others are seen in a positive light : )

So where's the hatch dude? You keep avoiding that question. Your posting. Reading but avoiding. What's the deal yo?

BILL OXIDEAN
06-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Just a little insight for devout readers, I only answer questions that are asked/stated in a respectful, healthy manner. If any of the gentlemen who have been making a positive contribution ask anyrmthing, I will answer with the same respect : )

Doby
06-14-2014, 05:18 PM
Asked numerous times about the hatch....first time was polite and sincere...perhaps if one of your "devout" readers would ask we would find out.

kfxguy
06-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Any more vids?

kfxguy
06-15-2014, 01:24 AM
Here she blows gentlemen. Silverline on 10s
Mind you, I had her running wet as all heck.
Me likes : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgXrtnm8k6M&list=UU44OwB6aOVyVRkhsT3PEq0g

This video right here is the one I'm talking about. The boat just stops in the middle of the pond. (All other vids show yiu taking it out the water) Then if you listen he say "alright shut the Camara down" in a manner that sounds like something is wrong. Sorry, I'm no dummy bill. Something happened and your not fess in up. Nice try tho.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 01:36 AM
Hey guys! This boat is Stout. All the way up the ladder, she starts, stops, does whatever I ask : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 01:39 AM
The ESC has treated me like Gold. I accidentally shorted it, and she's still alive and well as you shall soon see from today's vid. This boat is SO awesome! We have a cat with the same power system. I'm getting one, and it's gonna be FAST. Wanna know why? Just watch my vids : )

kfxguy
06-15-2014, 01:41 AM
Hey guys! This boat is Stout. All the way up the ladder, she starts, stops, does whatever I ask : )

Where's the new vid's at? With the temps shown at the end in the video....unedited.

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 01:44 AM
These temps are good looking. Im Gonna do a pros/Cons post soon on this
boat : )

capnswanny
06-15-2014, 01:54 AM
I have to admit, I'm both surprised and impressed!
I would have expected this size boat and motor to push that ESC harder. Thanks for the stats.
I would be very interested to see logging on this setup if you ever get the chance.
I sure appreciate your enthusiasm for this hobby/sport and look forward to your next vids!
Thanks

Just finished 10s video. Motor 93 esc 97 degrees!
Yep, she'll let me try 12s : )

kfxguy
06-15-2014, 01:56 AM
These temps are good looking. Im Gonna do a pros/Cons post soon on this
boat : )

I'm looking forward to it. I really would like to see proof in a video on temps rather you just saying they are good. Thx

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Hi capswaynee I'll do something more direct and informative. The temps are great all day : )

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 02:30 AM
And capswanny, thanks for being positive on this thread Such a rad boat!! Everyone who's seen her run in person is IMPRESSED.

capnswanny
06-15-2014, 02:44 AM
I appreciate the information.....thanks!!

Hi capswaynee I'll do something more direct and informative. The temps are great all day : )

mappo
06-15-2014, 02:47 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I really would like to see proof in a video on temps rather you just saying they are good. Thx

Why on Earth are some of us so antagonistic about a guy and his boat on this forum? Are we just a bunch of minions with the proclivity towards other forum members!

capnswanny
06-15-2014, 03:40 AM
It takes all kinds...the trick is appreciating our values.
How boring would life be without it?!?

Why on Earth are some of us so antagonistic about a guy and his boat on this forum? Are we just a bunch of minions with the proclivity towards other forum members!

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 06:34 AM
You guys represent the truth. Actual model boaters who are interested in having a great time with whaat's out here : )

Doby
06-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Hatch??

Luck as a Constant
06-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Hatch??

The hatch went thru a wormhole into another dimension ok?

kfxguy
06-15-2014, 12:02 PM

I posted a sincere statement. Sorry but saying the temps area good all day dint cut it for me when I saw the boat shut down in the middle of the lake then the OP denied it. Then the OP refuses to answer the question that has been asked numerous times of where the hatch has gone. And to add to it, all he keeps posting a re these short little posts that says this boat is so great. Everyone loves it. It's the best in the world. Temps area good. Temps area great all day. I'm gonna post some more videos for you guys (still waiting on that). It's all just a bunch of bs and the ones taking up for him area buying his bs. Well I'm not.

Luck as a Constant
06-15-2014, 12:17 PM
You don't have to read the thread.

mappo
06-15-2014, 01:04 PM
The hatch went thru a wormhole into another dimension ok?

Hey do you have some morbid fascination with hatches?

Luck as a Constant
06-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Hey do you have some morbid fascination with hatches?

i have a morbid fascination with questions that never end

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 02:22 PM
i have a morbid fascination with questions that never end

Me too Luck. I wonder how long someone will repetitively ask something knowing I'm not going to address them.
My girlfriend is a psycologist and talks about this sorts of thing. Children who sit and bang their head against a wall, etc.
I'll find out the clinical term..

BILL OXIDEAN
06-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Here is the new video : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSRAnkHgIrw&list=UU44OwB6aOVyVRkhsT3PEq0g

Doug Smock
06-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Moderator hat back on.

Me too Luck. I wonder how long someone will repetitively ask something knowing I'm not going to address them.
My girlfriend is a psycologist and talks about this sorts of thing. Children who sit and bang their head against a wall, etc.
I'll find out the clinical term..

Guys it is clear that we are not going to get an unbiased review of this product.

What we have learned is:
It may be worth the asking price.
The ESC, with all of the on/off on/off during the videos, will probably do well in this application.
It would most likely corner better if it had a turn fin(s).
The hatch may require tape or some additional means of securing it, perhaps some reinforcement, and some floatation added.
If you run 10s with the stock prop the esc may thermal.
It does run well on 8s as designed.

Thanks for your time Wilmer.