PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA District 12 Race #3, Centreville, VA - June 27-29, 2014

Chilli
05-19-2014, 10:32 AM
The Capitol RC Model Boat Club will be hosting the UOSA Thunder on the Water VII, District 12 Race #3 the weekend of June 27-29 at our club pond in Centreville, Virginia. We had a great turn out last year and hope do attract even more racers this year. We've got a class for just about every boat but if you want to add a class and can round up enough troops to make a three boat minimum, LMK and we'll take care of you. We have a moderately priced hotels close to the pond and Bull Run Regional Park can take care of any campers. Sign up is via www.rcracingevents.com You can pay via PayPal or mail us a check after registering online.

don ferrette
05-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Tried to enter, it's not acknowledging what classes you choose.

Chilli
05-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Thanks Don. I'll Check it out.

Chilli
05-20-2014, 09:10 AM
She's fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

Chilli
05-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Well I fixed the problem with my race last night so folks can enter but RC Racing Events is currently having some problem. Will advise when the site is back up.

Chilli
05-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Okay folks, Bill has gotten RC Racing Events back on line so feel free to sign up. Trophys for first place if we can get 100 entries two weeks prior to the race.

don ferrette
05-21-2014, 01:27 PM
I'm in! :banana:

Chilli
06-16-2014, 03:30 AM
Less than two weeks to go until the race. We did pretty good getting allot of early entries but unfortunately we didn't make our goal of 100 boats two weeks out so trophies for Novice and High Points only. We've got 80 boats entered so far with full heats + in all the gas classes except Rigger. The only classes I see in jeopardy of not running are Open Tunnel and Open Nitro/FE Mono. There are a few other classes that are below the three boat minimum but I'm expecting the typical flood of last minute entries to get us above the three boat minimum in those classes. Larry from the Baltimore Club asked for a separate Nitro 1/8th scale class for his folks. I told them yes on the stipulation they must also run in the combined Nitro/FE 1/8th scale class.

That's about it folks. Entries close a week from Tuesday at midnight. The club will have a BBQ lunch available on on Saturday for $5 a head and we'll have something for you guys to munch on Sunday as well. Nothing fancy on Sunday. Just something quick and easy so we can work through lunch and get you out of here early Sunday afternoon.