PDA

View Full Version : Thread view count

Ken_NJ
05-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Any particular reason why the thread view count is only one above the replies? I'm sure the view count should be much higher than what they are showing. Not all threads seem this way.

Luck as a Constant
05-18-2014, 08:07 AM
my thread count thingy reads zero. some features of this site don't work well.
email notification for example. sometimes its hours later that i receive the email notification.

tlandauer
05-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Any particular reason why the thread view count is only one above the replies? I'm sure the view count should be much higher than what they are showing. Not all threads seem this way.

my thread count thingy reads zero. some features of this site don't work well.
email notification for example. sometimes its hours later that i receive the email notification.

This has always puzzled me, there was a short period of time last yer when the OSE's Forum was updated that the view count seemed to reflect real time change. I like to know as well.
There are some threads with high count, I have come to the conclusion that either you have to be a record holder/master builder or a crazy guy whose writing would cause everyone to jump on you and the moderators are constantly knocking on your door!:roflol: :just-kidding:

Ken_NJ
08-22-2014, 09:36 PM
Not sure if its fully working or not but the View count took a huge jump.

tlandauer
05-29-2015, 04:16 AM
Not sure if its fully working or not but the View count took a huge jump.
Not any more.
Further more, no e mail notification on either PM or participated threads. , Not in my SPAM folder either. :noidea:
Good thing my boat is going to come tomorrow , :w00t: hopefully that will take my mind off this subject. :lol::lol::lol:

T.S.Davis
05-29-2015, 08:16 AM
I thought the email notification thing was just me. I don't get them either.

kevinpratt823
05-29-2015, 09:32 AM
I got 2 email notifications of pm's yesterday, both in a timely fashion......

T.S.Davis
05-29-2015, 09:35 AM
Just checked my settings. Nothing weird in there.

Diegoboy
05-29-2015, 12:50 PM
I found the setting for the thread view update. It's set to update once an hour. Here is the message from the setting.

Option to update thread views immediately, or once an hour. If you have a large forum, you will probably want to disable immediate updates, since they are quite server intensive.

tlandauer
05-29-2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks for looking into this. The view counts on my end have been the same for months now, my speculation was the same reason as given by your findings.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Ken_NJ
07-05-2015, 12:20 AM
Looks like the view counts stopped working again.