PDA

View Full Version : Drive inside your own FE

ace028
08-09-2008, 08:40 PM
You may have seen this before, but I think it is awesome, I would buy one if I had the money!

http://www.teslamotors.com/

Raydee
08-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I personally can't wait for the FE Automobile revolution!

Avanti
08-09-2008, 09:43 PM
sweet looking car
base price $109,000 a bit steep for my wallet

Eyekandyboats
08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
i'd buy it... but the chevy volt is supposed to have more range.
who need a FE supercar... you would never use it so why bother when i can go futher on a charge in a volt

ace028
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I think this company will hopefully be the next revolution, like apple. They will be offering more affordable cars in the future, their idea is to set a foundation to build off of. Personaly I would not buy a GM product, well maybe a truck. I'm worried about the funding of GM's electric line, they laid of lots of people due to the economy. A company with people that are not really in it to make money means inovative design to me. These founders are already billionares, like paypal founder. I think this car is pretty awesome, looks like a mini ferarri-porsche-lotus. 200 miles per carge ain't that bad, at least for the begining of this being available to us. I'm sure that in the near future with a real demand for battery technology, charging times will be reduced and milage will be increased. I think they should use solar panels on the roof, for charging while parked at a store, or something like that. I like inovative design.

Avanti
08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
solar roof panel great idea, the trunk deck and hood would be good real estate for solar panels as well.

I would love to build an e-car, as a matter of fact I just added it to my build list.

ace028
08-09-2008, 10:43 PM
It would be cool to drop in a upgraded pack as the technology advances, even though the price would be really steep.

ace028
08-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I think about it like this, if your gonna dish out 100+ on a car, your gonna want to drive it, so if your going to work, or school, it could be trickle chargeing the whole time, I'm not sure that it could work while driving. I know that most people won't drive 200+ a day, but to have the ability to do that would be neat.

ace028
08-09-2008, 10:49 PM
solar roof panel great idea, the trunk deck and hood would be good real estate for solar panels as well.

I would love to build an e-car, as a matter of fact I just added it to my build list.

Full size? Must see pics of the build!! Do I see FE conversions for our automobiles? :rockon2:

Avanti
08-09-2008, 10:56 PM
yes full size, but very compact, for running errands around town. Two seater with some storage. if that turns out well maybe build an FE to mess with the local ricers.

ace028
08-09-2008, 11:01 PM
yes full size, but very compact, for running errands around town. Two seater with some storage. if that turns out well maybe build an FE to mess with the local ricers.

You must be rich to afford a project like that! You can make a sound track of some exotic motors, and play it really loud, scare them, then take off and leave them behind. :banana:

Avanti
08-09-2008, 11:46 PM
no not rich at all

should not be that much to convert a small car to electric.