PDA

View Full Version : Charger connections for 6.6 receiver pack

duflo
05-05-2014, 04:19 PM
I have a Cellpro Dual Powerlab 8 and want to use it to charge a Turnigy 1450mah 20c Discharge Lifepo4 6.6v Receiver battery. Could someone tell me what charger connections I would need to do so? I am thinking that it would be banana plugs to a female futaba type plug. Thanks, Dan

pescador
05-06-2014, 12:29 PM
That will work or if you have the MPA board it has pins for charging receiver packs. Or get one of those squids that has bananas to all different ends.
For lifepo I charge them first with fast then with accurate on the Powerlab8, sometimes they don't get a full charge on accurate right off the bat.

duflo
05-10-2014, 10:26 PM
What actual setting do you use for the Turnigy 1450mah lifepo on the Cellpro Power Lab 8. Is it the 123 (2) cell fast charge? This is all new to me and I'd like to do it right the first time. Do you raise the mah in the setting to 1450? Bought a used 44" Herzog Hurricane and it has a Castle Hydra Ice2 HV 200 speed controller with a big Leopard motor. The batteries I got with it are (2) Dinogy High Power 6000 mah 14.8v 65c 5C. Do I wire them in series or parallel? What charging settings do you recommend foe these LiPos? I have not run the boat yet and hope to put it in the water this coming weekend. Have got the Cellpro Dual Powerlab 8 to communicate with our laptop computer. Appreciate pescador's reply to my first question.

pescador
05-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Duflo, I would use the fast charge for the Life's and change the mah's to 1450. I would check them again with the accurate charge to make sure they are topped up.
The lipo's would charge on Generic high power, I would charge them at 6 amps or 1C. Now for series or parallel, I think a boat that size would be 8s or in series but you have to check what the KV rating is on the motor to make sure it's not 4s or in parallel. I think it should be around 1000-1200 kv for 8s.

duflo
05-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Duflo, I would use the fast charge for the Life's and change the mah's to 1450. I would check them again with the accurate charge to make sure they are topped up.
The lipo's would charge on Generic high power, I would charge them at 6 amps or 1C. Now for series or parallel, I think a boat that size would be 8s or in series but you have to check what the KV rating is on the motor to make sure it's not 4s or in parallel. I think it should be around 1000-1200 kv for 8s.

Appreciate the help. Hope to send some pics in the near future. Glad to be part of this site and the ones on this site are .......Dan

HydroMike
05-12-2014, 12:01 AM
How do u like your dual PL8's. I have a single but thinking of getting the dual if I do I'm going to get rid of this one and get the dual
I have a Cellpro Dual Powerlab 8 and want to use it to charge a Turnigy 1450mah 20c Discharge Lifepo4 6.6v Receiver battery. Could someone tell me what charger connections I would need to do so? I am thinking that it would be banana plugs to a female futaba type plug. Thanks, Dan

duflo
05-12-2014, 03:32 AM
How do u like your dual PL8's. I have a single but thinking of getting the dual if I do I'm going to get rid of this one and get the dual

I am so new to this whole system that until I get some experience with it, I don't think my opinion would be worth much to you. The dual is really just 2x the single with some interesting software that I need to explore more. Someone else can answer this question better that I. Dan

HydroMike
05-12-2014, 02:42 PM
Yes all it is a two in one u will love it

785boats
05-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Duflo.
Just bear in mind that depending on the size & voltage output of the power supply that you have for your single, you may need to increase it if you want to use the dual charger efficiently on both channels simultaneously.
Just a thought.

duflo
05-12-2014, 08:25 PM
I have 2 identical independent power supplies. Looking forward to launching the boat in a few weeks. Thanks, Dan

pescador
05-12-2014, 09:13 PM

I'm running two PL8's independently and you can have the software running for both chargers at once or have them link together. Another option if you want to just get another single PL8.

HydroMike
05-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Ya I might be going that way
I'm running two PL8's independently and you can have the software running for both chargers at once or have them link together. Another option if you want to just get another single PL8.

duflo
05-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I tried to use the balance port with the storage preset and I would get bad cell count as an error (Cellpro Dual Powerlab 8). This is in regards to the Turnigy 6.6v receiver pack 1450 mah 20c discharge. Just wondering if it is a good idea to discharge the pack after use and for storage? Is the battery a 2 cell? What setting is best for storage on the Cellpro charger? Dan (green as they come)