PDA

View Full Version : Miss geico suddently runs like it hang up inn grass?

waterproof
05-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Help.
I have a miss geico 29 v2 that is new.
The two first run all seems fine, but today after about 7 min i caught in a small thin bush / Sticks so it goes slowly in to the land and i removed the stick/small bush. After a time the boat suddently behaved like i get stuckt in more or got grass on the prop.
I could see some grass behind the rudder, but not around the prop when i take it up from the water and look for grass or something but i coulnt see anything. That happens around 5-6 times that the boat dosent respond to more trottle and its like something hold it back, i could hear it on the sound and it was heavy back and the front pointed a bit upward from the water surface. Everytime i took it up and release the boat to the water again then it was fine until next minute..
Everyone have any idea why that happend?

The prop seems fine, could i damaged the plastic prop after the first time i get stuck? It looks like it not have any damage..
Hope you understand my poor english.

Thanks for answers :-)

Luck as a Constant
05-16-2014, 12:10 PM
No idea. Did you recharge your batteries?
It could be hitting the lvc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheShaughnessy
05-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Even the smallest of debris caught on your rudder will slow you down considerably. Sounds like the sticks fell off every time you picked it up out of the water.

drewluvskarin69
06-08-2014, 10:52 PM
Did you happen to check temps on your motor & ESC? You may have plugged up the water intake hole on the rudder with some grass, and got too hot. I believe the ESC has an emergency shutdown of some kind at high temps, but I can't swear to it. Make sure you have good water flow exiting the left side of your boat, each time it runs by, just for good measure.

waterproof
06-09-2014, 03:02 AM
Thanks for reply and tips.
I try the boat on other water later and it never happend again so it must be the grass.
Yes i often check the water outlet works, it have also happend that the cooling stops but i found it out fast enough so the temp was normal.

I didnt know that little grass could slow it so mutch :)