PDA

View Full Version : maxamus 1st BJ26 video

MAXAMUS
08-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Hi All

well its been a long time in the arrival of this video not in HD as i said, still waiting to get a hard copy of that, but in the mean time here is my first video of my BJ26
still looking for that sweet spot but GPS'D it today at 40mph with a foretrex 101
but i noticed alot of fine stringy weed catching on the fins but now i have a ball park figure i can start small adjustments and see if it improves a bit

running

fullers cat hardware
octura balanced and sharpened x642 prop
removed bat trays
re positioned antenna
blocked old antenna hole and cockpit air scoops
custom made water pickup
2x 6600mah 2s lipo's 25c
shortened fins
and on board foretrex GPS 101
the rest is stock

so here is the link enjoy ( just under where it says views remember to click on watch in high quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDa5ZrCn81E

MAXAMUS
08-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Just back from the pond not much of an improvement on yesterdays speed run of 40mph
last night i lubed the flexi drive and double checked that it was free to rotate and parallel when re assembled i wasn't out to make any adjustments to the strut or rudder but the speed increased by just .2 without doing anything so 40.2 mph iam looking to increase on this somewhat but as a newbie can someone post the finer points of adjustments to the strut IE what effect it has on being higher or lower and angled with up tilt or down tilt ? and with my set up what realistic speed do you think i could achieve ?? would be interested in your views

thanks Guys ........ Maxamus

obrien
08-10-2008, 03:55 PM
detounge the prop
that will help a bit

Jeepers
08-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Try other props than the 642,
I like the Octura 4 series props on my race boats.

Apples1
08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
get rid of those Silly fins! add almost 3-5mph without them, the higher you adjust the strut the higher the boat will ride, but the less unstable it will be , for straight line i have my strut up high, but for circuit i keep it fairly neutral.

IMO those fins just make the boat "crab" around the corners the BJ26 with a good offset rudder shouldnt need fins or trim tabs, i have no problem turning sharp at full pace without flipping.

I am a big fan of the 642 detounged and cupped a bit, cupping it will increase the pitch, the x645 is also great. have'nt tried my worked 645 yet but should be quich as well

ETOWNE
08-11-2008, 10:03 PM
I agree w/ APPLES, get good hardware and lose the fins.Worth 3mph on my boat.

MAXAMUS
08-12-2008, 09:31 AM
thanks guys

Ive got the hardware, fullers in line but it now looks like iam going to play about with the strut first raise it a bit then look at propnutt's angling of the fins to see what difference that makes, then no doubt remove them all together but will also invest in another prop but detounged this time everyone seems to be running the 642 apples1 has a 645 as his post
hmmmm decisions will look into it and report back

but thanks again for the comments

maxamus......

MAXAMUS
08-17-2008, 03:53 AM
bad weather in town not so good for flying or boating :cursing:
looks set for the forthcoming week Dammit !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDa5ZrCn81E

MAXAMUS
08-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Weather is looking good for tomoz
hoping new props will arrive as well
have on order octura x642 DE tongued balanced and sharpened
--------x645 ----------------------"-----------------------

looking forward to seeing any changes in GPS speed would love to break the golden 50 mph currently sitting at 40.2 mph

fullers off shore cat hardware
2x 2s 6600mah 20c lipo
shortened fins
x642 balanced sharpened and polished

fins soon to be removed !!

maxamus BJ video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDa5ZrCn81E

MAXAMUS
08-23-2008, 08:30 AM
well props never arrived this morning disappointing but i started out today to complete the fin mod

so now this is complete fins angled inwards and parallel with the outward step of the hull and shortened i can tell you i thought i was in for an easy ride the first fin unscrewed with no problem the second fin the 1st screw came out no bother and i thought iam on to a winner until the last one and we all know what happens there :cursing:

anyway all complete and iam off now to the pond GPS in hand and will report back with any handling issues and speed data

maxamus

MAXAMUS
08-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Not a good session down at the pond possibly due to the fact i should have done a water tight test before i set out on my run you learn by your mistakes

So things started off well, the boat was running well and the angled fins have made a substantial change in the cornering, more stable and sharper. Then i noticed that it was running wet thought that it was due to the fact i had set up wrong so i came in a little closer and gave some gas and it flipped some 25m out so i sent in the recovery boat and pushed it back to shore, well not good opened the hatch and there was enough water for a shower lol so back at home dried everything out and filled a basin with water and noticed water was seeping in on the left side of the fin have now stripped it all back down dried it out and made adjustments on the fin and used sealer around the fixings inside the hull just need to let that dry out and re check :cursing:

well that was my first flip and i hope i don't have anymore

MAXAMUS
08-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Well things were all going good there for a moment a leak around one of the fins was rectified sealant applied to other areas tested at home all OK so off to the pond checked again servo fine, throttle OK. GPS in , hatch taped down any a little push and i was set, 3 or 4 short runs up and down nothing to drastic then nothing no power no servo nothing dead in the water. Rescue boat was dispatched good job i charged its battery up this morning retrieved ,hatch off no sign of any water bone dry, now it has me stumped:confused1: .........any thoughts ????:cursing: